• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheJackal

Backer
My name is Rick Grimes
I don't mess with those small rhymes
I'm big time
I'll rock ya face
and put a .44 in ya ace
Coming for me?
I'm gonna make you a disgrace
How old are you man, about 6? your no hard-arse pvper, you just seem like an annoying little turd that talks hard, and falls even harder! I personally don't Kill folks in survival games, if I need that fix, I play a GTAV or one of the FPS set ups. The point of a survival game, in my opinion, is to try and interact with folks.

Sure you get shot and killed a few times while on the quest to interact, but some of th ebest experiances, and long lasting gaming friends, have been folks I have met in Survival games. That feeling you and your new buddy, get, taking out a bunch of zeds, getting the loot, and both getting out of there when things get rough.

You cant beat it, but that is only my take on survival games. Sure, if a person shoots at me, or tries to chase me down with an axe, then its time to go to town, but I would much rather have the interaction.

The slow burn of the not knowing how this will turn out in the end, running up and down your spine the whole time, Rather then the quick adrenaline fix you get from a K.O.S!

But hey, each to their own

Last edited:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Guns for show knives for pros. Always have a backup when doing deals.

Me thinks snipers will be a valuable team member.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
i am going to do more pve than pvp on STN however i will pvp some. there is not a wrong way to play just like you feel pve is the only way some feel like pvp is the only way. theres mechanics that will slow pvp down but in my opinion with out the chance of some one killing you then everyone would gather in a big circle and sing
Kumbaya
Not much of a zombie game without PvP.

Alyce n'Chaynes

Backer
I always try a live and let live approach to most people unless i know for a fact how they are. Then i'll just shoot first, every time.. once the bridge is burned it's burned and we'll continue to do so. No going back. KOS is a selective thing, they did it before they're forever on that list.

Kuduh

Backer
I'm not a fan of PVP, mostly plan to play as a lone wolf who minds their own business so definitely won't shoot at anyone randomly, but will be prepared to defend myself if need be.

defrost

Backer
as long as people leave me alone i wont be looking for kos encounters.
its kos that will kill of the not so good players from playing

Geordie Marv

Backer
Hopefully the zombies will be a real threat (unlike DayZ) so people will band together a lot more. I'm sure this is what they devs are hoping for. I rarely KOS, but I'd be a liar if I said I have never done it. As much as KOS annoys a lot of people, it is integral to a game like this. The danger, paranoia and never quite knowing what each encounter with someone will bring is what makes these games exciting and memorable.

Dunefan

Backer
Never been a fan of KoS but i understand games like these do need the sense of not knowing that brings, i will be friendly until grieved and if it gets too bad i will go to a PVE server..!

defrost

Backer
Hopefully the zombies will be a real threat (unlike DayZ) so people will band together a lot more. I'm sure this is what they devs are hoping for. I rarely KOS, but I'd be a liar if I said I have never done it. As much as KOS annoys a lot of people, it is integral to a game like this. The danger, paranoia and never quite knowing what each encounter with someone will bring is what makes these games exciting and memorable.
that would be awesome teaming up for the greater good

Freshwood

Slightly Unhinged Individual
Backer
Generally I am -or at least I have delusions of being- a pretty affable guy. I'd be willing to chat it up with ya regardless of a lot of things; you just out and about scrounging for stuff? "Hell yeah, let's talk!"* I just watch you pink mist some guy? "Meh, why not?"* You shoving a gun in my face trying to rob me? "Why don't we walk back to my place and we can discuss this over a cup of coffee like civilized individuals?"*

All that being said, if it's clearly a 'you-or-me' scenario, or one where my own survival chances would greatly be increased by your death, I'll have no qualms unloading a couple rounds into you -or bludgeoning you to death; whatever gets the job done, really. It also very much matters where my current "Fuck it."** meter is at. If it's quite high I'll tend to follow a rule of avoidance, cautious approaches, and general hesitance; as the meter begins to tank the more brazen, outgoing and just in general "What in the Hell is that guy doing?" I become. Once the "Fuck it."** meter nears zero -or dips into the negatives- I will begin to have a general rise in hostility.

*Individual results will vary greatly, do not assume the aforementioned quotes will mirror your own experiences.
**The "Fuck it." is a non-standardized unit, and the number of variables that adjust where one's "Fuck it."s are on the meter is near limitless.

What's your stance on KoS?
Ill be approaching this game as realistically as possible, almost like Excile/ARMA3, friendly unless provoked, the whole mental state and well being will be a tester for those slightly more trigger happy, and I wish them people the worst, I hope the guilt eats them alive much like the zombies XD

Mr YEET

Backer
i feel like it should be played the way DayZ is meant to be played. people shouldn't just shoot on sign unless they have a reason to shoot. It will make the game better if you talk, meet friends and start a base together.

Razz_Darkstar

Certified Zombie Killer
Backer
I think that proximity based typed chat would cut down a LOT on KoS players, because I think it's the not knowing the others intentions that leads to killing, and not everyone has a mic.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Ugh this is a hard choice, I don't want to KOS, but my natural distrust for others coupled with the tough-guy talk from some of these blowhards makes it difficult. I'm going to try to stay away from people in general for the most part, and certainly won't shoot a fresh spawn from 500m for the hell of it.

However it is important to remember that pvp is going to be a HUGE part of the game, and I like how the mental system will prevent it from running rampant. But if I'll die soon without certain supplies and you come along looking all decked out...I don't have much to lose you know?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you have a gun out (which I'm assuming most people will) that's a major red flag in my mind, and if that barrel even moves in my general direction...regardless of your intentions I'm sorry. The fact that death is permanent, much like in real life lol, the game forces you to make split-second decisions. This is really pretty cool! Maybe the guy really was about to shoot you, or maybe he's like wtf I just wanted directions haha. Either way his blood is on your hands now!

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
i feel like it should be played the way DayZ is meant to be played. people shouldn't just shoot on sign unless they have a reason to shoot. It will make the game better if you talk, meet friends and start a base together.
Hmm that is completely not true. Dayz wasn't just about PVE where did you get that from? Survival is what the game is about, and pvp is apart of that. It also is apart of STN, just they added in mental state. It will be a server option btw how it impacts players is ultimately the players choice per server. When it came to dayz, it turned into a pvp type game only because there was a lack of things to do, and people enjoyed some events with pvp. Special rule set servers are in place with pvp events, some like to Role play, others like to PVE and interact. So this KOS poll is just that a nice way too see how players react. It is really your choice how you play these games.

You do want some of the scare factors in don't you?

Also some of the dayz devs, hicks himself said pvp is apart of the game too..

Sagewise

Where is a time machine when you need one? :?)
Backer
Considering the Creative way STN has built in features that should quell most players urge to KOS I will not be doing any KOS as I would not want it done to me. Simply treat others as you expect to be treated. o7

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Considering the Creative way STN has built in features that should quell most players urge to KOS I will not be doing any KOS as I would not want it done to me. Simply treat others as you expect to be treated. o7
Never, just watch your backs :)