• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I think if your not within a certain radius then the killing is very much pointless/unnecessary, the excuses for killing someone for gear isn't much of an excuse... I'd prefer people to be honest and say that it's much easier to loot buildings when a threat is eliminated or preferably dealt with through communication...

A fine example for me is an instance on Dayz where I came upon a multi-floored building knowing that someone was inside looting, I yell up the stairs "Hey bud, I know your in here... I have my gun out but I am not looking for a gunfight, it's too early in the morning to die"... all is quiet.. no response (not even text), so I knew instantly this dude would rather try and kill me than risk trusting my words... which meant I am going to have to kill this dude the moment I see him (not something I'd choose first), in the end I did when he came down the stairs (so did I KoS him?).. but my point is, that which ever end of this encounter you are on, you'd rather it go something like that instead of being shot in the back from over 100m away by a sniper.

So maybe we need to determine what exactly is Killing-on-sight, for me... it's the gunman in the grassy knoll who shoots anything (mainly people) that moves, rather than me going toe-to-toe with someone that I startled/that startled me with guns/melee...

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
KoS bottom line, is not the soul purpose of this game, Surviving in the Zombie Apocalypse is.
If they made this game about anything close to KoS'ers then it would maybe be called, "Survive the KoS" lmao.
I mean really how many people actually have that much fun sitting in a bush or corner waiting for people to come? the only good outcome of that is the gear and food you might get off of the dead body...
I think a game that can make Walker Killing fun, and survival and exploration then they deserve to be awarded. Not many Open-World survival games have that. It's all about the KoS and group vs group type of gameplay. There needs to be a balance and I think they have the right Idea, Because if you kill someone okay your going to be fine for awhile, but if you kill too many people it will start to take a toll on your body and mind. The point of this game is to work together and SURVIVE. I think that's a great take on such a survival game.
Too many KoSers and you get just a boring blood bath, that's easy to start a war. But how easy is it to find people and work together? That's the hard part. Finding other survivors that want to be in a group and help you. Against the greater enemy.... The Walkers.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Finding other survivors that want to be in a group and help you. Against the greater enemy.... The Walkers.
We are The Walking Dead... ;)

FuzioN

Backer
i just hope the zeds ai gonna be so freaking deadly and punishing its annoying.

thats when you hit a spot where you wanna play with others instead of just kos them.

for instance got a good lootspot but shit ton of zombies, with a m8 one lure them off other loots you share the loot.

I also hope they make a good melee system that cannot be abusd with stuttersteping front and back peddling.

example is early h1z1 and warz you just pixel timed your attacks and they missed you 100% without you ever taking damage.

would be awsome if they gave zeds a lunge attack, aprt from just attacking if you get close! :)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
i just hope the zeds ai gonna be so freaking deadly and punishing its annoying.

thats when you hit a spot where you wanna play with others instead of just kos them.

for instance got a good lootspot but shit ton of zombies, with a m8 one lure them off other loots you share the loot.

I also hope they make a good melee system that cannot be abusd with stuttersteping front and back peddling.

example is early h1z1 and warz you just pixel timed your attacks and they missed you 100% without you ever taking damage.

would be awsome if they gave zeds a lunge attack, aprt from just attacking if you get close! :)
Agree 100%... in due time after features, mechanics are all in and polished up... hopefully they'll all work nice together and the gameplay the devs (and us) want will naturally play out... like when playing Squad I'll meet people I don't know or sometimes understand but the co-operation comes natural.

Also have the zeds grapple you, dying light/dead island style :)

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
KoS bottom line, is not the soul purpose of this game, Surviving in the Zombie Apocalypse is.
If they made this game about anything close to KoS'ers then it would maybe be called, "Survive the KoS" lmao.
I mean really how many people actually have that much fun sitting in a bush or corner waiting for people to come? the only good outcome of that is the gear and food you might get off of the dead body...
I think a game that can make Walker Killing fun, and survival and exploration then they deserve to be awarded. Not many Open-World survival games have that. It's all about the KoS and group vs group type of gameplay. There needs to be a balance and I think they have the right Idea, Because if you kill someone okay your going to be fine for awhile, but if you kill too many people it will start to take a toll on your body and mind. The point of this game is to work together and SURVIVE. I think that's a great take on such a survival game.
Too many KoSers and you get just a boring blood bath, that's easy to start a war. But how easy is it to find people and work together? That's the hard part. Finding other survivors that want to be in a group and help you. Against the greater enemy.... The Walkers.
I'm not usually one to KOS, but you can be certain that if I meet your character in the game, I'm going to kill him... just because. I'm going to invite you over for tea (because it seems like that what you think player interactions are going to be like) and then I'm gonna Otis your ass when the horde arrives so that I can survive. If I see you in the woods and you have stuff... well, I need stuff and I'm going to gank your ass just so I can take it. If the mechanic is available, I will skin you and roast your flesh over that spiffy campfire they showed a while back. Yup, I'm gonna make Rick Grimes soup outta you and share stories about how you cried with my buddies in the KRGOS (Kill Rick Grimes On Sight) clan. We are gonna have a good laugh about how you wanted to play tiddly winks while fighting the good fight against the zeds and then we stabbed you in the back and watched you die real slow. So yeah... catch me outside, how bout dat?

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
I'm not usually one to KOS, but you can be certain that if I meet your character in the game, I'm going to kill him... just because. I'm going to invite you over for tea (because it seems like that what you think player interactions are going to be like) and then I'm gonna Otis your ass when the horde arrives so that I can survive. If I see you in the woods and you have stuff... well, I need stuff and I'm going to gank your ass just so I can take it. If the mechanic is available, I will skin you and roast your flesh over that spiffy campfire they showed a while back. Yup, I'm gonna make Rick Grimes soup outta you and share stories about how you cried with my buddies in the KRGOS (Kill Rick Grimes On Sight) clan. We are gonna have a good laugh about how you wanted to play tiddly winks while fighting the good fight against the zeds and then we stabbed you in the back and watched you die real slow. So yeah... catch me outside, how bout dat?
LMAO, buddy I'm just gonna say this now... If we met in game... You're gonna be sadly mistaken.
I might seem like the "Good Rick Grimes..."
But You have not met me in Miscreated and I always make sure they know, "I'm Rick Grimes B*tch ! " before I .44 magnum the brains on the floor.
I can play a good act, until I turn around when you aren't looking or trying to be TOO NICE to me, I'll make sure you are gonna feel stupid cuz you're messing with the wrong people...
Plus, I don't know you well and how stupid can you get you said you would take me in and have a tea party? I would KoS anyone who wanted to do that with me. You're the one who would feel stupid because you let me into your base and I steal everything after murdering you and your worthless KRGOS clan. Just saying this Grimes, has a few things up his sleeve and doesn't take kindly to a bunch of wannabes. ;)

Last edited:

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
LMAO, buddy I'm just gonna say this now... If we met in game... You're gonna be sadly mistaken.
I might seem like the "Good Rick Grimes..."
But You have not met me in Miscreated and I always make sure they know, "I'm Rick Grimes B*tch ! " before I .44 magnum the brains on the floor.
I can play a good act, until I turn around when you aren't looking or trying to be TOO NICE to me, I'll make sure you are gonna feel stupid cuz you're messing with the wrong people...
This is how the KOS cycle starts in every game. We will all get ganked. We will all be the gankers.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
This is how the KOS cycle starts in every game. We will all get ganked. We will all be the gankers.
Yeah, I might kill someone here and there, but mainly if they fire first (which always happens) and then I prove them wrong because I'm a killer shot with a .44. and if they get close I always have a hatchet.
Either way, I win.
But I will make sure if I see you even if my mentality is bad, and I might commit suicide, that you will Die by my hand in-game.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Ganked.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Pissing up the wall competition?, stand back ladies....

Because I give out headshots like giros,
I'll fuck you up with my eyes closed,
I ain't no joke,
I'll prod and I'll poke,
I'll wear your face with class and grace,
So unless you wanna taste,
I'd make haste...

:p

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Pissing up the wall competition?, stand back ladies....

Because I give out headshots like giros,
I'll fuck you up with my eyes closed,
I ain't no joke,
I'll prod and I'll poke,
I'll wear your face with class and grace,
So unless you wanna taste,
I'd make haste...

