• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Plate carriers and kevlar protection.

Thread starter #1

Cornholio308

Backer
I think this game has a good chance of finally doing body armor correctly unlike any other game to date "max payne 3 came pretty darn close". I'm just going to write some facts about body armor.

A kevlar vest uses fibres to trap the bullet and stop penetration. A level 2 bullet resistant vest can stop 9mm and 357 magnum at point blank with a level 3A "Also kevlar" being able to stop a 9mm and 44 magnum point blank. Now let's actually compare hard plate vests shall we? A level 3 hard plate vest can stop in its tracks a 7.62x51mm nato ball round. A level 4 hard plate vest can stop a 30-06 ARMOUR PIERCING ROUND!!!

Kevlar vest if added "Pistol rounds should not go through, remember its fibre so it can take multiple shots without breaking apart like plate armour "if made of ceramic and not metal" so no blood damage should be dealt and if there is it should be a tiny amount as bruising would take place and possible internal bleeding though what is more likely is a superficial wound like being hit by a really powerful paint ball causing broken skin bleeding and a hefty welt. 5.56 and above should go clean through.

Plate vest like I said above should take pistol rounds all day with ease with only the 7.62x51mm nato round doing hefty damage to the plate and able to get through after a few shots. The first shot to the plate should give no blood damage or shock damage and the second should give some shock damage and no blood damage, the third should go through.

So what do you think?

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think this game has a good chance of finally doing body armor correctly unlike any other game to date "max payne 3 came pretty darn close". I'm just going to write some facts about body armor.

A kevlar vest uses fibres to trap the bullet and stop penetration. A level 2 bullet resistant vest can stop 9mm and 357 magnum at point blank with a level 3A "Also kevlar" being able to stop a 9mm and 44 magnum point blank. Now let's actually compare hard plate vests shall we? A level 3 hard plate vest can stop in its tracks a 7.62x51mm nato ball round. A level 4 hard plate vest can stop a 30-06 ARMOUR PIERCING ROUND!!!

Kevlar vest if added "Pistol rounds should not go through, remember its fibre so it can take multiple shots without breaking apart like plate armour "if made of ceramic and not metal" so no blood damage should be dealt and if there is it should be a tiny amount as bruising would take place and possible internal bleeding though what is more likely is a superficial wound like being hit by a really powerful paint ball causing broken skin bleeding and a hefty welt. 5.56 and above should go clean through.

Plate vest like I said above should take pistol rounds all day with ease with only the 7.62x51mm nato round doing hefty damage to the plate and able to get through after a few shots. The first shot to the plate should give no blood damage or shock damage and the second should give some shock damage and no blood damage, the third should go through.

So what do you think?
I'm not totally against some types of body armor... the largest issue I see is, will it fit within the atmosphere of a very rural island environment?

Vookem

Zombies don't like cheese....
Backer
I'm not totally against some types of body armor... the largest issue I see is, will it fit within the atmosphere of a very rural island environment?
Same here. If there is a police station, mabe some sort of vest like the op stated. If not mabe some sort of home made armor?