1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Created Lore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB_, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Well, I usually only gotta topple one or two governments every few years... it gives me a good decade of free time ;)

Dr. J likes this.
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh my word, are we straying a little here? Toppling governments? In the USA, there's' a new president. in the UK a 'snap' election is on the way. I don't have to bring the Turkish referendum results, the results of the first round of the French election voting or the upcoming German election as well, do I?

3. LonelyBeaver

LonelyBeaver Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn Backer

Aug 31, 2014
    We've been in Black Rock bay for about 3 days. John must have woken up sometime today he's eaten and drank some of the water and food that was in the RV. The ferry is good its secluded and no one can get on board but we're still going to go to the island. Luckily Johns stump seems to be sealing up despite our lack of proper medical supplies. Frank is the only one completely fine now his arm and stomach have healed and he's stable. My shoulder seems ok. I had to take it out of the sling the other night to drive and help John but I think it should be ok. There's a radio on board the ferry so we set it to all frequencies and sent out a radio call. Nothing. There must be someone out there I mean I understand that there may not be anyone on the radio but except for John and Frank everyone else has been undead or hostile. Except maybe that poor soul from the other night. I feel for him. He must have been awake for the whole thing as the zombies ripped into his flesh. John's awake again, I sit with him, explaining what has happened the past few days and giving him chocolate and water. The sugar should help regen his blood and energy levels. He's looking better he has colour back and he seems more alert but he says his eye sight is a bit blurred but he still wants to stand. I help him to his feet but he's clearly not come attuned to the lack of a hand as he wobbles to the right. It'll take some getting used to but he'll get there. I help him out of the RV so that he can see the home that we've made. We're not that far off coast but enough so that anyone who plans on taking a swim would think again. John says it's time to hit the island but Frank and I are both hesitant we want John at his best even if we only have a days food supply left. We settle on tomorrow. We're going in tomorrow. We all sit in the RV at the table and I pull out the tourist map and we decide our plan of attack for the Island. We don't want to head straight for the cells because if there are no supplies there the island will be a bust. We decide to hit the supplies first if it all checks out then we'll move into the cell block and deal with whatever we find.
    There isn't much else we can do while on the ferry its big and has plenty of space on board but it's not a home. We play cards that we found on board to pass the time and talk about what our lives were like before the apocalypse. Its nice, its nice to have some sanity during this time.

Dr. J likes this.
  4. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Day '?' Well I've completely lost track of time now.
    Dave came by earlier, both him and Frank are fairing better than me, coping better than me. I can now move around a bit more, but I'm still off balance, wobbling towards my right. If I don't have the 'infection', I might get used to it.
    Were it not for the rest of our little team, I'd be dead by now.
    Our little team - the three musketeers. I manage a smile at the thought of the name.
    We're still on the ferry, just off the prison island, and have a chat about what to do next.
    We all still agree that Black Ridge prison island should be our next port of call.
    It's also agreed that we should be cautious in our approach, the priority will be supplies and defence.
    We're trying to pass the time until we land with a game of cards, and talking about what our lives were like 'before'. I'm having a hard time concentrating on the game though, I still try to use my left hand, not to mention being rather wrecked on pain killers.
    But we have a plan (perhaps not the best one, but a plan none the less).
    And we have a goal.
    Sorry if I repeat this, but I have had a lot of painkillers (apparently). Goals are good!
    Better than trying to keep my journal for my sanity. Something to do every day I can, the journal, that is.
    But now our little team need to be focused on the challenges ahead.
    The island, and what we might find there. Or not find there ...
    We've rather pined our hopes on it.
    I haven't spoken to Dave of Frank about this, but I'm worried. Worried that I'm more of a burden than asset to the team, worried about what might happen to me.
    I keep the pistol (just loaded with one round) with me always now.
    If things just get worse, I hope I'll have the courage and mental capacity left to me able to 'use' that one shot.

Num47 and LonelyBeaver like this.
  5. fresh1026

fresh1026 Active Member Backer

Jan 5, 2017
    Well it seems to me like this boat ride is taking much longer than anticipated, and getting boring considering how John had one arm and was knocked out cold. But there was Dave but the only problem was I'm not much of a talker John seemed to be the one that really kept the group social and stable I guess or maybe I just don't have much to talk about, my life hasn't been too interesting till now before this I sat at home learning to code and make games that what I wanted to do before all of this mess but ummm I don't think that's going to happen. I mean even if we do find a computer that isn't damaged it will be a potato, maybe I can make pong or snake will go back to the basic coding tho I never learned binary coding and that is what I would need considering how I would need to program from scratch maybe I can find a book somewhere hopefully intact of course. You know I think it's funny how life make circle or well history I should say. I always thought in history class it was like a movie that was easy to tell what was going to happen next do to the fact that it pretty much repeats but in a different way a little but still had the same principle/premise. I looked at Dave and asked him how you doing man he replied with a snicker, You know to be honest besides chopping my buddy's arm off and making him look like captain hook I'm pretty good. I started a conversation finally I don't know how long this boat ride will take but I know one thing is for sure ill be able to have a better friendship with Dave better than before.

Dr. J likes this.
  6. LonelyBeaver

Aug 31, 2014
    Last night was a long night. I never liked being on water. A storm rolled in at about 11pm and didn't end until this morning but I think the sight of me spewing over the edge made John feel a bit better in himself. We're going to move on to the prison today we've had enough of this boat and supplies are low. We docked at about 10 and decided it would be best to leave the truck and RV on board in case we have to leave speedily. The small port is empty no zombies no humans. We look around and find a few wood supplies but nothing amazing. We decided that following the east coast round to the supply buildings would be best rather than to go straight into the main building. Frank had to use the axe to hack through the fence we're not too worried because if the island is deserted then there'll be no need to defend. We had to break the front door down which unfortunately attracted some friends some of the old staff. We lured them out of the building and through the hole in the fence. 20. Frank finished 2 off while I ended 3. John kept watch. We searched they're dirtied and ripped uniforms to find a few rounds for an unknown weapon (as they didn't fit in any of ours) and the prison master key. We headed in to find a nearly fully stocked kitchen. It was a beautiful sight enough food to last us at least a week and a half! We checked the rest of the building to find clothing to replace our own and more ammo and pistols. From the look of it they only had pistols in the prison which isn't to much of a problem but it also doesn't look like anyone else has been here. We head to the main building. We opened the door to a foul smell. The inmates that had caught the virus are just standing there in their cells staring into space, the ones that didn't turn are dead... not only that but they're decomposing. It almost made me throw up the smell was vile. We all decided that this building was off limits from now on. The zombies in their cells will not only be safe in there but also they will be guinea pigs for us. Do they die from starvation? or is there something else that keeps them going.

Num47 and Dr. J like this.
  7. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well, we'd made landfall on the prison island.
    I think Dave was the most grateful for that. Am I still delirious, or too high on pain killers? But the sight of him leaning over the side of the ferry giving it the "old heave ho" made me feel better.
    Sometimes, laughing at shared adversity is the best medicine there is.
    For now, we secure the ferry as best we can, leaving the vehicles on board. We've all worked hard to get them, and don't know what the island will bring us.
    We cautiously worked our way round to the prison, and in though the fence. Well, I say 'we', I was practically useless just now, tanked up on pain killers and antibiotics with a missing limb. But I was still more worried I might 'turn'.
    The smell reached us first.
    My turn to throw up.
    Dave and Frank will give better accounts of what we found. All I'll say is that we did what we could for most of the inmates and guards. Yes, that's a euphemism. Some former prisoners (former people) were more secure in their locations.
    I don't want to use the word 'experiment' here, I might be a guinea pig soon myself. Pull yourself together, positive thoughts!
    But it was a chance to conduct some more study.
    Study, such a benign word.
    But if we were to find out what had happened, where the infection had come from, and how to fight it, we would need to learn more.
    At least the prison kitchen had been well stocked. Daily supplies wouldn't be an issue for a while.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Num47 likes this.
  8. Num47

Feb 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

ld-airgrafix, Montauk and Dr. J like this.
  9. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    As a community, we're all pulling this story of the background together.
    I just hope the game will be as good as our tales when it comes out [yes, that's a joke comment]
    On a more serious note, and back to notes ... is there a way we would be able to find some in the game?

ld-airgrafix and Num47 like this.
  10. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    Well finally we landed on this rock I thought we would never get off this darn boat. I mean the only funny thing that came out of it was Dave throwing out his guts but don't tell him I said that hehehe. Well John woke up he looks high as hell on all those meds he took, we need to find more on this island if not things can go south for John I fear and for me as well I mean I was sorta got shot in the stomach, and it still hurts to eat, and laugh a little. Well any ways we landed like I said and like expected we found undead and the were hungry so we ended there starvation with a bullet to there brain usually does the trick. Personally the first thing I wanted to do was scavenge this rock for supplies, but most of all find the armory because if we do we can be stocked for a long while. Another thing is if this place is truly safe we can turn this place into a type of sanctuary for people we come across in out adventures but that is something I would need to discuss with the group so I shouldn't get ahead of myself and helping people I mean the people we have came across just shot at us, they mus have mistaken us for bandits or maybe they are going insane like the rest of the people on this country. I mean they were by them self's and all of it must have gotten to them. None the less I shall discuss these event with my friends and see what they think I mean when we get back together during dawn at the meet up point hopefully with a cozy bonfire. It's been so long since I can actually sleep and feel away from danger ya know, this while time I have been on edge maybe I can find peace on this island well maybe.

ld-airgrafix and Dr. J like this.
  11. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    I still don't know what day it is now - too many painkillers and antibiotics. But like the others, I still try to keep notes in my journal.
    Is it one of the things that keeps us all just a little more sane?
    Can we make Black Rock prison island our sanctuary?
    With just three of us, there's quite a large area to defend. The 'three musketeers'.
    Despite the swift amputation of my left hand and arm, I'm still worried I might 'turn'. I haven't discussed this with Dave and Frank openly yet, but I think I can see from the look in their eyes that they are thinking about it as well.
    I'm scared, not just about what I might become, but what I might try to do to them.
    There's a lot to do here, another transmitter to investigate, the rest of the island to explore and some 'research' to be done on those survivors. I'm rather tired, a little hungry and thirsty.
    We still need so many answers...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    ld-airgrafix likes this.
  12. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    What seems strange to me is that we'll all have experience with computing (in some form or another) as well as some experience of survival training, military, boy [eagle] scouts.
    Is that why we all ended up on Black Island? Were we all just adventurers at heart?
    Was that why we were not doing too badly?
    Questions, always more questions!

13. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    You know I never really cared to much for other people but this apocalypse really got me thinking why didn't I talk to people prior to this? Maybe it has to do with my different mid set from others. For example while every one was talking about college I was thinking about traveling the world care free. The response to that was your a dim wit for not wanting to go to college, the thing was I didn't really need to go to college to create games all I needed was a guide and I can do anything if I applied to it. But despite that I was always accused of being nothing more than a low class citizen, I was always told I wouldn't make it with that mind set and I should change it. The thing about college is that I wasn't opposed to it I just didn't have to much money and at best I would have probably gotten community college as a scholarship,and would have learned the basics that I could have taught myself for free. I don't know maybe I'm dumb but still didn't hold me back from learning some coding, so maybe I did something right there? But that is a reason why I came to black island in the first place, to explore the world and get to understand it more. I don't what but buddies did before this maybe I'll ask sometime.

Dr. J likes this.
  14. LonelyBeaver

Aug 31, 2014
    I'm worried about John. I saw him writing in his journal about turning. Its got me worried a bit now. Surely it would go to that I cut it off before the infection could spread his veins look clear and his flesh is fine. Probably just anxiety but I'm getting it too. There's four beaches to get on this island one is the port, one is blocked off thanks to the supply building but the other two look open. We can't defend this island with only three of us but if we can reuse some of the fencing we may be in business. We couldn't find the generator but it must be here from what I can tell the island is either self powered or powered from the main land underground. I decide that there is one place we haven't checked for it. The end of the cell block we haven't checked. While the other two are trying to get into the radio tower I move through the cell block the smell is putrid but I can stomach it. I move through cautious, everyone who isn't decomposing is eyeing me up and its intimidating. I move into the back of the cell block its clear. I close the gate at the end just to be safe. There it is the generator. It takes half the room and isn't run on petrol. Its an oil generator from what the sticker says. We maybe in trouble with this generator we'll have to go to the mainland whenever it runs out. For now I want it to run, I radio the guys so that they know power will be online in a second they sound excited. I turn it on, it works perfectly, it fills me with happiness and now we have a safe place! As I return to the gate it seems that the magnetic lock has activated. I press a button I think is for the door and hear a large siren. Every single cell door has opened and our Guinea pigs are free. It's lucky I closed the other door behind me otherwise Frank and John would have been a zombie surf and turf. I radio the lads so that they know of my little "issue" well looks like my kill number may go up seeing as I'm seeing at least 25 zombies reaching through the gate for my flesh.

Dr. J likes this.
  15. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    It is decided, we'll offload the vehicles and continue to explore the prison island, with a view to making a stand here.
    I'm rather worried about my health, and have asked Dave and Frank to keep watch over me.
    I think they were relieved I'd brought the subject up, I think it's been on all our minds.
    We are only three just now, but you know, that's enough. We have jelled, bonded so to speak.
    Despite our differing backgrounds, we have all come together in this 'adversity' to work against a common threat.
    With my current medical state, there's not much I can contribute to the team just now, so I'm letting my mind roam a bit more, thinking of how we can improvise defences and improve our changes of survival against the hoards at night.
    A tripwire trap with a shotgun? Some sort of doorway defence using a butane bottle to power a fire trap?
    I want to help keep our little team alive, with luck, we will manage to find others as we build defences.
    Perhaps we'll also make some pertinent discoveries as we study some of the undead.
    Most importantly, together we have to "Survive the Nights!

16. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well, there's good news, and bad.
    Dave had found the generator room, and it runs. Yes it's running now!
    Alas, turning it on opened the cell doors (some sort of failsafe perhaps?)
    We now need to abandon trying to get the tower running and get back to the prison as soon as we can.
    Three people isn't really enough to defend the island, especially considering my condition.
    Frank and I need to get to Dave as soon as possible. He's been on the radio, it looks like we'll be consuming a lot of ammunition. The situation isn't very good just now.
    We continually seem to bounce from one extreme to the other. Successes (like firing up the prison generator most recently), to failures (my injuries, and the unintentional release of our 'guests' come to mind).
    Now, we have things to do, issues to deal with. Most importantly, we all need to "Survive the Nights"

17. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    Well we found the generator room and it works that's good. However like always there is a turn of events seeing that when Dave turned on the generators it opened the darn cell doors and they all opened, maybe cause of a malfunction ore something I'm not too sure on the matter all I know is Dave is trapped and we gotta get him. On top of that if we let the undead roam the island we will lose most of what we fought for when we originally came on the island. I wasn't about to let that happen,no I will fight till the end, we will find sanctuary on this island, and live in peace through this out break. First John and I had to come up with a plan it took a while but we finally cam up with something, tho there's only 2 of us kinda (John lost a arm ya know). We came up with a full prove plan that should get us Dave and the Prison Island back. Alright so it goes like this we wait till night fall and then we shoot the 5 flares that I originally found in the sky this should distract a majority, if not all of the undead away from the main prison block. Then John and I move in to get Dave, after that we will regroup and go to where the undead are and kill them, how you ask? Simple we have a car, guns, and some blades, also on top of that we have a strong will to take this island for our own, we will prevail and get whats ours. Now all there is to do is put the plan into play we waited till dawn and started the plan everything went pretty smooth except for the little undead that strayed away from the flares, this didn't matter to much as it was expected to happen. We came in to the building where Dave was and left. After this we continued with the plan John and Dave got into a car while I stayed on foot so we can sandwich the dead and give them hell. For the most part it worked but Dave's car got suck on some of the bodies, I came in and distracted the ones that were going to surround hes car with a *hey*. For some odd reason I felt like that wasn't the best idea but I had to save Dave so it was worth dying for, the undead near John's car heard me and started coming towards me I was nearly surrounded but then John and Dave started unloading clips into the undead horde that was surrounding me. I found a hole and squeezed through barely, and then we proceeded to kill the 30 undead that were left with our knives, we made a formation that was full prof for the undead. After many tireless hours we prevailed and took over the island no more undead or so we think, will keep a look out for more but for now we will take a well deserved rest, for we took what was ours and there is nothing more to that. I decided to call this Island Hoffnug Island (It means hope). I think that's pretty creative name for a Island, I'll see what the group thinks of this name but for now one thing is for sure we took the island and were tired.
    *The Next Day*
    Oh boy my head is in some pain but besides that I feel good, every one else seems to be awake already. Well what do we do now? I mean we have the island but then it hit me well we can make this into a safe place for others, others that we feel that are worthy to like here. This will be hard considering that it's hard to trust someone in today's world but will figure out a system. For now we need to get supplies and materials so we can make a strong defense for the island. That's what we did for a couple of days maybe even weeks. I think now is a better time then any to start recruiting people to paradise.

Dr. J likes this.
  18. Num47

Feb 24, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor Pete, eh.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM
    Dr. J, strategos2411 and ld-airgrafix like this.
  19. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    @Num47 - liking the graphics here :)

Num47 likes this.
  20. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    "Out of the frying pan, in to the fire".
    There's one thing Frank and I did agree on. We have to get to Dave and get ourselves safe.
    We check our ammunition supplies, the crossbow and a few quarrels, two pistols with spare ammunition, and a motley collection of bladed weapons.
    Frank is keen on a night-time rescue, using flares as a distraction, and something akin to "death race 2000" with the vehicles. I don't know how well I'll be able to drive with one arm, but will give it a go.
    I'm a little reticent about the night time part, we all know zombies are more active, more numerous and faster at night.
    I'd prefer to try for a daylight rescue, and moving back to the boat to regroup.
    We know from the radio contact that Dave is currently safe.
    However I'm still tired and weak, and it turns out Frank is quite an orator on the sly!
    I'm persuaded. After all, if we catch all the zombies (or most of them) when they are most active, we'll have less to worry about later.
    Frank has written his own account of last nights events, his recollection is perhaps better than mine. Mine is mostly one of continued panic, reaction to the situation, and what seemed like a never ending battle.
    Frank obviously over-exerted himself, and slept in.
    Dave and I awoke a bit earlier. We didn't want to talk much about the nights events.
    But our little team are agreed we think we got most of the zombies.
    First things first, breakfast. We all need to restore our energy, stamina and mental health after recent events.
    It's cold fare again.
    We'll need to restock on supplies as we check the rest of the island.
    We will make it our new home! Frank decides Black Rock prison island is a bit too depressing, and re-christens it Hoffnug Island (apparently it means hope in German).
    We need to check over the rest of the island, find out how we can get some power to a defensible location (and perhaps the transmitter to attract other survivors) as well as watering the seeds Dave planted in the sink on the RV. Fresh, hot and varied food will help all of us maintain a good overall condition.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 10:24 AM
    Александр and Num47 like this.