1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POC/WOC character choices

Discussion in 'Character' started by Stay Alive, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Stay Alive

Stay Alive Idea extraordinaire Backer

Jul 9, 2017
    Quick note before the start of the thread- POC means person of color, and WOC means woman of color.

Basically, when the game is released I'd like to have the option to play as a black person. A black girl especially, because that's what I am. I'm not expecting that to happen in the alpha, of course, because it is the alpha. But when the full game is released, that would be a nice thing to see. Especially with different hairstyles. In most games black women have straightened hair for their hairstyle, and black guys have an Afro. I'd like to see different hairstyles. For instance I have an Afro, and I'm a girl. But my cousins who are boys have cornrows. It differs. So yeah, just something I'd like to see in this game. It's a lot more fun when you can play someone that looks like you y'know?

2. Demonic Warboss

Demonic Warboss Member Backer

Jun 5, 2017
  3. Hauger

Hauger Moderator Community Mod Backer

Apr 17, 2016
    This will be in for sure. The first release is only white male, women and other colours will be added along the way as time and resources free up.

Dr. J and Darkstar 影 like this.
  4. Stay Alive

Jul 9, 2017
    That's good to hear. And yep, that's what I expected for first release. No biggie, it's more about the gameplay and helping out the devs so early. I'm glad it'll be added eventually.

5. lovebus

lovebus Active Member Backer

Jul 9, 2017
    there should be a surplus of character models and assets seeing as how the primary threat are zombies. The fact that most zombie survival games have such weak-sauce character creation really blows my mind.

Stay Alive likes this.
  6. Stay Alive

Jul 9, 2017
    Agreed! It always annoys me when I can have literally two different characters that don't even look like me, but the options are limited. Like I said, games are more fun when who you're playing looks like you.

Darkstar 影 likes this.
  7. Lethargica

Lethargica Member Backer

Jun 18, 2017
    There will be player creation features I'm certain. If that is the case, then you certainly can choose skin tone, nose shape, etc.

Stay Alive likes this.
  8. Darkstar 影

Darkstar 影 Lone Survivor Backer

Jun 4, 2017
    It doesn't need to be skyrim-level character creation, but It would certainly be nice for each survivor to look different, as opposed to like 4 or 5 preset characters. *Cough* DayZ *Cough*

Stay Alive likes this.
  9. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    When the game launched on Kickstarter, there was a pledge level that would allow you to be 'zombified' in the game... so adaptive character models will be in there somewhere. In the stress tests, all players were identical. At the Alpha release, I'm not expecting much more than that. I hope we'll all be hunting for bugs and testing the game and servers to their limits.
    As the game continues to develop, I would also like to see some character customisation.

Stay Alive and Darkstar 影 like this.
  10. Darkstar 影

Jun 4, 2017
    I hope changeable clothes will be in the stress tests, won't be able to start my roleplay if everyone is an exact twin xD

Dr. J and Stay Alive like this.
  11. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Ofc this gets a +1, makes complete sense... just that if limitations could be made as in, I'd not like the vibe to get ruined by people with massive hands and feet, or a tiny head on a huge body.

Stay Alive likes this.
  12. Darkstar 影

Jun 4, 2017
    Yeah like Ark. I mean as long as it gets tested through first, I don't think it'll be an issue, they change the cap for sliders(if thats what they go for) pretty easily, I'd imagine.

Num47 likes this.
  13. Stay Alive

Jul 9, 2017
    Totally. Different races and hairstyles should be enough lmao. Aliens wouldn't too realistic.

Dr. J and Darkstar 影 like this.
  14. Darkstar 影

Jun 4, 2017
    Or would they?
    (Kidding)

Num47 and Stay Alive like this.
  15. Stay Alive

Jul 9, 2017
    Good question o_O

Darkstar 影 likes this.