• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Player/Zombie amputation?

Thread starter #1

Jesse Conroy

Backer
Limb damage would be an added elememt and would add entertainment. disarming a zombie's offense tools like arms and legs and watch them squirm, also if a zombie was caught by a trap he could eat threw the limb causing massive amounts of entertainment.

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
Could this be done easily? I don't think I've seen it done in a game for awhile, but if you damage a rotting limb, wouldn't it have a tendency to fall off or become very mangled? Just sayin. We can make little crawler buddies too.

bobowe

A++
Backer
So what about amputation of limbs, like cut of a arm or lose a leg, maybe would be more of a super role-play hardcore mode, but would be fun if it was in the game.

Torture other players, tie them to a tree and cut off hands, arms and legs.

It would require a lot of medical supplies to keep them alive. But would be cool feature for all crazy people.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Imagine the severe hit you would take on your mental health... you'd probably end up killing yourself before the poor victim dies...

bobowe

A++
Backer
Imagine the severe hit you would take on your mental health... you'd probably end up killing yourself before the poor victim dies...
Maybe a "mental unstable" perk is added witch would make it possible. But you would probably need to do a lot of insane stuff to reach it.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
I dunno... tying someone to a tree and cutting off his/her limbs is bat s**t crazy enough for me... It's like on a Charles Manson level of crazy... maybe too crazy to even have a mental health?

Last edited by a moderator:

nlduncan

MLGprosurvivor
Backer
Maybe a "mental unstable" perk is added witch would make it possible. But you would probably need to do a lot of insane stuff to reach it.
most likely wont be perks like that, devs don't want it to be a RPG

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I find it a little disturbing that people want to add torture to this game ( I think its messed up to torture somebody even in a virtual game). This game is suppose to decrease KOSing and not becoming a death match with zombies in between us. I do understand that their needs to be PvP in these game to make it interesting, but this would just support people to do worse things then KOSing. I would have to disagree with this feature.

bobowe

A++
Backer
The thing I was mostly thinking about is the amputation part, that maybe you get caught in a trap and lose your arm, if someone's there with the right equipment they can help you not to bleed out.
Your ability to do tasks will be limited and It would be more of a hardcore thing.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
The thing I was mostly thinking about is the amputation part, that maybe you get caught in a trap and lose your arm, if someone's there with the right equipment they can help you not to bleed out.
Your ability to do tasks will be limited and It would be more of a hardcore thing.
Okay its sounding a little better, although I would want the it to be a server option. That way you can choose if you do want to have this feature or not. I feel like people would abuse this system a little and use it to do evil things. Ex: Cut Peoples arms off bandage them and tell them good luck as the sunsets and zombies come out, and you just watch as the poor soul tries to do the almost impossible.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I've been thinking about this for a while and was going to start a thread before but never got round to it.

Thoughts-

• Zombie bite to limb = self/friend amputation of limb causing decreased movement/crafting ability/weapon control/reloading speed etc.(all could be levelled up over time again to normal level as you get used to missing a limb).
  • Possibility to craft crutches, peg leg, hook/claw hand etc
Crutch Crafted - Sticks and rope

Peg Leg Crafted - Leather from hides, sticks and rope

Claw/Hook Hand Crafted - Scrap metal, rope and leather

The possibilities are endless for this game, but we've got to be careful not to try and over-reach too early. I've seen lots of great suggestions that I would love to see in the game that I know won't make the final copy. Thankfully any suggestions that are possible can be patched in at a later date :)

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I've been thinking about this for a while and was going to start a thread before but never got round to it.

Thoughts-

• Zombie bite to limb = self/friend amputation of limb causing decreased movement/crafting ability/weapon control/reloading speed etc.(all could be levelled up over time again to normal level as you get used to missing a limb).
  • Possibility to craft crutches, peg leg, hook/claw hand etc
Crutch Crafted - Sticks and rope

Peg Leg Crafted - Leather from hides, sticks and rope

Claw/Hook Hand Crafted - Scrap metal, rope and leather

The possibilities are endless for this game, but we've got to be careful not to try and over-reach too early. I've seen lots of great suggestions that I would love to see in the game that I know won't make the final copy. Thankfully any suggestions that are possible can be patched in at a later date :)
Agreed if they do have amputations then they need to add like he stated limbs to use instead also need a tourniquet that you can carry or make them

bobowe

A++
Backer
Like your thoughts @strategos2411
And tourniquet would be in any hospital or ambulance, or could be crafted.
I think that almost any equipment like that should also have an alternative to be crafted.
the crafted tourniquet wouldn't be as good as the one you find in a hospital or ambulance, but would at least be an alternative.
But would sure take a bite of your mental health, having a amputation in a post apocalyptic world.
Especially if you have to do it yourself.

VK4502B

Nonon is love! Nonon is life!
Backer
Amputee would be very cool.
One arm missing would be cool, everything takes double the time it normely does, and you are more inaccurate with guns, but you survive the bite of a zombie. a2z, please do this! :D
But not the torture stuff you talk about, go play a horror game for that.

TheClassiness

Seems a bit strange to find amusement from seeing past humans doing this. Maybe if your mental state was low enough, you'd find amusement from killing zombies. Especially if you were bit. Knowing you're gonna die, and killing as many of the things that killed you is a good feeling of revenge.