• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Placing bets/Making a wager.

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
In the case of a trading system, a betting system that can be used between players for fun or other than trading if you have nothing but want something.

My thought is it would be along side a "trading/social UI" with players so initiating a bet would be done in the same way you would trade, group invites etc.

Now to explain how the system itself could work... stay with me :p

Say there would be options like this in some-kind of social UI:
[GROUP]
[TRADE]
[BET]
etc

The person who initiates would click [BET] then an alternative trade menu/UI would appear and could look like this:
I bet that [option: I can/You can't] [option: Kill/Shoot/Hit/Trap] [option: X Amount] of [option: animal/object].
Those options are just examples but you get the point :) (hopefully)

Then the person who is laying the wager could then choose the reward for completion, granted both parties are happy.

Just a thought, might work might not...

Davz Not Here

Backer
In the case of a trading system, a betting system that can be used between players for fun or other than trading if you have nothing but want something.

My thought is it would be along side a "trading/social UI" with players so initiating a bet would be done in the same way you would trade, group invites etc.

Now to explain how the system itself could work... stay with me :p

Say there would be options like this in some-kind of social UI:
[GROUP]
[TRADE]
[BET]
etc

The person who initiates would click [BET] then an alternative trade menu/UI would appear and could look like this:
I bet that [option: I can/You can't] [option: Kill/Shoot/Hit/Trap] [option: X Amount] of [option: animal/object].
Those options are just examples but you get the point :) (hopefully)

Then the person who is laying the wager could then choose the reward for completion, granted both parties are happy.

Just a thought, might work might not...

maybe take a page from the far cry / GTA world and add 'mini games' with cards, checkers, chess ..... the basics ..... then apply betting

Thread starter #3

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Just thought of something that I think fits in here.

Cock fights and other violent activities/sports, bear with me on this....

I don't condone sporting cruelty to animals ofc but my thought is that maybe these types of activites could satisfy some peoples bloodlust... this could include bare-knuckle fights etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, it was just a thought...

Humanoid

Nerd
Backer
Just thought of something that I think fits in here.

Cock fights and other violent activities/sports, bear with me on this....

I don't condone sporting cruelty to animals ofc but my thought is that maybe these types of activites could satisfy some peoples bloodlust... this could include bare-knuckle fights etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, it was just a thought...
Betta fish fights lol

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not sure I agree with @Num47 on the blood sports stuff, but what might survivors do to release stress? If we'd all been surviving for a while, might that happen? You know, I think it might.
But I'll certainly have a wager with him. I bet him an out of date, rusty tin of tuna I found at the back of the garage in Old Town that he gets eaten by a zombie before I do :)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Thread starter #8

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Not sure I agree with @Num47 on the blood sports stuff, but what might survivors do to release stress? If we'd all been surviving for a while, might that happen? You know, I think it might.
But I'll certainly have a wager with him. I bet him an out of date, rusty tin of tuna I found at the back of the garage in Old Town that he gets eaten by a zombie before I do :)
Yeah, that's really the only reason I thought it may be worth suggesting... betting on animals to fight might be too much, but I'm sure having some less "distasteful" voilent activities may keep people from turning into a gun toting nut.

Plus there is possible reward for it.

Thought that we have ideas to balance the mentailty in a kind of possitve way socially, so there might need to be some negatives ways to balance also... kinda moderating your innner psychopath, if that makes any sense.