• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Player-Made Barricade

Thread starter #1

Wolfgang54

Join The United Survivors today! Lock and Load
Backer
Yes I am suggesting this. This is a basic wooden shield about the height of a player and about the width of a doorway. These shields are temporary and are use to provide short to medium protection from melee and some small caliber bullets.

Materials needed
20 Planks of wood
10 nails
Upgrade Materials
1 sheet of plywood for plywood upgrade
4 boards for board upgrade
2 metal sheets for metal upgrade

Tools Needed

Hacksaw
Hammer

Movement

These will be crafted as an item and placed as any other barricade as seen in the videos. The only difference is that they can only be moved from the backside to make it of any use.

Upgrades
They can be upgraded with barbed wire to hurt people trying to climb over.
They can also be retrofitted with nails facing outwards to deter climbers.
Extra boards, plywood, and metal sheets can be added (but not more than one) to the front to increase bullet protection.
Finally they can have a mixture of the three to create the best defense,

Use
Wooden Shields are crafted and placed down. They can be upgraded from the front to increase protection. They can blood corridors and shield windows temporarily. A practical use is when the player is blocking a broken down doorway in one of the videos. It can be used to block bullets, zombies, and players from going somewhere you don't want.

Durability
A normal wooden shield can be broken down in about 30 seconds by one zombie. A player with an axe can brake holes in a stock one in a couple seconds. High caliber bullets will not be stopped by a stock shield. When a shield that is not upgraded takes melee damage certain weapons do different things to the shield. Axe's make vertical holes until broken and sledge hammers outright smash it. Bullets make small holes depending on caliber and zombies outright brake it. Wooden upgrades increase time to break using melee and bullets have a harder time penetrating metal upgrades. It wakes about 45 seconds to bash down a shield with the metal upgrade. Vehicles can break any barricade at a certain speed. These barricades are meant to be temporary to make the game balanced and fun and is not meant to be permanent.

These pictures are basically what they look like without upgrades. From the front (right) they cannot be moved and from the back (left) they can. In unturned these can be broken and so can they in STN. Hopefully these give you a vague idea.

Attachments

Vorpist

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ | Owner
Backer
Sounds great! Question: Are yous suggestion that the barricade will have openings for us to shoot through or get shot through? I was just wondering, but I think this is a great idea since can use it as a temporary door blockade, if there was no door.

Thread starter #5

Wolfgang54

Backer
Sounds great! Question: Are yous suggestion that the barricade will have openings for us to shoot through or get shot through? I was just wondering, but I think this is a great idea since can use it as a temporary door blockade, if there was no door.
If you open up the attached files you can see there is no openings in the barricade. My intentions were for them to be complete blockage from harm. Although it was a great idea.

Thread starter #8

Wolfgang54

Backer
Already mentioned, sorry
Nope. If it has it was probably me. I re posted my idea to fit into the categories. Before I wrote this I specifically went out looking for similar ideas.