1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Created Lore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB_, Apr 11, 2017.

1. RickGrimes

RickGrimes .44 Magnum Backer

Feb 5, 2017
    Nights are growing colder and colder. The day doesn't even seem warm anymore.
    It's the beginning of December and I can't feel my toes any longer.
    I managed to wrap my feet in some bandaging and put my boots back on to see if it would help.
    Time, is it even manageable anymore?
    All there is to do anymore is look for food, water, and supplies to last out the days.
    People are saying that the airport is overrun by walkers, and raiders started swarming that area.
    I want to get there but there's no point, my only option left is the Jeffrey's Bridge to the northwest.
    I had heard that the bridge is the only one left connected to the Island that wasn't blown up in all the craziness that swarmed us in the beginning.

------

I started heading out of Black Rock town and headed that way. I had no clue that there would be so much chaos...
    Dead bodies laying around, or in some cases hanging from a noose...
    Savage lands this must have been during all the riots, and theft.
    The only thing left on my mind as I travel alone was, Will I get to see my family again?
    Will I be able to see my wife's lovely eyes? Hold her close to me at least one last time?

-----

I've made it to Griffin Pass, right near Mount Baron. The whole Island is so quiet, with the exception of the dead walking that is.
    Once in awhile you hear a shot go off or maybe two before they stop abruptly and I hear nothing more but the birds chirping and bugs flying around.
    I've been holed up in this small cabin house. Kinda nice considering it was an abandoned shit hole.
    It's only a matter of time before I reach my destination. I can't give up, I refuse to.
    There was plenty of cans of ' Cushe's ' baked beans and ' Scrambles ' chicken noodle soup.
    Finally, I had eaten some well cooked meals. ( even though it wasn't the healthiest...)

-----

I'm crossing through Union Point. Hope I can get a car going around here and drive the rest of the way to the Bridge.
    I hope it's not blown up like everyone said about the other bridges.
    The military didn't give us a chance...
    Neither did the cops and officials of the state...
    I've been reading these notes I picked up around the Cabin I was in...
    They read : " Please ! Stay away from Union Point ! They call themselves ' The Death Bringers ' ! "
    or one of them said, " I can't go on anymore.... they chopped my fucking arm off ! I'm bleeding out man... Tell Donna I love her... I'm sorry Timmy... I love you little guy... "

I'm not so sure if those notes were connected or not to the Union Point raiders and murderers...
    Only one way to find out, and I am in need of supplies and a car.

----

*Scribbled writing I can barely read**Blood stains*
    THE-- Were -- Right.... I can't.....

Why -- I come...-- Here....

2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh my, what a couple of days.
    Despite the twisting road from Sage Creek to the coast, we just wanted to flee.
    The plan was to get away from the other group as quickly as possible.
    Well, it wasn't really a plan at that stage, it was a flight for our life. As much distance between 'us' and 'them' as possible.
    We crossed the Hawthorne river on the coastal bridge Heading for Addersfield.
    There seemed like there was no pursuit, perhaps the fire traps Dave had managed to lay round the camp we were held in were more effective than we hoped for?
    But it's night time now, and we all know what that means - more zombies.
    There's an school on the outskirts of the town. From the lights of the vehicles, it seems the railings surrounding it are still intact.
    We take the truck inside, and Frank manoeuvres the RV as best be can to block the gate off.
    It's not the best defence, but all we can manage.
    Entering the school building, we move as a team. No more unexpected surprises for us (please).
    The Canteen is one of the first rooms we encounter. Most of the food we find is rancid, but attacking an old vending machine gives us some canned fizzy drinks and chocolate bars. We eat and drink our fill, and take whatever else we can.
    Working back from the canteen through the kitchen area, we keep cautious. Nothing in the kitchen worth having except a couple of knives. But we're all consummate hoarders how, and pick up as much as we can carry!
    Up a flight of stairs, we encounter what must have been the old school nurses office.
    The cabinet has pain killers, bandages, and joy-of-joys, antibiotics.
    They're out of date, but the best (only ones) we've found.
    While Dave keeps watch, Frank takes a double dose - I take one as well.
    That still leaves a few.
    I swap watches with Dave while he rebadges Franks leg.
    It's still dark, and we can hear noises outside.
    We'll hold up here for the night.

3. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    It wasn't a good night.
    The hoards came again, I don't think any of us slept at all.
    Nervous energy, or just too scared?
    They got in to the old school building somehow, we ended up fighting them off at the door of the classroom we tried to fortify for the night. With only old desks and chairs available for barricades, we hadn't made a good job of it (even by our standards).
    The stench of the dead (should that be undead?) corpses makes me gag, Frank and Dave are looking a bit green around the gills as well.
    We need to get back to Hoffnug island [Black rock prison island] as soon as we can.
    Fortunately, the vehicles seem undamaged and the bright late spring sunshine seems to be keeping the zombies away.
    We're low on ammunition, and Dave's rifle jammed towards the end of the night, he had to go back to using his pistol. We need to get that usable again, but we've used up our cleaning kits.
    We scour the rest of the school building quickly, thin pickings, but we get what we can. Some tools from the janitors closet and a little more dried food.
    Frank takes another dose of the antibiotics and some pain killers to help with the infection on his leg.
    We'll move down the coast road towards Black Rock, that takes us through town. Another 30 second meeting ensues.
    We agree that sweeping the police station and petrol [gas] station quickly on the way would be good.
    A wise move, in retrospect. We found some more ammunition at the police station and a gun cleaning kit as well as another walkie-talkie.
    The petrol station had obviously see some 'action' since we last visited it, it looked like another survivor had tried to hold up there a while ago. There were dead zombies all around it. But the survivor was dead. Seemed like they'd killed all the zombies, but had been wounded at some time, and not been able to keep going. They'd made a valiant effort, fifteen of the undead surrounded them and they we're just dead.
    I'm rather sad to say we looted first, and then Frank suggested we give them a proper burial.
    It was a quick affaire, a deep enough grave, and a few non-descript words spoken.
    What had we all become?
    Survivors? Hopefully. But were we still human?
    It's late morning now, and the sky still looks clear. We hook up the portable generator in the RV to the petrol stations electrics, and top up the tanks on the vehicles, as well as filling up every container we can find. Loading everything up takes a while.
    There's a man in the distance. He doesn't have a weapon in hand, so Dave and I give him a friendly wave, while Frank ducks in to cover.
    He gives his name as Rick, he seems friendly enough (well, he hasn't shot at us). Perhaps we've over cautious about strangers now, but invite him to join us. He seems like he's all sorted, and wants to head out towards Griffin pass. We give him our spare walkie-talkie, and tell him about the spare boats at Black Rock if he wants to change his mind. At least we hope they're still spare!
    The journey to Black Rock was uneventful. Yes we saw more zombies, but they were in the shade, away from the road, and we didn't want to get in to anymore fights just now.
    The harbour area seemed deserted, but we were still over cautious.
    The ferry was still there!
    All aboard! We embarked the vehicles, re-enabled the ferry, and set off towards 'home'.
    It was only while on the way I discovered an unexpected passenger. A cat had somehow got on-board. It rather scared me when she rubbed up against my leg. I think we're all a little jittery these days.
    The name tag on her collar read "Ms. Mittens".
    Well we had some cat food and water, and she seemed friendly. I fed her.
    It's been said that petting an animal can reduce stress.
    Less stress would be good right now.
    The voyage is relatively calm, and we return to Hoffnug island.
    Time to unload, but we're still all very wary after recent events.
    Once more, we move as a team, as least one of us providing cover to the others. The last two days have been 'eventful' to say the least.

LoneWolf726 likes this.
  4. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    We move back towards our 'little bunker'.
    Even here, on our safe haven island, there are still zombies.
    Hoffnug island , 'hope' in the Germanic languages.
    It's early evening now, but the zombies are still around as we move back to our little base.
    Where do they all come from?
    Always, I have more questions, and am concerned for the sanity of myself and the other team members.
    Examining my left arm, it looks better. Frank takes another dose of antibiotics, well we all know you have to take them for a few days to stave off infection. Dave changes his bandages as I keep watch.
    We hold another 'staff meeting'.
    Although food shouldn't be an issue (the snares have given us all fresh meat, and the indoor grow-pots are doing well), we have a problem with powering everything.
    We have to make some serious choices here. The main generator is down to half a tank now. We used the heavy oil to keep the ferry running.
    It doesn't look like any outside help is coming soon.
    What can we do without?

LoneWolf726 likes this.
  5. LoneWolf726

LoneWolf726 Member Backer

May 9, 2017
    Liam,

All I can do is hope this note finds you one day. I don’t have much time. The dead are restless tonight. More than usual. Perhaps it’s the full moon, or the slight chill in the air, or perhaps it’s nothing at all. I don’t have any moves left. I’ve played all my cards. If you are reading this then I am already dead.

I need you to understand that I didn’t have a choice. I didn’t abandon you. I tried to come back for you but the dead were there at every turn. Mom and Hannah didn’t make it. Please forgive me.

I love you son. This isn't the life I wanted for you. Stay off the roads. Watch your back. Always keep a bullet in the chamber.

-Henry

*non story material* I want to say I think this thread is a brilliant idea and fun way to bring the community together. Too many survival games right now lack a proper back story. I've had a lot of fun reading through what everyone has been coming up with and it is driving my hype levels through the roof!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Num47 and Dr. J like this.
  6. LoneWolf726

May 9, 2017
    I prayed tonight. Figured It’s been awhile since the lord and I had a good talk. I thanked him for all my blessings. I was tired and the lord gave me the sweet lullaby of growling dead to listen too. I was cold and the lord made it snow even harder. I was hungry and the lord gave me a two course meal of piss and shit.

I told him about Sharon. Pammy. Timothy. Gareth. Angela. The old man who’s name I never bothered to learn. I gave him the nitty and gritty details. I let him know exactly how they all died. Oh but I'm sure they were comforted by the fact that this is all part of his grand plan as they were ripped apart by tooth and nail.

My little Pammy. I told him about her piercing screams. Screams I hear every night. Screams that will haunt me everyday of this blasted nightmarish hell we live in. Thank you lord. Thank you for destroying everything I’ve ever known.

For all my jesting I can say the big man above has shown me one kindness. An escape. I found a bullet today. One. Single. Bullet. Our lord is a generous one.

Num47 and Dr. J like this.
  7. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    LoneWolf726 likes this.
  8. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh Drat.
    I'm in a right state just now.
    I don't think it's physical - we're all eating quite well, getting fresh meat, vegetables as well as dried and canned food in to our diets.
    Bringing everything we know in to our situation, it's probably not that either.
    We've even been fishing off the dock this morning with some improvised rods and lines.
    Considering everything, we're not doing that bad.
    But I have nightmares, ones that happen during the day. Memories I can't shut out.
    I'm trying to keep myself occupied, to distract myself. Our little team of three is all I have left now. I'd do anything for Frank and Dave. They are my family, my friends, the only hope I have left.
    I can't keep these waking dreams away.
    When I'm rational enough to think about it clearly, it scares the [insert rude four letter word here] out of me.
    The problem is, I don't think I'm rational that much these days. Well, at least I know I'm losing it.
    The others don't know about my issues. Well, I haven't spoken about them. But they might have spotted something, we are a close team nowadays.
    I need to press on with the daily tasks.
    Dave's indoor grow-pots need watering, the snares need checking and resetting. I'll need to check the transmitter is working and see if the line printer has any new messages.
    Add to that checking the desalination plant and all the electrical equipment, well it's going to be a busy day!
    Busy is good ...

LoneWolf726 likes this.
  9. LonelyBeaver

LonelyBeaver Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn Backer

Aug 31, 2014
    I haven't felt like writing for a while I was still irritated by what happened with that other group they got us so easily. The guys didn't realise it but I managed to grab a weapon that those kroonys obviously looted from a gun shop. I hid it in the truck on the way back to the island, its only got one mag in it so its only for emergency. I showed the guys when we got back and we've put it in what we've designated the emergency room. The backroom where I got trapped is now our so called 'panic room' I've been working on it for the last few days. I used some of the ply wood sheets so that it's a sealed off room. I've added small peeping holes to the sides. The door is thick steel bars with a good lock. This room isn't really to stop against zombies, it's more about other survivors (hostile survivors). If they get on the island we can lock ourselves in. I've moved all the reserve ammunition, food supplies and a secondary cooker there. So if anyone gets on the island we can lock ourselves in the room fire up the generator and trap the enemies in the base and wait them out. If their trapped in the cell block we can wait them out with our supplies.

Dr. J and LoneWolf726 like this.
  10. LoneWolf726

May 9, 2017
    Journal Entries - Damien

---

Geeks : 41
    Survivors : 7

I spotted a group of survivors today. It's been awhile. I guess there just aren't many of us left. The thick forestry has made it easy to follow close behind them without being seen. They look very well off. They even had the luxury of having three separate meals. Breakfast. Lunch. and Dinner. Hell. I am lucky if I get to eat even one of those. Maybe I'll drop in and say hello the next time they stop to eat. They wouldn't mind a guest, would they?

---

Geeks : 44

This group is very consistent. I like it. They get up at 6 AM every morning. Stop to eat their meals at the same time every day. And make camp for the night at 8 PM sharp. I count eight in their posse. A man, woman, and child that look to be father, mother, and daughter. Two men in uniforms. Possible military background. They are the only ones that carry firearms. An elderly man. And a blonde woman who I must say looks... quite tasty.

---

Geeks : 49

Aside from the two uniformed men most of the group are amateurs when it comes to taking out geeks. The father was almost bitten by one. He would’ve been if the other group members hadn’t helped him.

---

Geeks : 50

I learned some names today. The child is Pammy. The blonde woman is Angela. Angela is a doll. I can’t wait to get to know her better.

---

Geeks : 57
    Survivors : 8

Old man wasn’t able to keep up with the group today. I took the opportunity to gut him. It got a little messier than usual. He saw me coming at the last second. We started fighting and some geeks decided to join in. I hung his body from a tree so he won’t get eaten. Fresh meat is a rare commodity.

---

Geeks : 58

The group didn’t break camp today. They went searching for the old man. The blonde woman looked particularly worried, must be related. They didn’t split up. Good move, else they would have been easy pickings. Speaking of easy pickings they left everything back at camp. I managed to nab some food, just enough that it won’t be noticed.

---

Geeks : 60

I have a plan but I’m going to need to double back for the old man.

---

Geeks : 64

I learned a little bit of biology today. Or anatomy. Whatever you would call mutilating a human and cutting out chunks of meat with a knife.

---

Geeks : 78
    Survivors : 13

Most people think the geeks are monsters. But not me. They are a tool, weapon, and force of nature. With a lot of fresh meat and a bit of luck I was able amass a large flock and shepherd them into the group's camp. It was the dead of night. They didn’t know what hit them. I snuck through the chaos and introduced myself to Angela. The look in her eyes as I drove my knife into her flesh. The panic of everyone fighting for their lives. The screams of agony as the child was torn apart. It was all so... exhilarating. I believe the father escaped, haven’t found his body among the mess yet. Maybe he’ll turn up. After all there are a lot of bodies.

---

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    RickGrimes, LonelyBeaver and Dr. J like this.
  11. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    @LoneWolf726 - I have no objections to your post myself, but I'd like you to take in to consideration modern day 'PC' thoughts.
    It's sad I even have to mention that, but it is the modern era :(
    There must be more to your story, I'd like to read it ...

12. LoneWolf726

May 9, 2017
    @Dr.J I know what you mean. No worries.

Totally up to the developers if they want to do something with it. I thought it would be interesting to get the perspective of someone mentally unstable. I had plans to make him even more sick in the head but figured I shouldn't go to over the top.

I also think there is more to Damien's story. ^_^

Dr. J likes this.
  13. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    @LoneWolf726 - more of your story and ideas, please!

[edit - more of everyone's stories, please!]

14. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    After the disastrous encounter with the other survivors, Dave has set up a safe room down in our little bunker at the docks. Some food, some ammunition, what we might need to defend against hostile people.
    We've been using the pickup truck to ferry supplies up to the old prison, the RV is a bit slow and heavy for quick journeys - we've made it in to as much of an armoured vehicle as we can. It's hard to see where you're going, hard to steer.
    This morning the fan belt failed on the truck. It almost overheated and cooked the engine.
    But we had a spare we found at the garage in Addersfield. It's not exactly the right size, and squeals like mad. But at least the thing still runs.
    The food situation isn't too bad, the snares still give us rabbits, the indoor grow pots are looking good and we still have some dried food. Fishing off the dock with our crafted lines is a bit hit and miss, but worth doing.
    Franks leg is looking better, but he continues to take antibiotics (though not as many painkillers).
    Forgive the pun, but living at the old prison island is driving us 'stir crazy'.
    At least one of us now normally watched the dock area.
    But we still see the occasional zombie.
    There isn't a very good map of this island. Well, it was a prison.
    Perhaps we ought to perform a full sweep of it, to see if we can clear out the zombies?
    There are come things we're running short of that we can't craft.
    Medical supplies in particular.
    We can craft bandages OK, but not anything else.

LoneWolf726 likes this.
  15. iiBqntZ

iiBqntZ Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    i have an explanation for where the zombies came from

turtle head bay was a dumping ground for chemicals. the chemicals then infected the nearby fish with the zombie virus which was then spread by fishermen selling they're catches to locals of the island who would then eat the fish and be infected by the virus.

Dr. J likes this.
  16. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Is chemical dumping the reason for the strange smell at Turtle Head bay?
    That might be an easy explanation ... could there be something more sinister we haven't found yet?

iiBqntZ likes this.
  17. iiBqntZ

Mar 26, 2017
    yes in fact it takes place there because of the smell and to your second question ......

they're here

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Dr. J likes this.
  18. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    They are everywhere ... I don't know myself what 'triggered' the outbreak, all I can say is our small team keep getting attacked.
    Zombies or other survivors, well they sort of meld together these days.
    That thought scares me more than trying to survive.
    I'm losing it, I'm going down hill rapidly. I'm living day by day. I do my best to support our little team, but they must have spotted I'm not 100% by now.
    That's more scary than zombies. What if they decide I'm not part of the survival picture?
    We've been through so much together, survived so long.
    The good news is Frank seems to be recovering from his leg injury.
    Fishing and trapping are also going well, as are our crafting skills.
    But we'll need to visit the mainland again soon for the things we can't make.
    There, we might run in to other people, or zombies.
    I'm not sure how I will cope with that.
    I'm scared.
    I'm scared of myself.

19. iiBqntZ

Mar 26, 2017
    For 17 years my father hosted this show and his father for 23 years and then i became host in they're image and then the outbreak came and i was host for 3 weeks. the military came and broadcast-ed an emergency message and i was terrified i didn't want to believe what i heard it was just so insane that the dead could attack the living they're dead. i cant stay here any longer im going to the docks to catch a boat if you find this note please dont let the station go to waste help those who haven't turned don't waste it with ramblings of conspiracy theories

Jonathan

Dr. J likes this.
  20. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    There's no new contact with the outside world.
    Perhaps we'll power down the transmitter?
    You would have thought someone would have been in touch by now, it they could.
    I'm scared.
    I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life.
    It's not the zombies that frighten me the most, it's me.
    I hardly manage to sleep anymore [possibly just like the Dev team?]. I worry about everything and anything. Is there any help out there? Can we contain the zombie threat? How can we all "Survive the Nights"?