• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Powerhubs

Thread starter #1

winINC

Backer
This kinda fits under both buildings and under gameplay, so I just stuffed it here...

Either way, what do I mean by "Powerhubs"? This is an idea I've had for quite a while for a survivalgame in much the same spirit as STN. It is basically an objective of sorts, or rather several objectives that could serve as bonding experiences for players. Maybe it could be used to create communities even.

It's rather simple really, since there are electricity in the game, why not have powerhubs scattered around the island, each powering their own region of houses (not all houses should be hooked up to these ofc, there are generators for the rest). So if this hub is running, you won't need your own generator. But this hub is making a lot of noise and attracts a LOT of zombies so it has to be defended while active. So people could take control of this hub, build a camp and keep it running for the people around, and it would be in the people living around there's best interest to help out defending that position.

I have yet to figure out how it would work realisticly when the player controlling the hub logs off for the night, the other players depending on the power from the hub would obviously get pretty f***ed over. Minor problem to solve at a later stage however.

I have a few additions to this idea that I'm keeping to myself for now, but this is an outline of what the feature would entail, what do you think? Hate it, love it? Would it be something that is wholly ignored?

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Suggested several times If I believe, but keep it up as I like the idea :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
just playing off the idea .....

it could be some thing that gets labeled under 'guild / clan control' to offset the 'single player' log off issue,
which would also create tensions and co-op play, which could swing based on real life and in game diplomatic relations

they could be placed strategically and when held and controlled for a time help create 'clean zones' (zombie free), until an island is clean, syncing up among other islands, with random horde events that break the chain of control (maybe even permanent plant destruction, or severe repair list)
this would alter the strategic value of every little village, hut, life guard chair, etc.

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
There could also be a possibility of there being wind turbines that power the powerhubs that'll be powering residences and buildings alike.

Davz Not Here

Backer
There could also be a possibility of there being wind turbines that power the powerhubs that'll be powering residences and buildings alike.
or solar, hydro, possibly geo-thermal (volcanic islands like Iceland do this)

KUROTSUTCHI

The dude abides
Backer
i like the idea also of being able to control the grid their was a game that is still in early access that was supposed to allow you to do this but it still isnt in game as of yet called the fifth day it looked like a great idea but seeing as they still havent implemented it into that game makes me sad

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
This kinda fits under both buildings and under gameplay, so I just stuffed it here...

Either way, what do I mean by "Powerhubs"? This is an idea I've had for quite a while for a survivalgame in much the same spirit as STN. It is basically an objective of sorts, or rather several objectives that could serve as bonding experiences for players. Maybe it could be used to create communities even.

It's rather simple really, since there are electricity in the game, why not have powerhubs scattered around the island, each powering their own region of houses (not all houses should be hooked up to these ofc, there are generators for the rest). So if this hub is running, you won't need your own generator. But this hub is making a lot of noise and attracts a LOT of zombies so it has to be defended while active. So people could take control of this hub, build a camp and keep it running for the people around, and it would be in the people living around there's best interest to help out defending that position.

I have yet to figure out how it would work realisticly when the player controlling the hub logs off for the night, the other players depending on the power from the hub would obviously get pretty f***ed over. Minor problem to solve at a later stage however.

I have a few additions to this idea that I'm keeping to myself for now, but this is an outline of what the feature would entail, what do you think? Hate it, love it? Would it be something that is wholly ignored?
just playing off the idea .....

it could be some thing that gets labeled under 'guild / clan control' to offset the 'single player' log off issue,
which would also create tensions and co-op play, which could swing based on real life and in game diplomatic relations

they could be placed strategically and when held and controlled for a time help create 'clean zones' (zombie free), until an island is clean, syncing up among other islands, with random horde events that break the chain of control (maybe even permanent plant destruction, or severe repair list)
this would alter the strategic value of every little village, hut, life guard chair, etc.

You should be able to build massive walls around these Zones and yes random hoard events to break down these walls and setroy the power hub would be awesome