• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
i try to avoid doing so unless i know i can win and the rewards far outwiegh the risks and since stn plans to punish us for it i do believe that's gonna make things really interesting

Davidbc

Community Mod
Backer
If I see someone armed I will probably KOS. It all depends on the situation though, but my safety is no.1 priority.

Dark Rider 400

Informed Pre-Orderer
Backer
The only reason I'll shoot a player is if he's attacking somebody that can''t fend for themselves, or if he started shooting at me first. I've had instances in some multiplayer zombie games where a dude will be trying to fight off a horde and failing, then I'll jump in beside him and start helping. If people did things like this more often, I'm sure they'd have a better overall experience.

Thread starter #25

monokoi

Backer
The only reason I'll shoot a player is if he's attacking somebody that can''t fend for themselves, or if he started shooting at me first. I've had instances in some multiplayer zombie games where a dude will be trying to fight off a horde and failing, then I'll jump in beside him and start helping. If people did things like this more often, I'm sure they'd have a better overall experience.
I'll second that! It's this type of experience that my mates and I are looking for in STN. ;)

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
Lol or if you have RV and I don't

!!APB!! ZXET

Backer
now this is a confusing question really :p i have never been a fan of PvP and never will. i generally wont kill another person. But now if that person is someone that has been known to just kill people for no reasons then ill shoot first ask questions later.. really hope there will be a non PvP server tho

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
This is why STN will be different, with the mental health system, KoS players will be penalised. Yes, you will be able to kill those who don't "get" the idea of the game, but I see the game idea as 'all the players against the zombies' ... all of us working together to 'Survive the Nights'.

There's been a reference to Schrödinger's Cat ... I'd just like to chuck a Terry Pratchett reference in here about the third state of the cat in the box - "bloody furious"

Dark Rider 400

Informed Pre-Orderer
Backer
This is why STN will be different, with the mental health system, KoS players will be penalised. Yes, you will be able to kill those who don't "get" the idea of the game, but I see the game idea as 'all the players against the zombies' ... all of us working together to 'Survive the Nights'.

There's been a reference to Schrödinger's Cat ... I'd just like to chuck a Terry Pratchett reference in here about the third state of the cat in the box - "bloody furious"
Primary Rule of Cat Care: NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, SHOULD YOU TRY AND PUT A CAT IN A BOX. IT IS A DEATH SENTENCE. THE CAT WILL ONLY GO INTO THE BOX IF IT WANTS TO.

Thread starter #33

monokoi

Backer

Lovely, thank you. Thought I'd lighten things in the poll up a bit - and look smart while doing so. Not so sure I succeeded at the later, but I guess that's what you get when a "Kraut" takes a shot at comedy.

"Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about Schrodinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat was getting."
T.P.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Lovely, thank you. Thought I'd lighten things in the poll up a bit - and look smart while doing so. Not so sure I succeeded at the later, but I guess that's what you get when a "Kraut" takes a shot at comedy.

"Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about Schrodinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat was getting."
T.P.
There's an amusing cartoon about that:
http://mediacdn.snorgcontent.com/me...b995d92e8889/s/c/schrodingersdog-newthumb.png

CarinaNebula

Ganja Farmer
Backer
This is an interesting topic. One of the main reasons why I think this game is remarkable is the Insanity bar, or having to maintain mental health. It takes the whole "kill kill kill" mindset of the genre and flips it on it's ass.

Super excited to see how the Dev's balance PVE with PVP.

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer

On your server, on mine? pvp is in....

Sparti

Backer
I'm a friendly person and tend to help people, either that or keep my safe distance.

The first thing is probably the one that got me killed the most in all this kos friendly games so far :D

However if someone decides to really piss me off he should better be ready to live with the consequences.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Well for anyone who has played or plays Miscreated, I am well-Known for being RICK GRIMES and I kill anyone and anything and Say Rick Grimes B**CH right after lol. KoS Always.