1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private servers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mr.Highroller, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Mr.Highroller

Mr.Highroller New Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Hey guys,

I was playing the first day it had a "full" release and all the servers were their own.
    I just was playing yesterday and there were some named servers and they were mostly locked.
    Is it possible to start up my own server to change loot and such?

2. Wihlborg

Wihlborg Member Backer

Jun 13, 2017
  3. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    https://allgamer.net/game-servers/survive-the-nights/ you can rent a private server from AllGamer, they are the official provider for StN

4. forever9508

forever9508 New Member Backer

Dec 20, 2017
  5. VIPERU2

VIPERU2 New Member Backer

Jul 30, 2015
    When will other providers be able to host this? as allgamer is horrible for me not saying they are a bad host just not for me.

6. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    allgamers are really competent. any issue has been corrected really really quick. even if you broke it lol.

7. VIPERU2

Jul 30, 2015
    like i said i have nothing against allgamers they are simply not for me which is why im asking when other providers will be able to host.

8. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    well eventually you will be able to host your self. im not sure any others will host until they release backend

9. VIPERU2

Jul 30, 2015
    do we have any idea when that is?

10. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    after they get it more stable probally end of alpha or beta

11. Clinton

Clinton Server Administrator Staff Member AllGamer Staff

Jul 25, 2014
    I'd love to hear the what the issue is. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer to keep it private. If it's something we can remedy or work on I'd really like to get that taken care of. Thanks!

OhDemGames likes this.
  12. VIPERU2

Jul 30, 2015
    Like i said there is no issue i'm sure they are great. The fact is they don't host near me and the cost is higher than i would get somewhere else. I also hate when a game picks one hosting company and then that hosting company charges what they feel as they don't have competition. Miscreated did the same thing and said it was temporary and then changed their minds and said they were not going to release server files and they only have one provider. I just want to know that there will be other companies able to host the game and when that might be.

13. Clinton

Clinton Server Administrator Staff Member AllGamer Staff

Jul 25, 2014
    Right now the cost is barely above break even. The problem right now is how many resources the servers use and it can wildly vary. We see 5-12GB of RAM per STN server. So even if we were pricing on $5/GB of RAM which is very cheap when the servers are specced for CPU over RAM we'd only be making $5 per server at best and that's before processing fees and taxes. So realistically you wouldn't be able to get a better price somewhere else unless they were cramming people onto overloaded boxes.

OhDemGames likes this.
  14. VIPERU2

Jul 30, 2015
    The cost for any type of data center or hosting is the not the same everywhere. I am certain if other hosting providers were available it would definitely be cheaper with out sacrificing performance and we could get smaller servers and not have to get a 30 slot server. That is the reason you can shop around and find cheaper hosts for various games some hosts just charge what they want not saying you guys do that just saying it happens.

15. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    who did you have in mind to host

16. Dark Purveyor

Dark Purveyor New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    I think the price is more than reasonable. Is there a server licence for the game, or is it user licences; each person must purchase?

17. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Im sure theres rented servers if you want to pay for them, dunno what the status on the dedicated server is.