• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poisoning Food - Lovely little player trap

Should you be able to poison food as a trap for other players?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

JippyUK

Backer
As title suggests, the ability to poison food which you have in your inventory or maybe whilst cooking. You are then able to take it with you whilst out and about and drop it on the floor where other players are, hide in a corner and watch them pick it up and hopefully eat it :) Cruel but fun.
In any case finding cooked or non canned foods on the floor should always have a risk of causing sickness, this just guarantees the sickness :p

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Put some rat poison up in that canned beans? I like it and also the thought of bad food or under cooked food making you sick.

Moderator #3

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
It's a nice idea, poison people who break into your self proclaimed property ;)

@Kirk Bad / undercooked food has already been suggested ;)

I can see it now, Kill a Deer. Take the meat I require and then smother rat poison all over the carcass... Perfect! ;)

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
This is a good idea. Could add some unique situations where you want to remove a player from your group.. Easier than a coordinated operation of head shots....... So, BRAVO on this suggestion....

On a side note, i think we should all be wary of Goose's Game Hunters.. Could be a sadistic bunch..

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
This is a great idea but you should be able to examine the canned beans ( an exmple) and notice a small whole in the top to prevent you from eating it (must right click on the can an check the topof it ( no generic warnings though to tell you it was tampered with ). With every idea there should always be a counter measure. This will make us play smarter and add to the intensity of the game.

(player notices a smouldering fire. Survivor couldnt be more than a days walk away. You check the pot and there is cooked chicken. You take it as a sign from the gods as you haven eatin in days. You devour it without second thought. The next day the stomach pains come. Than vomitting. Than you die.) I LOVE IT!!!!

Raziel

if it is added then there should be a way to counter the poison or clean the food, otherwise it would be wasting food as some jerk could easily go to a place known for food to regularly spawn and poison it all, like an antidote item or purification or something, as poisoning food is also wasting that food.

it would suck that the only food you have while starving you can't eat because you poisoned it to be a dick to someone who either, joined another server or just stopped playing, you lost your chance at vengeance and you're about to die of hunger.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Raziel so the idea that YOU choose to poison someone and they don't play anymore so you have to toss the food is somehow a disadvantage? Not sure if you can UN-poison food lol. If there was an antidote for poison why even have the poison option in the game? I say if you are sinister enough to poison someone than yea you should have to throw it out if they don't play any more lol. OR just use it on some little doe eyed bambie :)

Raziel

I'm just saying the game is about survival, yeah you could poison someone but at the same time there is the chance they don't have any food as I'm not gonna eat a can of beans as soon as I find it unless I'm really hurting for food, I'm gonna save it for later, as I'm sure everyone else would do.

I'm just saying with no way to countering the poisoning you are literally lowering your chances of survival by taking something from your supplies, making it no longer useful to your immediate survival, and dropping it, And then you Wait to see if someone comes along picks it up and is in such dire need of food eats it then, or follow them back to their base an see if they eat it when they get there, hoping they're not a part of a group or notice you before you reach your destination.

just saying if they do add the option to poison food there should be a way to counteract the poison.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Raziel These are good points but (stated) above there needs to be a way of seeing if it was tampered with before you eat food (you picked up from the ground) such as view item rotate it around to find a whole where someone could have used to insert poison in the can of food.

But if YOU decide to poison your own food for someone else there should be NO counter for that in IMO. But that's just me :)

Also Welcome to the forums brother!

Davz Not Here

Backer
if you poison someone ..... is that the same as KoS .... as far as the players sate of mind is concerned ?

Moderator #12

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
if you poison someone ..... is that the same as KoS .... as far as the players sate of mind is concerned ?
I'd say no it's not the same as you cannot see them and Boom poisioned unless you were playing like WoW or ESO :p I'd say it can be used in traps so if people get near your base.. then it's their own fault for being naughty :p

Moderator #13

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I said no in the poll, but more the I think of it. It makes sense. I would like to do it for someone who robbed me, and such. More of a vengeance thing, BUT only if it affected your mental state.

Norton

that guy who does things with sfm
Backer
I do like the idea.
It makes sense as the previous guy/girl said.

But I think it should only affect the players mental state if he/she witnesses the death of the player after the consumption of the food.
And if that player is not there to witness it, it should have a small mental affect.

Moderator #15

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I do like the idea.
It makes sense as the previous guy/girl said.

But I think it should only affect the players mental state if he/she witnesses the death of the player after the consumption of the food.
And if that player is not there to witness it, it should have a small mental affect.
I am a guy, but thank you.

Moderator #17

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I was referring to other random players (If) this is implemented :)
I wasn't sure if you meant directly above you, but that makes more sense. In case you wanted to know I am a guy. :)

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
I think its a good option but if added I would like the ability to poison weapons like arrows. Mabe even traps and melee weapons that way I can defend against a much larger group if the need raises.

Moderator #19

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I think its a good option but if added I would like the ability to poison weapons like arrows. Maye even traps and melee weapons that way I can defend against a much larger group if the need raises.
I think poisoning tips of bows would work, but very minor damage is done. I would be pissed if I was shot by a bow, and then two hours later dropped dead. I mean I know that's the point, but instead some health loss, or decreased health regeneration rate (if that's a thing).

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
I think poisoning tips of bows would work, but very minor damage is done. I would be pissed if I was shot by a bow, and then two hours later dropped dead. I mean I know that's the point, but instead some health loss, or decreased health regeneration rate (if that's a thing).
that's exactly what I was thinking and maybe add a temporary mental degradation effect to the victim

Last edited: