• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

powertools

would you find powertools....

• rather usefull

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • a must

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • rather useless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a waste of energy into developing them

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

wout

Backer
everybody is talking about All kinds of modifications To vehicles and whatsoever BUT.....for that You are going To need the right tools though! Imagine jigsaws, drills , nailguns ,welders, etc . offcourse they'll take power but after All....isnt that Worth It for twice the speed en usefullnis of tools? Think about it!

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
Expand more... I'd love to go at a zombie with an electric whisk or sandwich toaster.
That being said using the power supply to charge up electric weapons would be pretty neat.

Thread starter #6

wout

Backer
Expand more... I'd love to go at a zombie with an electric whisk or sandwich toaster.
That being said using the power supply to charge up electric weapons would be pretty neat.
indeed ot would be neat although i never saw a batterycharged toaster and If It hass no battery You can only kill zeds in a 2m radius cause of ur powercord

Ocelot

Backer
I think this is an awesome idea. But maybe make them rare? Or have a lot of power consumption to compensate for the ease of life you will have.

Thread starter #9

wout

Backer
I think this is an awesome idea. But maybe make them rare? Or have a lot of power consumption to compensate for the ease of life you will have.
great idea but beware to use them u need a generator close to u because of the power cord this isn't easy either!

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Acetylene torch and a tig welder to attach racks to a vehicle. Then drill holes and put screws in the top.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
everybody is talking about All kinds of modifications To vehicles and whatsoever BUT.....for that You are going To need the right tools though! Imagine jigsaws, drills , nailguns ,welders, etc . offcourse they'll take power but after All....isnt that Worth It for twice the speed en usefullnis of tools? Think about it!
I could only see this working if the batteries didn't last very long as it would be to OP to carry a drill on you all the time

Moderator #15

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I say if we are going to use the more complicated tools, add in a welder, oxy/acetylene torches), and a battery powered drill (battery, and drill bit set separate items)... other than that, like Sawzalls, table saws, or other things you need to plug into a wall to use, I believe are a little over-complicating to the game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I'd like to see hand held power tools like battery powered saw/drill and a portable welder for jobs outside or on the go and of-course too use them against a zed if needed :)

I would love to see things like bench saws/drills etc but for these I think there would need to be a good enough reason and not just cutting more wood or drilling more holes quicker, maybe to use them for more complicated/stronger items/parts for a structure or vehicle...

+1 to hand held power tools.
Bench tools I am open to the idea.

Davz Not Here

Backer

again i will call upon 'the fixer upper' the wife and i have been working on the last 4 years

the first 18 months i did everything with hand tools, no one could tell me different, it had to be done as old school as possible
(except the roof, we had to hire somebody for that, then they taught me about roofing, while i worked)

anyway ..... at first it was a vicious amount of work, using a hand saw to cut through a 6x6 post, or using a hand held screw driver on a 3 3/4 inch decking screw ..... f$%king MURDER ..... after about 6 months it was no big deal, just another work out.

eventually i got over my need to be old school ..... then we used power tools and made some real forward progress .....

so ..... this being said ..... i think it should be more something that gets worked up to (or maybe back from) .....

working towards - at first, you have no power so hand tools are what you have but as you get enough power going (and improve your skill as a carpenter) you can use power tools (with out fear of break down or injury)

working back from - the same as above but backwards ..... we have power to start with (fresh server) but over time the grid breaks down and the player has to adapt from power tools back to hand tools .....

also ..... do the the physicality of working with hand tools ..... they're use (consistently) should improve over all health and stamina .....