• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Potential Twitch & YouTube Integration

Thread starter Moderator #1

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
Hi folks,

The Devs have asked if any of you Streamers have any suggestions for possible future Twitch/YT integrations.

An example given by @Clinton was Auto Whitelisting of Subs/Followers, if you are also hosting a server.

DocteurOod

Survive if I can...
Backer
I don't understand... You propose a system for youtubers/twitchers ? It's in game ? If a the stream have a follow, the player can integrate the server ?

Thread starter Moderator #3

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I don't understand... You propose a system for youtubers/twitchers ? It's in game ? If a the stream have a follow, the player can integrate the server ?
If you are a streamer, and rent or host a server(in the future) potentially it could integrate with YT or Twitch, so that anyone who follows or subs to your channel, would be auto whitelisted to your server.

DocteurOod

Survive if I can...
Backer
Well yes ! It's a great idea ! But 2 options is it possible ?

You can choose "Followers" or "Subscribers only".

DocteurOod

Survive if I can...
Backer

Looter

I would say "subs and regulars" instead of subs and followers. I dont want to get every follower whitelisted ;) But I like the idea so far. Twitch is a major platform to promote games today! Dont take it too easy bois ;)

What about making a "STN Community" on twitch? Or better: ask Twitch stuff to create a "STN Backer Team". That would be cool. But first of all you need the game listed on twitch as well as a Logo! But I already spoke with J.B about that ;)

Thread starter Moderator #8

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I would say "subs and regulars" instead of subs and followers. I dont want to get every follower whitelisted ;) But I like the idea so far. Twitch is a major platform to promote games today! Dont take it too easy bois ;)

What about making a "STN Community" on twitch? Or better: ask Twitch stuff to create a "STN Backer Team". That would be cool. But first of all you need the game listed on twitch as well as a Logo! But I already spoke with J.B about that ;)
See the quote I posted from Clinton. You will be able to control who it whitelists, configurable in the server options :)

MrTrend

The auto whitelist integration would be pretty handy, but can you PLEASE integrate Mixer as well? I know Mixer is a much smaller platform than Twitch, but it's DEFINITELY better than YT Gaming hahaha I have plans on playing the hell out of this game once we get access, as well as some other streamers I've convinced to getting it too :D Would be awesome to get Mixer in the mix (pun not intended)

milliePlays_

Backer
I'm right on for this. My viewers grow daily and we've been talking about the possibility of a sub server in the not too far future.

Would the whitelisting be handled by A2Z? I imagined it would be the third party responsible for server rentals. That's only from what I know from friends on Twitch.

Thread starter Moderator #12

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I'm right on for this. My viewers grow daily and we've been talking about the possibility of a sub server in the not too far future.

Would the whitelisting be handled by A2Z? I imagined it would be the third party responsible for server rentals. That's only from what I know from friends on Twitch.
@Clinton can correct me if i'm wrong, but you'd control the whitelist function from your server dashboard, so you could set access to Follwers, Subs, Regs, Mods etc. It's all up in the air just now, so any more ideas or feedback would be good from anyone interested

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
@Clinton can correct me if i'm wrong, but you'd control the whitelist function from your server dashboard, so you could set access to Follwers, Subs, Regs, Mods etc. It's all up in the air just now, so any more ideas or feedback would be good from anyone interested
That's the plan!

milliePlays_

Backer
I saw the dashboard in the devlog. I'm definitely a fan of it. How far along the alpha release do we think we'll be able to rent these servers?

Drunken_illa_noise

Take shots and stream... Maby kill some zombies
Backer
Can I still link my steam to my account? Want easy communication between other streamers

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
My suggestion would be not to spend any time on this until everything else is complete and rock solid. Why spend development time on something that will be used by a tiny percentage of players?

Thread starter Moderator #18

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
My suggestion would be not to spend any time on this until everything else is complete and rock solid. Why spend development time on something that will be used by a tiny percentage of players?
It'd be Clinton that would be working on the streamer integration stuffs, so the team can continue concentrating on the core of the game.

my only suggestion is make an option for safe streaming. you click it in options if you are streaming and it changes or pixels the name of the servers you join and the players names because stream sniping is horrible but it happens. this would reduce stream snipping a bit.

Thread starter Moderator #20

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
my only suggestion is make an option for safe streaming. you click it in options if you are streaming and it changes or pixels the name of the servers you join and the players names because stream sniping is horrible but it happens. this would reduce stream snipping a bit.
Something that covers/obscures your padlocks would be nice aswell. I streamed the 2nd Stress test last year, and realised that as I was locking my doors, anyone watching the stream would know my location and combination for my house :D