• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Player monitoring. - My take

Thread starter #1

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
I know there is some looks on this, (Foot care, Health, Sanity.) I am touching up on all of it and i bit more i have in mind. So i hope you guys can throw in some ontop of what i have here and really discuss this and debate what is needed first.

-Touching up on Health, And Care system's.
Thanks. So this Health system is really cool, Sickness, Hunger. You really need to survive, I hope there is going to be a weather system at some point in this game i know its in development still I am touching up on things that can be in the future. But heat systems weather the changes in areas. You have to be prepared for the cold or you will get a cold. The heat will bring sweat and you will loose salt and electrolytes.

-Misc Care
Foot care and other misc things like this subject do fit in here in a way. Its your health. But yes you can have items that need to be mended. You shoes are falling apart? Of course your feet are going to blister and get sore.
your items are getting damaged? Well mend your backpack with some cloth, A piece of leather. Something.
I hope there is learned perks you have a full backpack so long you learn to cram stuff in there after some time. You find the way to carry that extra item. You find that last spot, After some time of learning it. Being around the block.

-Sanity
The sanity again it goes with the health kinda.
Yea so you shoot someone for your first time, You see the blood. Yea you are spooked. Your heart rate is going to climb, Your ok your just thrilled your body is not working properly, You have lighting going down your spine and through your arms and legs. The next time, Oh that's a shame. There could have been a way i did not need to

-Survivor Perks.
Do that tho. I know there is. Next time... Well this is what life has come to. You learn it will not effect you so much over time, You have survived. You have lived this life, You are understanding. Yes you care, But you know what has to be done. Eating a rat is a delight when you can catch the right one. Living food, Meat. Its live or die you have to find the good things left.

It would be amazing a survivor perk that trees out as you live your life in the game. Your actions add up and select a path and add up to that perk. Every other action adds to just that one. You are learning the ways of the the lands.
The lone survivor ? Or the rescue squad? It all depends on you, Your play style creates you.

-FOOD SYSTEM
There obviously needs to be some kind of carbs system. I think i had seen the devs with one early on
But I'm just wishing and hoping we get Power/ Gator aid. Beef jerky. Beans, Corn. I hope you can craft some kind of meal.s Chicken and gravy. Or just fried chicken. mashed patatos. All things i would love to see in this game. They all would be great to have, I don't know what they have in mind on this subject tho.

-CLOTHING
I touched up on the clothing ideas i have in the clothing thread if you guys want to check that out.
-
The next step to styling your survivor.
http://www.community.survivethenigh...tep-to-styling-your-survivor.2785/#post-25566

Hope everything goes good, Hope the game is coming along nicely. Cant wait to survive guys! STN

Thread starter #2

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
Just hoping for a clean over all product in the future i know not now but later on. Where i can run around with no fear of random damage, Smooth animations. I can crouch, Sneak, Stand, Run. Barge through doors. Just clean, You know. Any gamer knows what i mean.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Some interesting thoughts, something I would like to see tied to the health system is various things that effect the lungs. Like you talked about a cold would be pretty risky, it would effect a lot of your physical abilities such as running or moving objects around. Every task that you could normally complete would be much harder especially if your charecter wasn't very healthy to begin with. Also if your still very active once sick and havn't taken any medication your symptoms would progressivly get worse with your lungs getting infected. Your living conditions would also effect the condition of your lungs, if you lived in a cave or mine as some have suggested your lungs would be adverslly affected. There is mold that can effect the lungs, and while not really physically harming too much rust inhaled into the lungs can give a person a bad cough which isn't good when hiding.

Along with the health and calorie system I really want to see a muscle mass system, I don't want it to go overboard in both directions with huge body builder players and emmaciated stick players, but as a survival game a persons muscle mass would be a good sign of how healthy they are from a glance. If a person isn't able to obtain food and the calories the body needs to keep going the body will begin triaging the body after the fat stores are used up. If a person has no fat to burn the body will turn to muscle for the next system to drain from. This process is called Catabolysis, this also leads to multiple organ failure that can be permanent. Keeping your charecter healthy is key to survival not just making the best traps or finding the strongest weapons. With a healthier charecter you would be able to run longer, carry and move more weight as well as giving you a better mental attitude.