1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYER'S UNKNOWN : BATTLE GROUNDS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RickGrimes, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Darkness

Darkness Member Backer

Jan 5, 2017
    You realize the developer of PUBG "PlayerUnknown" was the person who licensed the idea and assisted h1z1 in the creation of battle royale.
    PlayerUnknown also brought battle royal to Arma 3 and is a great modder/developer. He is the original creator of that gamemode so he probably has the best insight of how he wants the game. Currently has done an amazing job with PUBG and will continue to do a great job anything better than that arcade shooter which is very dull and not much exciting.

P.S Coming from someone that has H1z1 since release and have only played 60 hours total. Yet I have 112 Hours on PUBG since its release on may 23, 17.

sources ; https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2q7xie/hey_folks_this_is_playerunknown_i_created_the/

2. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    :eek: Never would I do that...

More likely to garrotte you instead :p

Dr. J likes this.
  3. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh drat, and I thought we were going to be friends when the game launches! Now I have another reason not to sleep, not only the zombies coming after me, but @Num47 with a skilfully crafted garrotte crafted from some scavenged wire!

Num47 likes this.
  4. Phil_Arrow

Phil_Arrow Member Backer

Sep 29, 2015

yeah i think everyone know this by now still a h1z1 rippoff anyway you loook at it.

Dr. J likes this.
  5. avdieking

avdieking Member Backer

Oct 4, 2014
    H1z1 is the biggest shit ever the gungame is so terrible

6. Phil_Arrow

Phil_Arrow Member Backer

Sep 29, 2015
    tell that to the millions that own it also at least you get more than 20-30 fps lol

7. Montauk

Montauk Test Subject Lead Mod Backer

Jun 5, 2015
    I own it, but owning it and PLAYING it are two completely different animals. It's crap. :p

Handicap Jack likes this.
  8. RickGrimes

RickGrimes .44 Magnum Backer

Feb 5, 2017
    That's because the game itself is older and made on the older tech, this game is being made on the new tech.

Dr. J likes this.
  9. monokoi

monokoi Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 10, 2016
    - Installed the game
    - Dropped from plane
    - Found body armour, helmet, ballistic mask, shot gun & 1911
    - continuously working towards AO
    - among the last 25 survivors
    - hear car pulling up
    - driver gets out, shoots at someone else making my game instantly lag massively / lock up
    - driver stops firing, lag instantly gone
    - got the drop on this dude. 20ft away and behind him
    - shoot him twice with the 12 gauge - nothing
    - players spins round and kills me
    - closed game and uninstalled

I'm glad I played this of my friends library, either the game is utter crap or it's got some issues with hackers.
    From the maker of H1Z1 KOTH? Yeah, makes sense to me.

10. Montauk

Jun 5, 2015
    I was referring to H1Z1, clearly. ;)

RickGrimes likes this.
  11. RickGrimes

Feb 5, 2017
    I was not replying to you? ;):p

12. RickGrimes

Feb 5, 2017
    The thing people don't realize, frankly I could care less anyway what people think, is that the game is NEW...
    It's going to take some patches and optimizations to get even close to the smooth-ness of H1Z1 and even then....
    FUCK h1Z1 I have had SO MUCH LAG and HACKERS in that game. If anyone says that it is good... I have to disagree because there are many things wrong with that game and it's been developed for YEARS now.
    Honestly I would go as far to say that it is another DayZ ripoff.

Dr. J likes this.
  13. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Alas, these days, there will always be people who hack games.
    I'm going to hold my hand up here ... I've been hacking games for over 30 years.
    But only because I want to know how they work, or to develop new maps (etc.)
    Anyone who hacks games to try and get an advantage should be transported to Dante's seventh layer of hell

RickGrimes likes this.
  14. monokoi

Dec 10, 2016
    I've reread your post several times and still can't get what you've said. As you've quoted me in your post, I'm assuming it's directed to me. Who said H1Z1 is a good game? It's one of the worst titles I've ever played. My experience with PU:BG as described above was awful, might be due to hacking or a still very buggy status. Either way, my experience was, it's unplayable. My friends are enjoying it, so I lean towards the hacker issue. I don't understand what got you so worked up....

15. RickGrimes

Feb 5, 2017
    I guess I should have added that if you think you are supporting this game, STN, and think it will be a very polished and fulfilling game right of the bat then you better think twice. Video games are not easy to come fully finished without a few problems or bugs heree and there. It is a long process that takes time and effort and teamwork. If a company only has so many people working on it then it will become developed faster than the average 1-10 man team. H1Z1 had MANY people working on it, and it still isn't fully finished and needs work after YEARS. I'm not trying to argue just stating facts that PU:BG actually isn't that bad for a game being developed by a team that isn't as huge as some that can finish a game in a 3 year time span. The game needs work, I get that. But that doesn't make it horrible.

Dr. J likes this.
  16. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well done everyone, we've derailed this post as well :)
    Sorry, I'm more guilty than anyone of that.
    Can we look at what @RickGrimes said?
    He's 'on the money' here.
    We're going to have to get behind the Dev team [no, not with a gun] and help them not just bring us "the game they want to play", but the game we all want to play.
    It's going to be a tough journey.
    I think we can all make it together.

17. Montauk

Jun 5, 2015
    Doh, the side effects of overworked (RL work) and sleep deprived moderating! :p

RickGrimes and Dr. J like this.
  18. monokoi

Dec 10, 2016
    Thank you for your reply. I know I already said this, but I've been working as a dev for over 20 years, so I'm aware of the ups and downs involved. What I wrote, was my personal experience with PU:BG - and it sucked. Would you agree, that the subject of EA games is being treated somewhat oversensitive? It should be ok for some to state they enjoyed a game in its current state, and for others to say they did not.

RickGrimes likes this.
  19. monokoi

Dec 10, 2016
    Why has this thread been derailed? It's about PU:BG, no? Why do you keep posting the same statements, to the same people over and over?

RickGrimes and Dr. J like this.
  20. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    That's why I think it's been derailed.
    We should be talking about PU, BG here.
    Want to talk about anything else?
    Let's get it on! Create an off topic thread abo8ut whatever you want :)

RickGrimes likes this.