• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Prison building

add a prison to the game?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
It would be cool if they added a prison into the game and it was surrounded with chain link fences and had guard towers which you could snipe from. It could also have different cell blocks which you can turn into a base and the prison could have really good loot like riot gear and stuff. And maybe it could have a key in one of the warden offices which can open all the cell doors.or Maybe there could be zombies wearing riot gear. Also what about an alarm which could go off randomly unless you turn it off in the power room?

cell block

guard tower

riot gear

zombies in riot gear

it would be awesome if they add this to the game. let me know what you think of the idea.

Shadowone

Backer
If they do have a type of structure like this in the game can bet it will be a favorite base of operations for sure! On separate note I am wondering if there will be any type of small military base. I know from other discussions I've read it will be a urban setup and not have any large towns\cities, so I'm sure for now things may be some what limited as to what type of strictures will be available to fortify.

Truth

Backer
I love the idea of big bases like a prison or a hospital or something.
It should be hard to defend thou, or at least hard to fortify, like you should need a lot of stuff to make that base work, so that you need a big group to move in and make this your home.

Facerafter

Backer
I love the idea of big bases like a prison or a hospital or something.
It should be hard to defend thou, or at least hard to fortify, like you should need a lot of stuff to make that base work, so that you need a big group to move in and make this your home.
I would rather see those bases constantly swarmed with zombies and with rare loot.

Truth

Backer
I would rather see those bases constantly swarmed with zombies and with rare loot.
Yea something like that, so that you need a big group and it needs effort to defend that base.
Just like in the walking dead, where that picture is from. :)

Rhyveeo

Designer
Backer
If they do have a type of structure like this in the game can bet it will be a favorite base of operations for sure! On separate note I am wondering if there will be any type of small military base. I know from other discussions I've read it will be a urban setup and not have any large towns\cities, so I'm sure for now things may be some what limited as to what type of strictures will be available to fortify.
It would be the perfect base, but also the perfect target for bandits :)

Batroel

Backer
hospitals are kinda scary...besides the fact that it would be the first place filled with infected

Moby

Backer
A prison would be really cool to fortify but in my opinion it could be somewhat too much for the original urban setup of the game. I think police stations with small cells would be the best alternative.

Facerafter

Backer
Im already picturing a big prison held by a large group of survivors. People having their own cell, that they would be using as room.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Hospitals, prisons, towers... I'm all for it :D Voted "yes".

Truth

Backer
Yes, I'd like to see some kind of Alcatraz island, it would make one hell of a base.
As i wrote above, it has to be fair, like the island/prison has to be hard to capture ( lot of zombies and stuff ) and hard to fortify, so that you NEED a group.
Then every Cell door should be lockable so that your group can live in there and everyone could have his own stuff locked in his cell.
That would be awesome.. :D

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
As i wrote above, it has to be fair, like the island/prison has to be hard to capture ( lot of zombies and stuff ) and hard to fortify, so that you NEED a group.
Then every Cell door should be lockable so that your group can live in there and everyone could have his own stuff locked in his cell.
That would be awesome.. :D
That would be more than awesome :)
To be honest it makes perfect sense, because the game is based on islands so why not have a little island with a prison on it like Alcatraz? Sounds like it could be a thing, right?

Mister AJ

Joe's best buddy
Backer
Why did you not just ask for them to make a new Walking Dead game based on the TV series? It would've saved a lot of time. As for the idea it'd probably be a popular location where everyone would go and try to take over which would get annoying. Especially because of the guard towers, you'd just get shot if you went within half a mile of the place.

Why did you not just ask for them to make a new Walking Dead game based on the TV series? It would've saved a lot of time. As for the idea it'd probably be a popular location where everyone would go and try to take over which would get annoying. Especially because of the guard towers, you'd just get shot if you went within half a mile of the place.
That...is very true. I'm thinking like having 4 or so 'large base buildings or areas' like one prison, one hospital, one bank, and one farm. So it would kinda be like gang wars going on between the groups who control their base and everyone else in the town or city scavenging or fortifying. And each base would be plentiful in a particular resource ie, the hospital has a lot of meds, the prison has guns, bank is very fortified, farm has a lot of food etc...