• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Pre recorded Voice

Is this a good feature to have for this game?

• No, Let the people without headsets get shot

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes, It would be fair to those who dont have headsets

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Good Day,

I was playing some RE outbreak and I was finding it hilarious to mash the button for the character to shout out random things. I than began to think back to my first days playing DAYZ and the mod. I didn't have a MIC. I couldn't tell people I was friendly or not. I think it would be a cool feature to have a voice button on the keypad with a scroll menu to allow players without headsets a chance to say BASIC things such as:

I am friendly
Don't shoot
Get away from me
Help me please (lol)
and others

I could see how this might get annoying if someone is just spamming the button, all you hear in every direction is someone calling for help. But it would be a nice small addition to allow those who do not have a mic or want to talk to anyone. Could be a good use for a bandit as well. Sit in a house and ask for help and draw in the unsuspected hero!

Let me know what you think. Outbreak is still fun as ever BTW :)

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Based on the pros and cons I have come to a conclusion.....I cant make one. Yes I do see It coming in handy for those without mics being able to do minor communication, although at the same time there is that percent of people who will use it to be annoying. Although we could always use a typing chat for those who don't have mics. It causes them to stop actively playing for a second but you can type a small statement pretty fast. Plus they would have to put some time into implementing the system, so I find myself more toward the "no" side of things. But I would be fine with it either way. This is a good post, good idea!

Thread starter #3

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Crazypineapple55 I do see what you are saying about the text chat being the primary use for non MIC users but (in my mind) typing to someone versus having the ability to speak sorta breaks immersion. Was thinking more of the ability to keep the immersive behavior going in these types of scenarios. But it is kinda pointless to have haha :)