:p
My name is Rick Grimes
I don't mess with those small rhymes
I'm big time
I'll rock ya face
and put a .44 in ya ace
Coming for me?
I'm gonna make you a disgrace

LUDER

Mighty God of Zimbabwe
Community Mod
Backer
i would avoid interaction depending on the situation, but people are people. KoS will be a part of any game, no matter the mental system. I hope KoS wont be a big part of this. See each other say hi, talk a bit. split. KoS is stupid IMO there will be times where i need food so desperate and i might find the risk lower than the reward.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
We are gonna have a good laugh about how you wanted to play tiddly winks while fighting the good fight against the zeds and then we stabbed you in the back and watched you die real slow. So yeah... catch me outside, how bout dat?
Yeah another thing is if you tried to get me while we are fighting the "good fight" against Walkers, I am wise and quick to make sure the walkers would be your problem then I would run far enough or lock up the doors behind you so you have to deal with them and die a "slow death" in your own doing. Making it that much more satisfying that I was not the one to set this up and you died by your own trap...

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
Rick Grimes was exhausted. Sweat dripped down his face and he struggled to catch his breath. That pack of zeds had been on his trail ever since they'd surprised him inside him inside the old Ball-Mart building. He cursed himself. Why did I left myself get distracted by that old barbie doll... Truth was, it had been a while since he'd seen a real woman and the doll's clean white skin and pristine packaging had lulled him into a daydream. He was back in middle school, standing on an old trash can, peering into a narrow window that looked into the girl's bathroom. He couldn't see anything, but the smell of piss and perfume was more than his young mind could handle as he began to touch himself. He remembered the ear splitting sound the trash can made as it gave way under his feet. CRUUUUNCH! Susie Cumberton bolted from one of the stalls, startled by the loud noise emanating from just outside the window. She ran to the window and looked down at the ground only too see little Ricky splayed out on the ground, pants around his ankles, struggling to hide his tiny member. Most of all, he painfully remembered her laugh. That laugh echoed through his mind and it was a day he'd never forget. Little Ricky Ratdick was what all the kids had called him from that day on. And then suddenly, another CRASH! Only this time, it wasn't part of the dream. A group of zeds had broken through the glass doors that Rick had feebly barricaded with a few bags of wet cat litter and a case of molded crackers. He tried to run, not realizing that in the midst of his daydream, he'd pulled his pants down around his ankles. Run, Little Ricky Ratdick, run he'd told himself. He stumbled as they got closer but managed to pull up his trousers and make his way to the back door. He kicked the door open and ran toward the treeline.

Rick had been running for almost an hour. He knew the zombies didn't move that fast, but the group he'd encountered at the store wasn't the only one. Apparently he'd been making more noise than he'd realized while he remembered that day when he'd earned the nickname that would follow him through the rest of his school days. He had reached a small clearing and there didn't seem to be any more zeds around. A small shack sat in the middle of the clearing. It looked like a good place to rest. He reached down to his holster where he kept his trusty .44 Magnum. He expected to feel the cold metal grip but his hand met something else. In his panicked flight he'd apparently holstered the barbie doll instead of his coveted sidearm. Fuck, he thought to himself. When morning arrived he'd have to venture back into the Ball-Mart and hope that no one else had found his gun.

The shack was mostly empty. A folding card table and a tattered lawn chair sat in the center of the room. A stench hung in the air - a combination a rotting garbage, feces, and old urine. Rick pulled the barbie out of his holster and sat down in the chair. Riiiiiiiip! The tattered webbing gave way and Rick found himself wedged within it's metal frame. The rough joints of the chair pinched his skin and he let out a little whimper. He'd just wanted to spend a little more quality time with the doll and now this.

After struggling to extricate himself from the chair for several minutes, he managed to tip it over and free himself. He wondered how much noise he had made and if it had attracted the attention of any walkers. Not wanting to be caught off guard, he slowly leaned out from the empty door frame of the shack.

His heart skipped a beat as he heard a man laugh and felt the cold metal of a shotgun against his temple. Rick's mind reeled as he tried to figure out what to do next. The man was with a small group of grizzled survivors and they had the shack surrounded. Some of them carried guns and others wielded blunt instruments of death. One of the men asked in a booming voice, "Who are you and what the fuck are you doing in our house?" Rick was gripped by fear and all he could manage to do was squeak out, "I'm Little Ricky Ratdick!" The men laughed and began to close in on him. Rick looked down at the barbie doll and began to cry.

The KRGOS clan dined well that evening. They joked about how that "ratdick soup" was the best thing they'd had to eat in a while. Rick Grimes was no more and the men were full.

Last edited:

GaleKast

Backer
Don't get why you would kos in a game like this. Yes, be cautious and wary, initiate contact with some sort of physical barrier in the way, but don't start picking people off from 400m away before you have chance to work out if they are friendly or not. Interaction is the most important part of a game like this and just running around murdering everything that moves seems like the complete opposite of what society would need to do in an apocalyptic situation. Alas, you will always have the COD death matchers in all games, but let's hope the mentality punishments are severe enough here that they think twice before doing it.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Rick Grimes was exhausted. Sweat dripped down his face and he struggled to catch his breath. That pack of zeds had been on his trail ever since they'd surprised him inside him inside the old Ball-Mart building. He cursed himself. Why did I left myself get distracted by that old barbie doll... Truth was, it had been a while since he'd seen a real woman and the doll's clean white skin and pristine packaging had lulled him into a daydream. He was back in middle school, standing on an old trash can, peering into a narrow window that looked into the girl's bathroom. He couldn't see anything, but the smell of piss and perfume was more than his young mind could handle as he began to touch himself. He remembered the ear splitting sound the trash can made as it gave way under his feet. CRUUUUNCH! Susie Cumberton bolted from one of the stalls, startled by the loud noise emanating from just outside the window. She ran to the window and looked down at the ground only too see little Ricky splayed out on the ground, pants around his ankles, struggling to hide his tiny member. Most of all, he painfully remembered her laugh. That laugh echoed through his mind and it was a day he'd never forget. Little Ricky Ratdick was what all the kids had called him from that day on. And then suddenly, another CRASH! Only this time, it wasn't part of the dream. A group of zeds had broken through the glass doors that Rick had feebly barricaded with a few bags of wet cat litter and a case of molded crackers. He tried to run, not realizing that in the midst of his daydream, he'd pulled his pants down around his ankles. Run, Little Ricky Ratdick, run he'd told himself. He stumbled as they got closer but managed to pull up his trousers and make his way to the back door. He kicked the door open and ran toward the treeline.

Rick had been running for almost an hour. He knew the zombies didn't move that fast, but the group he'd encountered at the store wasn't the only one. Apparently he'd been making more noise than he'd realized while he remembered that day when he'd earned the nickname that would follow him through the rest of his school days. He had reached a small clearing and there didn't seem to be any more zeds around. A small shack sat in the middle of the clearing. It looked like a good place to rest. He reached down to his holster where he kept his trusty .44 Magnum. He expected to feel the cold metal grip but his hand met something else. In his panicked flight he'd apparently holstered the barbie doll instead of his coveted sidearm. Fuck, he thought to himself. When morning arrived he'd have to venture back into the Ball-Mart and hope that no one else had found his gun.

The shack was mostly empty. A folding card table and a tattered lawn chair sat in the center of the room. A stench hung in the air - a combination a rotting garbage, feces, and old urine. Rick pulled the barbie out of his holster and sat down in the chair. Riiiiiiiip! The tattered webbing gave way and Rick found himself wedged within it's metal frame. The rough joints of the chair pinched his skin and he let out a little whimper. He'd just wanted to spend a little more quality time with the doll and now this.

After struggling to extricate himself from the chair for several minutes, he managed to tip it over and free himself. He wondered how much noise he had made and if it had attracted the attention of any walkers. Not wanting to be caught off guard, he slowly leaned out from the empty door frame of the shack.

His heart skipped a beat as he heard a man laugh and felt the cold metal of a shotgun against his temple. Rick's mind reeled as he tried to figure out what to do next. The man was with a small group of grizzled survivors and they had the shack surrounded. Some of them carried guns and others wielded blunt instruments of death. One of the men asked in a booming voice, "Who are you and what the fuck are you doing in our house?" Rick was gripped by fear and all he could manage to do was squeak out, "I'm Little Ricky Ratdick!" The men laughed and began to close in on him. Rick looked down at the barbie doll and began to cry.

The KRGOS clan dined well that evening. They joked about how that "ratdick soup" was the best thing they'd had to eat in a while. Rick Grimes was no more and the men were full.
Hey man, just because you substituted Rick's name instead of yours... You don't need to tell us your childhood story.
I mean Sole "the role playing" Survivor must have been role-playing Ricky ;)
This must mean you have lots of time on your precious little hands, I'm sure mommy and daddy loved you very much hahahha.
Barbie dolls must remind you of when you were little and played with yourself, it's "touching" (pun intended)
But I'm sure there is more to the story, and I'm assuming Susie Cumberton must be related to you? Inbreds are such a disgrace....
another reason I would KoS you.

Last edited: