• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Pre-Alpha Devblog #29 (Experimental Build Patch 0.11.29)

Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello all,

Thanks for checking out our 29th devblog! We’ve released the 0.11.29 patch to our experimental branch on Steam. Thanks very much to all the testers finding current issues. There’s a lot of testing and breaking to do so go at it! Below you can find our patch notes. The next couple of patches will be strictly on the experimental branch. The next default update will be our public alpha launch. Please do your best to check against the list of changes below and report bugs to our tracker.
  • Resolved issue causing a crash during the loading of the water and ocean.
  • Resolved errors on the client being produced when windows were smashed in areas that weren’t loaded for your client.
  • Vehicles can now be started by pressing ‘W’
  • Vehicle explosions now kill or damage the player.
  • Engine fires now produce sound.
  • Engine fires now start small and grow in size before explosion.
  • Vehicles engine smoke now stops when repairing past 60% condition.
  • Fuel station electric doors now use effects audio slider.
  • Fuel station electric doors now work again.
  • Tweaked punching reach to improve hit chance (Further improvement still needed.)
  • Spark plugs no longer break when taking them from a vehicle.
  • Voip - Microphone UI now shows when pressing to talk. Speaker UI shows when receiving proximity chat.
  • Fixed texture tiling on fuel station building.
  • Harvesting from stag no longer wrongly claims “Interaction canceled”
  • Soup and rice variant food now play animation when consuming.
  • Drinking from canteen now plays an animation.
  • Standard item decay increased to 1 day.
  • Generator should no longer decay!
  • Vehicles should no longer despawn after server restarts.
  • Added vehicle explosions to the asset reload.
  • Removed several errors being caused by the asset preload menu stage.
  • Fixed issue where zombies would glitch and stop moving correctly when the player was close to a a wall.
  • Hay bales should now return items correctly.
  • It’s now possible to purify water in a canteen via crafting.
  • It’s now possible to move water between canteen and bottles via crafting.
  • Water bottle and canteen consumables now provide the same stats.
  • Zombies can now enter shipping containers.
  • Radio now has inspect animation.
  • Resolved issue where zombies wouldn’t return items because they’d been deleted on the server.
  • Stags and chickens now remain in the world for longer after being killed. This gives players longer to harvest items.
  • ‘Silencer’ label in the inventory now says ‘Suppressor’
  • Searching dead animals no longer turns off the option when searching while you have no combat knife.
  • Reduced the range in which zombies are drawn to light.
  • Interaction with dumpsters improved.
  • Removed bush from house on terrain 44.
  • Stopped hover UI disappearing when looking directly at the interaction icon.
  • Vehicle controls no longer show in the menu when entering game very quickly.
  • Aggressive and passive AI no longer continue to roll after become rag doll.
  • Resolved issue where standard planks didn’t work on some building windows.
  • Zombies no longer play the attack animation while climbing through a window while in range of a player that can be damaged.
  • Hand warming can now be canceled when aiming or firing.
  • Hand warming over fire animation now plays quicker when first walking up to a fire and now has longer breaks between thereafter.
  • Stopped the aim accuracy buff being applied for the the weapon is fully aimed in.
  • Increased chance of finding less vibrant colored vehicles.
  • Removed error being caused by vehicles loading in.
Thanks much for the continued support. We'll keep smoothing out this .11 build and get it into proper shape for a solid alpha build. We couldn't do it without the continued dedication of backers willing to help test for issues and suggest fixes and improvements.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Thanks team gives me something new to play with. Keep at it the finishing lines within sight. Its gonna be a ripper on steam with all the work thats going in for alpha.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
‘Silencer’ label in the inventory now says ‘Suppressor’...
Rule #32. Enjoy the little things :)

hi guys! :) yeah, me again.
hope i am not going on your nerves...
i just have vacation and i play a lot now. plus because i am new to it i am very excited about the game... i guess that’s why i am so active in the forum and tracker.

here is some general .29 feedback i don’t know where else to put:

it is amazing!
- it feels so much more balanced than .26 in terms of loot and especially day-night duration! i also like the idea that standing next to a fire heals you. it gives a lot more balance with healing items which now become important only during explorations. - keeping them home in a closet anyway seemed stupid and you never had one when needed.

- car’s really rock the universe! they behave cool and really make the difference in the daily loot&root routine! fuel usage is fair and needed parts also come together quick enough.

- there is one BIG bug going on now that a lot of people experience and i think in multiple ways it is also on the tracker already: the inventory gets corrupted for unknown and not reproducable reasons. (items get overriden when at some point an item sticks to the inventory that shouldn’t. i for example suddenly had -1 worn planks and subsequently when i pick up something new, or craft something i don’t get it but i get another slot of worn planks, which show an amount of 1 but i also can’t drop or use this one. it goes as far as rewriting items/weapons already in the inventory and logging off/in only helps a bit; sometimes corrupted items are lost, the duplicates disappear but after a moment of item handling the bug is back again.) this is really game breaking atm. i have screen shot i will mabe post later on the tracker.

- don’t know if posted already somewhere else but since i am now playing with a friend i can clearly say the following: i think you need to increase the calories for food items. either that or the food loot. it is already very hard to reach the intake limited every day on your own, but it is almost impossible if you team up with somebody. even if you share, at best only one gets his calories up. and honestly... eating a full can of sausages and sauce... i think that should be more than 10% of your intake per day. :D you should see how an oven looks when we are preparing our food now!!! there are like 10 cans and 4 canteens. it’s like we are cooking for 10 people! :) yet, we still struggle to please the game and not punish us next morning for not eating enough. i also highly suggest to increase the calorie value for meat! 300 or what is it for a dear? - a big animal like that should have at least 500 since it is anyway extremely difficult to hunt: find ling range gun and ammo, find combat knive, find it, shoot it, skin it...

- (also especially for team/coopl playing) the game really urgently needs a “revive your teammate” or at least “set a spawn point”-mechanic. it really kind of ruins the experience if you finally find each other after hour of walking just to die unfortunately and respawn randomly at the other end of the map, having to walk and hopefully survive another 15 minutes of “let’s meet again”.

.29 is really cool! you are doing a fantastic job! cheers!

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
- (also especially for team/coopl playing) the game really urgently needs a “revive your teammate”
Really liking this idea... promotes teamplay and would hinder a loner taking on a group, equally good things but I would limit it in some way bringing it back to calories and overall health, so if your overall health is lower than "X" you would not have the "energy" or fight left to hold on while you're incapacitated.

I like the idea of down but not out as it can give you that extra lifeline or the choice to die fighting, yes I'd also like to be able to shoot a sidearm if you have one and ammo.

sIPX

Really liking this idea... promotes teamplay and would hinder a loner taking on a group, equally good things but I would limit it in some way bringing it back to calories and overall health, so if your overall health is lower than "X" you would not have the "energy" or fight left to hold on while you're incapacitated.

I like the idea of down but not out as it can give you that extra lifeline or the choice to die fighting, yes I'd also like to be able to shoot a sidearm if you have one and ammo.
wow! being able to be revived or better making the (classic) countdown of dying related to your overall calorie/body condition is an amazing idea to refresh this mechanic of “fight death / wait for revive”.
i thought a lot about my post yesterday and honestly the whole revive-feature as well as a set spawn point feature goes deeper than my personal wishes. it really depends where the devs want fo with this game. if they imagine full servers with more pvp than pve or more single players vs coop players and teams... having all these revive and “respawn in the next room” things would make it for example impossible for other teams to take back an important fortified structure - for example the powerplant - for/from any group whatsoever.

there should go rather deep thought into that mechanic. personally for an endgoal i suggest: just implement reviving and spawnpoints, and/but remove or limit them from some big public servers where pvp plays a more important role.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
wow! being able to be revived or better making the (classic) countdown of dying related to your overall calorie/body condition is an amazing idea to refresh this mechanic of “fight death / wait for revive”.
i thought a lot about my post yesterday and honestly the whole revive-feature as well as a set spawn point feature goes deeper than my personal wishes. it really depends where the devs want fo with this game. if they imagine full servers with more pvp than pve or more single players vs coop players and teams... having all these revive and “respawn in the next room” things would make it for example impossible for other teams to take back an important fortified structure - for example the powerplant - for/from any group whatsoever.

there should go rather deep thought into that mechanic. personally for an endgoal i suggest: just implement reviving and spawnpoints, and/but remove or limit them from some big public servers where pvp plays a more important role.
I agree with what you say but you'd have to choose very wisley over the ability to let players spawn again after a death as it could be a bad choice for survival/perma death gameplay... Imo if done it would really need to make sense and not take away from the core game.
I do have an idea for spawning near friends I've thrown out before... a bug-out-bag, it would need to-be craftable placeable equipment , maybe made using a rucksack and survival essentials, scissors, bandages, stuff like that you'd sacrifice and something you would spawn at only after a death with one use and it's gone (can not use it to leave and re-join), or maybe you could have tiered versions.. like add some duct tape and some extra meds to create an extra pouch for one or two extra uses.

I can already think of ways to "exploit" this but it's a rough idea and needs to-be somewhere appropriate... I looked but my bugout bag thread is gone or it was an idea thrown into the ether of some other thread :)

Last edited: