• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Poll: Kill On Sight (KoS)

What's your attitude towards KoS?

• If it moves, shoot it!

• Schrödinger's Cat - Who knows?

• Thou shalt not kill. ( Unless you really piss me off. )

Results are only viewable after voting.

Razz_Darkstar

Certified Zombie Killer
Backer
I'm fine with 13% of people being OK with KoS lol, we have the other 87% to take care of those people haha

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
I certainly won't kill someone for the thrill of killing them. With this unique mental system that will be implemented and the idea that you're better off by working together...I see KOS being less of a problem compared to other games.

However, if you're brandishing a large weapon or are acting sketchy, we'll see. But still, most likely I will only return fire or attack if you provoke me somehow. I tend not to trust strangers and like to ride solo, and especially when there's a house full of good loot with so many people trying to get it. These so called 'friends' are liable to turn on each other very quickly.

Exercise caution, use your best judgement, make friends and have fun but don't go out there with a loaded rifle and a chip on your shoulder for the sole purpose of annoying others.

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
cant wait to see a khan member only to snipe them, lets be honest. Its the people who are actually smart who are gonna stay alive in this game XD

TheNight24

Backer
I'm definetly not into KoS, I rather make more friends than enemies. I hope the mental system punish people who only wants to play this game as a player killer. :)

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Or some people might like it lol. It'll be interesting im sure.

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
I really am a cool guy, I like having a group but i like to keep my numbers down. Cause if i get a big group then theres gonna be
"OMG IM HUNGREEEE"
"DUD IM DED I NEED GUNZ"
"JESUS UR BADDD"
"wait theres guns in this game?"
"how do i walk?"
"IS THIS MINECRAFT AND DAYZ TOGETHER?"

Xotukel

Backer
The upper echelon of survival games is robbing people for their stuff and leaving them alive, or rescuing people from certain doom. If they wanna get uppity then my gun gets... shooty? Shootity...? You get the point, they get dead real quick, but you never know who you'll run into and what may come of it. One of my OG homeboys is from DayZ hero days stuck through a lot for years and still playing games together.

Nomadical

Backer
It's all going to come down to situational necessity.
If I'm attached to a larger group, I probably will not KOS as there won't likely be much benefit to the action.
If I'm solo, crops were raided, winter's been rough, and you have a fat pack... well.. There's a signature on these forums that explains the rest.

Kostchtchie

Kill them all and let the Repawn sort them out
Backer
I'm definetly not into KoS, I rather make more friends than enemies. I hope the mental system punish people who only wants to play this game as a player killer. :)
that is what its made for, to baby sit people and hold and protect them, precious little snowflakes that cannot deal with people that want to play another way, its ok for you people to play the way you want, but the rest us get punished for how we play..

just another handicap game for snowflakes and to behonest i will play the game like it does not matter because of this, every one will be shot dead on sight and the people that are behind me that are not in my party will loot the gear you have and they will fund me gear to keep doing this and it will happen again and again and again and again every day all day as punishment for having such anti gamer mechanic in the game to protect precious little wimps that do not have the balls to protect themselves, in life you would not know if someone is out to get you, but in game we have to protect these little snowflakes

@DEVS where is the counter balance to this punishment? where is the punishment for snowflakes? where is there anti gamer mechanic?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
that is what its made for, to baby sit people and hold and protect them, precious little snowflakes that cannot deal with people that want to play another way, its ok for you people to play the way you want, but the rest us get punished for how we play..

just another handicap game for snowflakes and to behonest i will play the game like it does not matter because of this, every one will be shot dead on sight and the people that are behind me that are not in my party will loot the gear you have and they will fund me gear to keep doing this and it will happen again and again and again and again every day all day as punishment for having such anti gamer mechanic in the game to protect precious little wimps that do not have the balls to protect themselves, in life you would not know if someone is out to get you, but in game we have to protect these little snowflakes

@DEVS where is the counter balance to this punishment? where is the punishment for snowflakes? where is there anti gamer mechanic?
Alrighty, Im no Dev but I can see what you're thinking here. Firstly, you cannot compare it to real life because in real life situation like StN, would you really shoot absolutely everyone and loot them? And you think if you did you wouldn't be mentally effected by it? Because you and any other human would. It is a mental system, it is realistic in that sense. And it's likely there to prevent KoS situations because it's trying to promote more interesting and fun gameplay experiences. The worst part about these games is spending days or even weeks surviving, living through what you couldn't have even thought possible, just to be sniped from 900 meters away by some guy with a scope and hunting rifle. My best moments in survival games come from the non-KoS situations, or at least the ones that aren't insta-death. It's way more fun to setup an ambush and mug someone(ammo conservation) or to sneak up behind someone and order them to not turn around or you'll blow their brains across the floor(that's one of my favorites). Even to find a guy and tie him up if you want, you'll both have a story to tell and a more fun experience outside of "I saw him, I shot him, I looted him, got killed, rinse and repeat." Because that might be fun for a little while, the thrill of a firefight is always great, but unless it's special somehow(A tactical ambush, one guy versus a dozen, a horde closing in from all sides in the middle of a one on one) it's no fun and you don't get anything from it. It isn't there to handicap you but to help you. I'm not afraid of a fight, nor am I going to scream and throw my headset across the room when someone KoS' me, because it will happen, it happens to everyone. It doesn't need a counter balance, and it isn't there to punish anyone, at least not in my eyes. But this is all my opinion.

TheNight24

Backer
We are talking about KoS here, I sure know how to defend myself If people start shooting at me/my crew. That thing I've learned in dayz. If you're into KoS then go for it, this game is definitely for many kind of players. Punishment for people who avoid killing other people will have less loot than the ones who try to find fights. ;)

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
It's all going to come down to situational necessity.
If I'm attached to a larger group, I probably will not KOS as there won't likely be much benefit to the action.
If I'm solo, crops were raided, winter's been rough, and you have a fat pack... well.. There's a signature on these forums that explains the rest.
thats what i am talking about. necessity

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
At first I said I would only kill if provoked aka threatened or shot at. Now, I see all these blowhards going on about how they're going to kill everyone they see. So screw what I said before...if I get the slightest inkling that they even own a weapon, they're dead and the loot is mine. I'll take being a deranged killer who dies of insanity versus someone who falls prey to these douches within 5 minutes of every respawn.

Killing people is part of the game, I get that and will certainly kill other players, I promise. NOT going to kill for the purpose of being a prick though, but will have a hair trigger like a mf.

Probably going to be more of a hermit who lives away from it all and not get involved with very many people until I learn more about this mental system. If you can easily get away with a near-genocide by like eating 'good' food or whatever, then KoS is going to be a huge problem in this game.

Last edited:

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
At first I said I would only kill if provoked aka threatened or shot at. Now, I see all these blowhards going on about how they're going to kill everyone they see. So screw what I said before...if I get the slightest inkling that they even own a weapon, they're dead and the loot is mine. I'll take being a deranged killer who dies of insanity versus someone who falls prey to these douches within 5 minutes of every respawn.

Killing people is part of the game, I get that and will certainly kill other players, I promise. NOT going to kill for the purpose of being a prick though, but will have a hair trigger like a mf.

Probably going to be more of a hermit who lives away from it all and not get involved with very many people until I learn more about this mental system. If you can easily get away with a near-genocide by like eating 'good' food or whatever, then KoS is going to be a huge problem in this game.
i have never bambi killed unless they try to kill me