• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Player Created Lore

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
The radio crackled again at first light, there's someone else alive.
I just hope their mental state is better than mine, and we can share resources, stories, everything that keeps us going.
Even in the daylight, the zombies are everywhere. I try to keep away from them, but it's hard. Weapons aren't too difficult to find, but the condition is never great. Ammunition supplies are also easily found, but not always for what you have!

I need more food, and batteries for the radio. I think there's, someone alive in Black Rock. Another sole, alive. But searching just for the food is tough.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I may be hallucinating, I can't really tell. I am very sick now. A lack of clean water and almost no food I can eat. What I'd give for a can opener! I'd even eat the cat food I found yesterday. Yes it's that bad.
I hide on the outskirts of the town, I can't even remember which one now. The zombies are everywhere. During the day, I can avoid them as I try to scavenge for food. There isn't much. But food and water are a must have.
In the night, I cower in a locked bathroom. I can't sleep, the noise of the prowling zombies keeps me awake.
If I can just survive another night ...

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
There it is! Another signal on the radio. Mine is so low on power that I don't think it can send signals only receive. I should have stayed at Union Point Black Rock has much less supplies and I can't stay here for long. The medical supplies I found here were needed but due food being more rare my overall health has dropped.
Tomorrow I'll head back to Union Point, my apartment in the west of the city is well fortified and at least there I can get a full nights sleep without worrying that I'll wake up with a zombie nibbling on my toes.
The suns setting. Time to light a fire and prepare for the night ahead.
One more night.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Another day, another battle to survive. Never mind the nights, just getting enough food and water is a struggle enough. I'm still very sick. I think I'll try to get back to Union Point. But even with a compass and map, it will be a tricky journey. Two days travel? If I'm lucky. The zombies are everywhere now, in the day time as well as at night. Any noise draws them towards me. Even the static on the radio seems to attract their attention. It is my hope the faint voices I hear when it crackles in to life are real people, not the hallucinations bought on my lack of clean water.

My hope? It's still the same, finding another survivor. Someone share experiences with, to work with gathering food and other resources.

I can't carry much, my health has got too bad. Oh for a can opener!

I've made it through another night, it's daybreak now. If I had time, I'd wait another hour or two until the sun was fully up, but I have to make a start on my journey. A rash decision? Probably. I need food, medical supplies, clean water and the illusive can opener.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've reached Union Point.

Sometimes during the nights memories of my family return. Those days before this all started. Happier days we all want back.

All I long for now is a can opener, clean water and some other survivors to help me fortify a building. Somewhere we might all survive another night.

LonelyBeaver

Backer
I saw someone... This evening at dusk a person walking down the street and then darted into the house down the road. They didn't see me but I can't risk lighting a fire tonight not with people so close we'll have to scout them out in the morning it's too dangerous during the night.

They look weak. Only basic weapons looks unhealthy maybe he just needs some help. I'll have to trap him to make sure he doesn't try anything silly that may lose us our lives.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Daybreak again, and another night of terror is now in the past. Just another day of terror and survival to get through before the night time comes again. From the windowless bathroom I cowered in last night, not daring to sleep, I assess my merger supplies. No food I can eat, and only dirty water to drink. Mele weapons are looking in poor condition, and my one functioning firearm even worse.

I drink enough dirty water to keep my hydration manageable and refill it from the only supply available before setting off.

I can hear zombies as I open the bathroom door. I hope there's a hospital with medical supplies here in Union Point, I'm in a bad way. I just need to hope my health and stamina will last until I find them.

Even in the day when I decided to use a firearm, the noise drew the zombies to me like a duck to water, now I just use melee weapons unless I'm desperate. And I'm often desperate.

I have to drop some canned food before I leave, I just can't carry everything I have and make progress.

Time to venture out in search of other survivors, medical supplies and the ever illusive can opener.

LonelyBeaver

Backer
I'm stalking the guy. I watched him leave his hideout this morning and now I'm tailing him to see what he's like. I think he's friendly. I'll approach him tonight, it's about time I had some company around here.

I need to make sure my guns are clean and loaded in case this guy does try something. The suns starting to lower. Show time!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Oh what a day! I've found a can opener and a gun cleaning kit.

But Union Point village is thick with zombies, even at midday. At least now when I hold up in the evening I can eat all the canned food and get one of my firearms in to better condition. Yes I've got two now. But the question is which one to fix? The Rauser rig is only at 6%, but I've more ammo for that, the shotgun is in better condition, but very little spare on the ammunition front there. Decisions, decisions.

But I still only have dirty water to drink, and my health continues to worsen. I need to improve my health, and pick a building to fortify. To make it a safe place, a home.

In the early morning, I think I might have seen another player. They were a distance from me, but didn't seem to be moving like a zombie would. Ever cautious, I ducked in to cover, checked the handgun was loaded, and swapped to the radio... just static. I know zombies come towards noise, even in the daytime, so switched off the radio and tried to get some more scavenging in. A tin of cat food. Just my luck. I'm not that desperate yet.

I hope it was another survivor I saw, and they will be friendly.

But for now, the night is drawing in again, it's time to find an upstairs, windowless, bathroom. Another sleepless night ahead.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not a good start to the day.

Despite using my tried and tested 'cowering in a windowless upstairs bathroom' technique last night, the zombies found me. It almost cost me my life. The machete is now useless, the hatchet won't last much longer either. I had cleaned the Rauser rig. But using an unsilenced weapon at night? That might mean certain death. I'll recap a little ...

I used to live near Craven Cove, I'd come here to retire with my family. Don't ask how long ago, days, weeks, months, even years perhaps? Time doesn't matter much now. The exception is being secure when the night comes. I don't know how many nights I've survived now, it's all a blur. When you run in panic from your first zombie, as I did and leave your dead family behind, it effects you deep down. I still see them in my dreams. And my nightmares, when I remember their screams as the zombies found and devoured them.

That's all put aside for now, I need to survive another day, another night.

No it's never put aside. I will remember them always, it gives me the strength to go on. But most of my nightmares now come from the sounds of movement at night.

My strength is ebbing away. I used the gauze pad and bandage from my merger supplies to control my injuries from last night, but I'm not in a good way health wise. The lack of clean water and food is taking it's toll. Yes, I've eaten the cat food this morning. I know it will make me worse, but 'any port in a storm' as the old saying goes. I could be delirious from lack of hydration and nutrition, or just so sick it's effecting my judgement.

I think I've been to more places on Black Island since the zombies turned up than I ever did at the start of my peaceful retirement here. All we used to do then was rent a little cabin on the sea front at Old Town for a couple of weeks a year.

I'm rambling again, I'll put it down to my poor physical and mental condition.

I escaped North from Union Point last night, barely. I'm planning on heading East towards Sage Creek, going cross country to avoid main roads as much as I can. But I still need food and water.

Did I actually glimpse another survivor yesterday morning? I can't be sure. I live in a haze of sickness and pain these days. A daily struggle just to get through the day, and the night. Especially the night. If I did, I hope they're OK. But now, I have a new goal, to reach Sage Creek in the hope there are less zombies there. It might take me two days to make the trip. Two days, with two bottles of dirty water, no food, and minimal weaponry.

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
it's been how many days now?
oh who the hell cares not like the zed can read guess I'm just writing now for my own sanity.
anyway after the end of the damn world kicked off most of those who died where in morgues, accidents or (depressingly) killed themselves and proceeded to get back up and make an ass of themselves.
most stayed in the cities to try and fight them off "aim for the head", "find a mall", dumb ass wannabe survivalists drinking their own piss for days.
idiots.
fire a gun ANY GUN and more will come, malls/hospitals/cities all overrun being full of people and all, and there's a reason your piss doesn't stay where it is.
all of them idiots.
not sure when i last left my cabin but as much as i would hole up and bunker down I'm running out of arrows and my blade is getting dull. i tried sharpened stones but at this rate making the trip to town a better use of my time the stones simply wear down too fast and are just too unwieldy.
wish my luck fortune willing I'll be back hopefully without being robbed.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer

DZS

Survivor
Backer
I could hear my heartbeat thumping, like a hammer to my chest. All around was darkness, where was i? Cold air left a slick of dew on my head.
Slowly i arose, the cryostasis lid slid back. I was clothed in a lite jump suit, the standard garb for those put under in crysleep. Dim memories bubbled to the surface, something about mass panic. A hysterical outbreak. How long had i been under for? months? weeks? years? There was barely any power the few working lights projecting a limited field of vision. A memory hit home, I was working in the lab employed by chrysalis weapons systems. I had to find out if there was any of my colleagues still in the facility. Everything looked so different, twisted distorted. As i moved forward i stumbled on a random object in the darkness, it slid off into the dark recesses. I could feel the hairs on my neck begin to stand up, something was here. Finally made it to the main cryostasis facility door. Great, there was no opening that was fully automatic. Whilst up near the door i could hear a shuffling sound on the other side. Immediately i begun knocking on the door, HEY is there someone back there? Can ya help me out im a bit overdue for knocking off. The shuffling moved towards the door, suddenly a set of beady eyes steered at me mouth hanging wide open an unnatural gurgle coming from within. Its eye's tracked me hands begun clawing at the door. This was no person. More sets of shuffles moved towards the door, now it had friends all working for the same goal to get the warm body on the otherside of the barrier. The door started to rattle as weight begun piling up. It dawned on me that if i didn't find another way out i was never going to see daylight again let alone the sun rise. In a panic i begun to survey the cryostatis room, up to one corner was a air vent grill. Quickly i moved over, it was just low enough on the wall to access without significant effort. I ripped at it with all my strength, slowly the grill bent off and out. I pulled myself up into it using superhuman athleticism. Just as i clambered down the air vent a loud bang came from the room, the door gave way. Those creatures started wandering in fanning out to find the tasty morsel like a clam in a can. After a 10 min crawl into complete darkness another airvent appeared. This one had some light streaming through. I punched the air vent one, two, three times it gave way. Looking down and out, the reception to the facility gave a cheerful greeting only it was mared by a couple of bodys one i recognized to be the poor receptionist. Jumping down and out with a loud thud, i observed the room. Nearby was a drinks machine long since dead but likely still loaded with canned subsistence. Cautiously moving towards it, watching for more friends i picked up a nearby discard metal rod then begun smashing the heck out of the drink vendor. After a few well placed blows on the main backlite advertisement it cracked open. Smashing a large hole i was able to reach through and grab one of those nice cool drinks. Well not so cool anymore. After quenching my thirst i looked past the reception desk, finally the front door. Daylight greeted me, the door had been chained and locked little good it did. A number of windows were smashed as if a large crowd had walked straight through. Decided i best make hast and clambered through one of the windows armed with the metal rod.

Sometime in the late 90's the Canadian Govt in partnership with a private corporation had established a biological weapons research facility on Black Island. It was advertised as a health insurance company a secretive front. I was one of the assistant lab researchers assigned to a security level 10 project. We were only told a few scant details and what our task was, whom to report all progress too. Little did i know the things that had tried to eat me, was the results of myself and my colleagues work.

The day was dragging on, i set out down a path that looked like it lead to a main road. Had to find out where everyone had gone, or if there was anyone left on the island. Or anywhere?

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@DZS , I'd like to know more of that story. I'm liking the idea that survivors awakened to the aftermath.

A research facility on Black Island that both caused the situation and protected people? Just got to love that idea!

But to get back to what the dev.s wanted, could you be a little more location and time independent?

DZS

Survivor
Backer
After what must of been hours i came too a small town, a few clicks back a bill board stated 'Now entering Sage Creek'. I had traveled south from turtle head bay. Thinking about it, the area did seem ideal for an insurance company with magnificent views and a seabound dock nearby. As boats were a popular mode of transport around the island it made sense. Walking around Sage Creek i saw larger packs of those things roaming nearby. I was starting to a get a little hungry decided it was time to find some food. Not knowing if there was still family's holed up i carefully checked some nearby houses to see if anyone was home. Tried knocking quietly on a door, no answer. Carefully opened the door, to be greeted by a couple of body's laying on the floor. Those poor people i said gingerly. Looking around the room something caught my attention. Nice, laying on the table was a pistol with a full clip. I grabbed it and shoved it down my pants, hey it works in the movies right? Finally i located an unopened can on a nearby bench, yah food but no can opener? Being the intelligent guy i was, i improvised. Searching around the house i was able to find an attached garage, inside was a chisel all i needed was hammer. Rummaging some more around the garage i managed to find a hammer. As it prob wasn't a good time to chow down decided would be best to stash them till later, but i had nothing to carry stuff in. Further searching turned up a small bag yah! I quickly shoved food and tools in the bag and placed it on my back. Before i moved on i realized i had no clue what year and time it was. Seemed to recall going into cryostasis around Christmas eve 1999. Quick search around the house revealed some papers. The year was 2001? My gosh? I had been under for 2 years? One of the bodies had a watch attached still working. Grisly i removed the watch cleaned it off and wore it, the time said 1pm. The truth rapidly dawned on me that i may well be the last living inhabitant on the island. This did not bode well, was there anyone still alive on the mainland - Canada? How far had the BOW's spread? I had to get off the island and find out. Perhaps the island had been quarantined? I could only hope.

The afternoon sun was starting to dip, instinctively i felt that i had to get to a safe haven before night fall. Up on a hill in the distance was the shape of a church, of all places to hole up that was the most secure. I carefully dodged roaming gangs of walkers, most were pretty disabled at this point only a few had any credible motion of walking left. Not too hard, duck run duck. Easy enough to handle, a few spotted me but quickly lost interest as their field of vision appeared quite small. Finally running up the hill made it to the church. Opened the front door and bolted it with a large solid wood bar. Hehe they dont make em like that today. As the sun begun to set and night approached i got to having a meal terrible as it was. The chisel and hammer worked splendid, wolfing down what appeared to be beef and pasta i looked around my temporary home. On the pastors pew i could just make out a gold cross, curiously there wasn't a single body to be seen. Underneath the cross was a hastily written note, faded from days of relentless sun and rain. I walked up to the cross picked up the note and begun reading.

The note read the following "All hope lost, only these walls stand between us and the dead. We can hear them clawing, but our faith stands fast. Christ will endure. The town fought back, till the very last gun. It was not enough. We don't know where they came from but an army of death has descended upon our small island. Fortunately a runner was dispatched to the local radio station to get word out so that the island may be quarantined. We don't know if he was successful, our scouts never reported back. We shall not die in this place and desecrate its holy grounds. My flock is to leave at morning if we survive that long, we will make our last stand in the town that brought us in. To whom may be reading this, there is a small cache of supplies hidden it was the last of what we had. May it serve your needs well. The 4th seat from the door there is a loose plank lift it up to receive a blessing. God Bless you. Father Vindictus."

After reading that i felt a sense of calm, such sacrifice had taken place here. Not being terribly religious i felt to humble myself in this holy place. I knelt down for a moment of silence to remember those whom had given their lives. As the last ebbs of sun disappeared a solitary ray hit the seat where the loose board was located. I got to my feet noticing the sign, walked over and moved the seat sure enough there was a bundle of supplies well packaged under the loose floor board. Upon opening it, i found the following:

1 can opener
1 bundle of fuses
1 axe head and axe handle in excellent condition
1 roll of masking tape
1 small torch
1 commercial sleeping bag
1 spanner
3 cans of food
2 bottles of sterilized water

And most interestingly, a map with hand drawn notes and a number of words. It was now too dark to make out much so i unpacked the sleeping bag and turned in feeling alot safer than out there. What a day, wonder how much back pay im owed was the last thought i had before i slipped into unconsciousness.

Note
BOW - Biological Organic Weapon

Last edited:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
@DZS , I'd like to know more of that story. I'm liking the idea that survivors awakened to the aftermath.

A research facility on Black Island that both caused the situation and protected people? Just got to love that idea!

But to get back to what the dev.s wanted, could you be a little more location and time independent?
Done :)

Who knows who else might of been in a cryostasis unit, or what :oops:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've made it to Sage Creek, and have started to get a stash going at a building North of the water tower. It's a hard road to follow. A long track to find supplies, food and clean water are hard to come by. I can just about keep my calorie and hydration nominal. But my health continues to deteriorate.

The zombies are everywhere. If I'm feeling brave, I'll shoot them. But that just brings more of them to my location. So I run. Melee weapons are great for close quarters combat. But I don't want to be that close. Another dilemma to face in this world.

What caused all of this? I'd heard rumours of a research facility on Black Rock island. Should I try to find it? If it exists, would it provide some answers?

More questions... Why is there no contact with the outside world? Are we now all alone?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think I've found some answers about the research facility that may have been the cause of the downfall, and in some cases salvation. Was Black Island run by the government? Were we all part of experimental testing? Did everything go horribly wrong? Is that why we can't contact the outside world?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm physically in a bad state, my mental health is probably worse. I just can't tell these days. Surviving the days is bad enough, surviving the nights is a horror. I concentrate on hydration and food.

I will try to continue building up the building North of Sage Creek, getting weapons and supplies stored there for myself and other survivors.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Nobody I've come across so far can remember anything before the zombies. I struggle to remember things from one day to another. I try to keep notes.
There were hints I've found about a secret research facility, a blank area on the map of Black Island. Are we all part of a research project that went horribly wrong?
I can't even remember what year it is, let alone the day or date.
Am I infected with the same thing that has created the zombies? Surviving the days is hard enough, but Surviving The Nights is harder still.