• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
Bambi killing just isn't cool, and there aren't many times you really should, its super easy to keep a bambi at a distance so he doesnt try and 1-2 punch ya out
I usually try to help Bambi’s. That puts you in a bad situation some want to try and punch u out. So they gota die there not good people at that point

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
that is what its made for, to baby sit people and hold and protect them, precious little snowflakes that cannot deal with people that want to play another way, its ok for you people to play the way you want, but the rest us get punished for how we play..

just another handicap game for snowflakes and to behonest i will play the game like it does not matter because of this, every one will be shot dead on sight and the people that are behind me that are not in my party will loot the gear you have and they will fund me gear to keep doing this and it will happen again and again and again and again every day all day as punishment for having such anti gamer mechanic in the game to protect precious little wimps that do not have the balls to protect themselves, in life you would not know if someone is out to get you, but in game we have to protect these little snowflakes

@DEVS where is the counter balance to this punishment? where is the punishment for snowflakes? where is there anti gamer mechanic?
congrats sweetness you pre-ordered a 25$ dollar game to harass people random because "I like battle royal games and all games should be that way" boohoo some people like to enjoy our games and experience the world in the game if your looking for for a shoot em up go grab a COD game or DayZ nothing wrong with a little pvp but an excess of it is a game killer especially for new titles

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
congrats sweetness you pre-ordered a 25$ dollar game to harass people random because "I like battle royal games and all games should be that way" boohoo some people like to enjoy our games and experience the world in the game if your looking for for a shoot em up go grab a COD game or DayZ nothing wrong with a little pvp but an excess of it is a game killer especially for new titles
i am going to do more pve than pvp on STN however i will pvp some. there is not a wrong way to play just like you feel pve is the only way some feel like pvp is the only way. theres mechanics that will slow pvp down but in my opinion with out the chance of some one killing you then everyone would gather in a big circle and sing
Kumbaya

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
^^I like how some other people have summed it up. YES people are going to die from players because pvp is just a part of the game. Arguably, it's a BIG part of the game. What's important is not going out of your way to be a dickhead. Unfortunately, this will do nothing to stop KoS and one must always be vigilant. I will definitely try to make more friends than enemies, but if somebody acts sketchy by not talking/chatting to me at all or is waving a gun around, I absolutely will shoot first.

I can promise I will try to kill you if you piss me off, act very unusual, or if I need supplies badly. Like I said, it's part of the game. But I'm not going to take 500m potshots at people or gun down fresh spawns because I think it will be fun.

On a separate note, does anyone have a good explanation as to what happens when you die?? I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but never see it come up. Obviously, anything on my body can be looted I assume. But what about my base and all the stuff I saved up? Do I respawn on the same server, but with nothing? Or is it permadeath? Based on the name of the game I would think this is the answer, but can someone clarify please?

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
^^I like how some other people have summed it up. YES people are going to die from players because pvp is just a part of the game. Arguably, it's a BIG part of the game. What's important is not going out of your way to be a dickhead. Unfortunately, this will do nothing to stop KoS and one must always be vigilant. I will definitely try to make more friends than enemies, but if somebody acts sketchy by not talking/chatting to me at all or is waving a gun around, I absolutely will shoot first.

I can promise I will try to kill you if you piss me off, act very unusual, or if I need supplies badly. Like I said, it's part of the game. But I'm not going to take 500m potshots at people or gun down fresh spawns because I think it will be fun.

On a separate note, does anyone have a good explanation as to what happens when you die?? I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but never see it come up. Obviously, anything on my body can be looted I assume. But what about my base and all the stuff I saved up? Do I respawn on the same server, but with nothing? Or is it permadeath? Based on the name of the game I would think this is the answer, but can someone clarify please?
good question i will take a stab at answering this. as for your stuff at base it should be fine unless they killed you at your base then they will take what they want to. however they know you are trying to get back to your base. it is perma death. however i think its up to the server owner for what you spawn with. hope this helped and if i am wrong in anyway i thinka mod/dev will correct it.

WiseManNero

Backer
i am going to do more pve than pvp on STN however i will pvp some. there is not a wrong way to play just like you feel pve is the only way some feel like pvp is the only way. theres mechanics that will slow pvp down but in my opinion with out the chance of some one killing you then everyone would gather in a big circle and sing
Kumbaya
i will very much do the same i'm just annoyed that some people seem to think pvp is all there is and get their panties in a wad over the mental system if it is opportune or benefits me personally in the long run then yeah i MAY just kill ya if it doesn't help me then meh no real point

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
i will very much do the same i'm just annoyed that some people seem to think pvp is all there is and get their panties in a wad over the mental system if it is opportune or benefits me personally in the long run then yeah i MAY just kill ya if it doesn't help me then meh no real point
well if you dont like the mental health system this isnt the game for them.

WiseManNero

Backer
well if you dont like the mental health system this isnt the game for them.
i absolutely agree sorry for the initial confusion games with multiplayer survival worlds should let you ice someone just not anyone and everyone at least not without consequence

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
i absolutely agree sorry for the initial confusion games with multiplayer survival worlds should let you ice someone just not anyone and everyone at least not without consequence
yes you are so correct. ill be renting a server and probably do pvp events on certain days in certain areas

DannyGT

Backer
West Kingsdown, Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
I mean, if you're a scary looking SOB and you're coming at me bullets may start flying. Depends on the circumstances really, if you talk first I'm never gonna shoot, but If I've got the drop on you and it seems shady, kinda depends how my days been ;')

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
yea bad day at work means bad day for someone
Someone needs a job at a strip joint, can't leave there in a bad mood... plus with you swinging around on that pole all day would leave you too exhausted to fight.

James Lindsay

Backer
I'm a solo player so I tend to stick to the shadows. Move like a ninja. I don't kos, when I do make contact I'm friendly and will help out if I can then I'm on my way again. The challenge for me is to never be seen, unless I choose too.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I'm a solo player so I tend to stick to the shadows. Move like a ninja. I don't kos, when I do make contact I'm friendly and will help out if I can then I'm on my way again. The challenge for me is to never be seen, unless I choose too.
Well I wish you luck with that but the khans have infrared ninja goggles so it was nice knowing ya

Last edited:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Well I wish you luck with that but the khans have infrared ninja googles so it was nice knowing ya
Depends on how good he is at sniping. The Khans over-estimate their skill. Be weary of people who are more humble. Smart players will see the value in trade with the largest groups no matter how cutthroat they are.