• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Player customization

Thread starter #1

Mikkel Olesen

Backer
how about making it possible, to get permanent tatoos ingame, when we create our characters. maybe making us able, to upload our own .pngs, and move it around the player model? it would be awesome ^^

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
Its a really cool idea but realistically I doubt this could be incorporated even by a triple A game studio let alone a small indie team. And lets be serious if it was implemented we would just have a bunch of trolls with penises all over themselves.

NovaSniper

Backer
Oh and i see this is your first post so welcome to the forums I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I've seen something similar to this done in games. Hell in some of the UFC games you could really get creative with tattoos, although I'm not sure if you could upload your own designs (just can't remember). I know I've seen some games where you could upload your own images to put on stuff like vehicles.

Sure you'll get the trolls with d**k farms branded on their asses but who cares, still a neat idea.

*EDIT*
If it gets out of hand it could possibly be handled like offensive names in other games, only instead of having your name changed to something temporary and providing a method to change it, the offensive tattoo is simply removed and you get a warning and lose the ability to upload your own designs for X amount of time. Do it too much and you lose the ability all together.

NovaSniper

Backer
I've seen something similar to this done in games. Hell in some of the UFC games you could really get creative with tattoos, although I'm not sure if you could upload your own designs (just can't remember). I know I've seen some games where you could upload your own images to put on stuff like vehicles.

Sure you'll get the trolls with d**k farms branded on their asses but who cares, still a neat idea.

*EDIT*
If it gets out of hand it could possibly be handled like offensive names in other games, only instead of having your name changed to something temporary and providing a method to change it, the offensive tattoo is simply removed and you get a warning and lose the ability to upload your own designs for X amount of time. Do it too much and you lose the ability all together.
Yeah a tattoo system like in the UFC games would be cool but its not really like what the suggestion was. The UFC games just had a bunch tattos in specific positions you could choose from it was very limited customization. And that was made by EA on a better engine and was for a game that could be more focused on customizing the player because the gameplay was nowhere near as complex as an open world survival game.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Yeah a tattoo system like in the UFC games would be cool but its not really like what the suggestion was. The UFC games just had a bunch tattos in specific positions you could choose from it was very limited customization. And that was made by EA on a better engine and was for a game that could be more focused on customizing the player because the gameplay was nowhere near as complex as an open world survival game.
Nope, the UFC game I'm thinking of that I played was not very limiting (Undisputed 3 maybe?). You could put a tattoo pretty much anywhere, resize them, move them, rotate them, etc etc. I know with this game in particular (I think anyways) that you're stuck with what the game provides. I brought it up only because it was a good example as far as placement. Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the games where you could upload your own stuff to put on. Even though it was for things like tanks, planes, etc., the concept is there.

I understand the UFC games were done by a MUCH larger company, but really who cares. Look at what these Devs are working to put together? Stuff that hasn't been done in the genre before, even though it's been asked for and discussed over and over by people that play the genre. Truly amazing. As far as the engine in UFC goes, well it's a fight engine, not an open world engine. Can't really compare the two.

Anyways back on topic, character tattoo systems are in many games and it would be neat to have something like this in STN, even if you can't upload your own (as long as there is a substantial bank of images, letters, etc. to chose from and near limitless placement).

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
lets be serious if it was implemented we would just have a bunch of trolls with penises all over themselves.
The realest thing I've read in a while.

Thread starter #8

Mikkel Olesen

Backer
well. in real life there are people who gets tats with d**ks too. maybe make a large number of pictures you can chose from? and so what if there are pen*ses in the game. i cant imagine people here would care that much. if i saw someone with that kind i of tattoo i would be more likely to shoot the person. because it more or less tells you who the guy/or girl is, a D**khead

Davz Not Here

Backer

NovaSniper

Backer

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer

Davz Not Here

Backer
You some kind of wizard? I searched for tattoo because it seemed like something that was suggested but nothing else came up...

i dunno .... i wrote "tattoo" in the search bar and then clicked the box marked "search titles only" .... which i think is the key to the search bar .....

either way @strategos2411 clarified it as a separate topic and when the mods decide, i respect ..... so no worries here on out .... my mistake folks, please continue

NovaSniper

Backer
i dunno .... i wrote "tattoo" in the search bar and then clicked the box marked "search titles only" .... which i think is the key to the search bar .....

either way @strategos2411 clarified it as a separate topic and when the mods decide, i respect ..... so no worries here on out .... my mistake folks, please continue
I still wanna how i didn't see any other posts when yours has tattoo in the title. you wizard