• Hello Guest,

Bug reports can be made using our in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Pneumatic trap

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Through means of a jackhammer the player is able to create gas powered projectile traps. Once the trap is crafted it should be mountable anywhere inside a base including possible configurations to enhance it.

The compressor in the Jackhammer is altered to provide greater pressure, a few modifications are made to the jack hammer securing shaft where the rod sits so that a tiny catch releases the steel rod which is under tremendous pressure creating a devastating projectile to anything in its path.

What i had in mind, mount the Jackhammer trap so that its pointing internally at your base front door even windows triggered by a weak laser beam like the sort you find in convenience stores to alert the owner of a new customer. Zombie attempts to enter base, breaks the signal gets a new jack hammered hole. The trap would very likely consume power which is one thing to keep in mind it wouldn't be the most economical trap. Its basically a heavy sniper trap that should have enough force to travel through a number of zeds. Wow betide any player that wanders into its path. To prevent abuse the trap could be anchored to bases owned by the player who crafted. One possible benefit of the trap is rod ammo can be reused, since most jack hammers are designed to break concrete the rod blade should be extremely tough it wouldn't degrade fast. I guess that balances out the economics of it to make it a bit better when considering the power use.

Possible recipe

1x Jack hammer
1x Small piece of metal
1x Clip mechanism
1x Electronic scraps
2x Basic electrical wire

To arm

1x Weak IR diode
1x Electronic scraps
1x Basic electrical wire
1x Small container

Possible enhancements include
Turret tripods providing greater accuracy and stability
Ceiling mounted manually positioned turrets
CCTV camera upgrades providing manual remote turret aiming
Rod blade sharpening, retooling to provide cutting action. Slices zombies in half
Compressor upgrades, increase rod ejection force.
Dual Jackhammers, trap now fires two rods at the same time.
Power efficiency, compressors are replaced with modified high efficiency compressors
Exploding Jack Hammer rod, the trap ammo has an explosive attached to the rod's blade.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like, I like it a lot, but maybe we could scale it down with one of those cattle pistol things they use when slaughtering... that's unless you want it to have larger projectiles?

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I like, I like it a lot, but maybe we could scale it down with one of those cattle pistol things they use when slaughtering... that's unless you want it to have larger projectiles?
Interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol
Im sure such a device could be ramped up with modifications to make it quite a devastating weapon although it does appear to be a contact weapon. Its odd in that it has to make contact with a surface to damage. Giving me some ideas.

"The goal of captive bolt stunning is to inflict a forceful strike on the forehead with the bolt in order to induce unconsciousness. The bolt may or may not destroy part of the brain." was the gun made with fighting zombies in mind lol. Sometimes the best ideas come from others suggestions.

If the Captive Bolt Gun was made so it could fire a projectile out of the gun i think that might work in a large device. So perhaps jackhammer bolt trap? Bolts can be equally devastating.

Last edited: