• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Placing bets/Making a wager.

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
In the case of a trading system, a betting system that can be used between players for fun or other than trading if you have nothing but want something.

My thought is it would be along side a "trading/social UI" with players so initiating a bet would be done in the same way you would trade, group invites etc.

Now to explain how the system itself could work... stay with me :p

Say there would be options like this in some-kind of social UI:
[GROUP]
[TRADE]
[BET]
etc

The person who initiates would click [BET] then an alternative trade menu/UI would appear and could look like this:
I bet that [option: I can/You can't] [option: Kill/Shoot/Hit/Trap] [option: X Amount] of [option: animal/object].
Those options are just examples but you get the point :) (hopefully)

Then the person who is laying the wager could then choose the reward for completion, granted both parties are happy.

Just a thought, might work might not...

Davz Not Here

Backer
In the case of a trading system, a betting system that can be used between players for fun or other than trading if you have nothing but want something.

My thought is it would be along side a "trading/social UI" with players so initiating a bet would be done in the same way you would trade, group invites etc.

Now to explain how the system itself could work... stay with me :p

Say there would be options like this in some-kind of social UI:
[GROUP]
[TRADE]
[BET]
etc

The person who initiates would click [BET] then an alternative trade menu/UI would appear and could look like this:
I bet that [option: I can/You can't] [option: Kill/Shoot/Hit/Trap] [option: X Amount] of [option: animal/object].
Those options are just examples but you get the point :) (hopefully)

Then the person who is laying the wager could then choose the reward for completion, granted both parties are happy.

Just a thought, might work might not...

maybe take a page from the far cry / GTA world and add 'mini games' with cards, checkers, chess ..... the basics ..... then apply betting

Thread starter #3

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Just thought of something that I think fits in here.

Cock fights and other violent activities/sports, bear with me on this....

I don't condone sporting cruelty to animals ofc but my thought is that maybe these types of activites could satisfy some peoples bloodlust... this could include bare-knuckle fights etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, it was just a thought...

Humanoid

Nerd
Backer
Just thought of something that I think fits in here.

Cock fights and other violent activities/sports, bear with me on this....

I don't condone sporting cruelty to animals ofc but my thought is that maybe these types of activites could satisfy some peoples bloodlust... this could include bare-knuckle fights etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, it was just a thought...
Betta fish fights lol

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not sure I agree with @Num47 on the blood sports stuff, but what might survivors do to release stress? If we'd all been surviving for a while, might that happen? You know, I think it might.
But I'll certainly have a wager with him. I bet him an out of date, rusty tin of tuna I found at the back of the garage in Old Town that he gets eaten by a zombie before I do :)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Thread starter #8

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Not sure I agree with @Num47 on the blood sports stuff, but what might survivors do to release stress? If we'd all been surviving for a while, might that happen? You know, I think it might.
But I'll certainly have a wager with him. I bet him an out of date, rusty tin of tuna I found at the back of the garage in Old Town that he gets eaten by a zombie before I do :)
Yeah, that's really the only reason I thought it may be worth suggesting... betting on animals to fight might be too much, but I'm sure having some less "distasteful" voilent activities may keep people from turning into a gun toting nut.

Plus there is possible reward for it.

Thought that we have ideas to balance the mentailty in a kind of possitve way socially, so there might need to be some negatives ways to balance also... kinda moderating your innner psychopath, if that makes any sense.