• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarinaNebula

Ganja Farmer
Backer
KoS is part of the nature of survival. if you remove it, then you remove a huge part of the danger.
See this is the problem, it's a "zombie survival" game, not "Shooty kill human bandit-fest" game. The zombies need to become a larger threat than say in H1z1, Infestation, and DayZ. Think about the awesome gameplay you would have with your server-mates taking on a dangerous/huge zombie-infested city, instead of immediately killing each other.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
See this is the problem, it's a "zombie survival" game, not "Shooty kill human bandit-fest" game. The zombies need to become a larger threat than say in H1z1, Infestation, and DayZ. Think about the awesome gameplay you would have with your server-mates taking on a dangerous/huge zombie-infested city, instead of immediately killing each other.
See thing is if you had something I wanted or needed. I would have to weight risk vs reward.so if I had the advantage I would probably double tap you. See pvp is very much a part of the game. No I am not going to run and gun every one. There's a chance we may try to rob you and you not cooperate with us so then what we just say never mind.

Last edited:

CarinaNebula

Ganja Farmer
Backer
See thing is if you had something I wanted or needed. I would have to weight risk vs reward.so if I had the advantage I would probably double tap you. See pvp is very much a part of the game. No I am not going to run and gun every one. There's a chance we may try to rob you and you not cooperate with us so then what we just say never mind.
Obviously, PVP is part of it. But what about the Mental Health bar? Kill too many people you go insane, or you can't eat, or sleep.

Also, the sheer size of the hoard come nightfall, you are going to need fellow players to help you survive the night. KoS is just so Call of Duty.

FuzioN

Backer
it really depends, mostly no, if i see somone that has shit ton of stuff and heard some gunshots before and somone die, im sure as hell gonna drop that guy since the odds of it being him is really high.

anyway i mostly will be more talkative, and wont shoot until later stages in the game, and if i am going to shoot somone it will be a player that have things.

that also have stuff, i however prefer interact with other players and play with them :)

also it depends also how dangerous zombies are, and on EA ppl will pvp to see how zombies react and the mental system.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
I personally will not shoot anyone unless they shoot at me first. I really can't wait till the KoSers have a mental breakdown and go insane. Will be so much fun to see them suffer for once :)

Actions should always have consequences and in this game they do.
Well I will suffer to make sure people lose all their stuff and ill go hide it before I KMS. ;)

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Don't get me wrong I would love to just kill zombies with my buddies and learn the map at first and get a feel for things that will be my first few goals on the first couple months that I play this. BUT... In time I will kill people just to see how things work lol. To enjoy the real RICK GRIMES :cool:

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
i probably will not kill on sight, however if it looks like the guy is heavily geared and risk vs reward is then applied. or if i know there camping an area then yea KOS. because irl if we were at the end of humanity it would be the strong survive. lol so i will be respawning alot lol

Thread starter #50

monokoi

Backer
KoS is part of the nature of survival. if you remove it, then you remove a huge part of the danger.
There's no respawn in nature. Only in video games. If you were to find yourself in a similar situation, I'd think you'd avoid the possibility of death by all means possible.

Let's say you only had one life in STN; if you die, you do not respawn and your copy of STN is rendered invalid. Would you still feel trigger happy? I wouldn't.

There was a survival mmo with such ambitions, but it seems abandoned since 2015.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
There's no respawn in nature. Only in video games. If you were to find yourself in a similar situation, I'd think you'd avoid the possibility of death by all means possible.

Let's say you only had one life in STN; if you die, you do not respawn and your copy of STN is rendered invalid. Would you still feel trigger happy? I wouldn't.

There was a survival mmo with such ambitions, but it seems abandoned since 2015.
lol I would buy another copy

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
lol I would buy another copy
agreed. The point in video games is to test everything possible and get the best play value and replay value out of it. I love to kill things and if that means becoming insane then so be it.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
agreed. The point in video games is to test everything possible and get the best play value and replay value out of it. I love to kill things and if that means becoming insane then so be it.
Especially in alpha. Got to try and break,glitch and dupe so devs can crush that shit early

Last edited:

QuickLoad

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ Sq. Scorpio CO
Backer
Especially in alpha. Got to try and break,glitch and dupe so devs can crush that shit early
thats a horrible excuse 'so devs can crush that shit early'.
if you wanted to report exploits you would report them, not abuse the exploits to your own advantage(which you are probably going to do anyways)

trak49

Resident Evil
Backer
Lot's of games have been ruined by KOS and cheating. I hope this one has a strong anti-cheat and keeps take of Kills for KOS detection especially killing new spawns.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
For those of us lucky enough to help out in the stress tests, then KOS was an important, if a little be irritating, part of the testing process. I'm looking forward to seeing how the mental progress meter helps balance the game towards a players against zombies style of game. I'm almost more excited about that 'mechanic' than I am about chopping down more trees and exploring the rest of the map!