• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Pouches/Belts/Holsters/Etc

Thread starter Moderator #1

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
It was mentioned about finding and using certain auxiliary articles of "clothing" to carry certain objects and even enabling the use of "hot keys" for your character. I really liked this idea, as I haven't really seen it done in this genre before... I thought I'd elaborate a little.

Pistol Chest Holster (Police/Civilian, non-military) - Allows you to carry a pistol in hot key.

Belt (could be used for other crafting also) - Needed before being able to add belt pistol holster or gun sheath, maybe others???

Pistol Belt Holster (added to belt)- Pistol Hot Key

Belt Knife Sheath - Make a knife melee weapon hot key

Electrician/Carpenter Tool Belt - Small item, small melee weapon, food, drink, med supply hot keys ??

Fanny Pack :D - Food/Drink/Med Supplies/Lighter or Matches Hot Key???

Rifle/Shotgun Sling - Makes rifle/shotgun hot keyable.

Anyone else have ideas for practical items that would go along with this??

Last edited:
:D This is a great idea! Maybe anything small like a lighter or duct tape or a knife or something could go in your pockets, and additional holsters and pouches like you said could be used for hotkeying them. I really like the hot key idea, cause it makes sense. If you have a gun or something in your backpack, you can't immediately get it, you need to open up your pack and get it. If you have a holster, then you can just grab it. So it's a realistic and helpful feature. Some would be craftable, and others you would have to loot.

Hey! I have a backpack just like that but it's black. It looks exactly like that :D. Speaking of pouches and stuff(im going a little of track here) I hope they add lots of different kinds of backpacks, and maybe even customizable? Also, bigger bags are heavier, but carry more stuff, so minor stanima decrease with a big bag.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
If I could just add, to be an extra pain in the ass... not being able to holster a weapon unless you have a holster/sling/sheath and that instead you can only drop the weapon if you wanted to swicth to something else (two handed or large one handed weapons i.e long blade/blunt or a long gun , pistol/knives don't count)?

So say you're holding an assault rifle and run out of ammo and have no sling, then if you choose to pull out a weapon you do have holstered then the assault rifle is dropped at your feet.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
If I could just add, to be an extra pain in the ass... not being able to holster a weapon unless you have a holster/sling/sheath and that instead you can only drop the weapon if you wanted to swicth to something else (two handed or large one handed weapons i.e long blade/blunt or a long gun , pistol/knives don't count)?

So say you're holding an assault rifle and run out of ammo and have no sling, then if you choose to pull out a weapon you do have holstered then the assault rifle is dropped at your feet.
I like it, however, if it's just a pistol, nothing is stopping one from just stuffing it in the waist imo. But, like you said, if it's an AR or shotgun, then yeah.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I like it, however, if it's just a pistol, nothing is stopping one from just stuffing it in the waist imo. But, like you said, if it's an AR or shotgun, then yeah.
Yeah.. I'd say small arms like knives and pistols could be an exeption.

Thread starter Moderator #10

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer

Completely agree with this.

Rourk

Backer
Hey there ! I didnt see any post about that so sorry if i make a double.

So i realy like to see a shoulder strap system for the weapon.
The idea is simple, if you dont have a shoulder strap on your weapon, if you want to chop a tree or interact with other object that requires your two hands for that actions you will have to put your gun on a wall or a floor to interact so if something happen you cant just press a Hotkey to get the weapon in your hand you have to go grab it and so if you have a shoulder strap your are not force to drop your weapon for those actions and can maybe equip it in a hotkey for a faster swap if there is any danger.

Its just to get more realisme and depth in the gameplay. :)

Thanks to read, and god forgive my english, you'll be realy cool !

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
So glad you made this post... had the same thought but never did, was thinking at time about during a weapon swap that if you didn't have the strap you would drop the long-rifle in exchange to get your sidearm and that it was a weapon attachment so you could choose which rifle/shotgun had one.

With only one hotkey also you could have the choice to carry the weapon of choice if it's an attachment and then also be free to use and pick up/drop another firearm without a strap and not mind about dropping it, in a hurry.

I want the choice to-be there because I like the idea but I also don't think we need people running around armed to the teeth... there are plenty of other titles that do that, ones that do it well are more mil-sim RPG and this isn't.
+1

Last edited:
A simple rope, tractor motor belt, rip of clothing, plant fibers, etc would make you a sling. So while this is a good idea, I don’t think you necessarily need a “assault rifle sling” in order to sling your weapon.

You would be surprised what the Vietnamese came up with for slings.