1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress Update and Technical Overview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Jayty, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Wrong spot, was suppose to be in hobbies/sports. Guess i put it in sig.
    (shows up hobbies or whatever under information, took me a couple links to find profile info)

2. fresh1026

fresh1026 Well-Known Member Backer

Jan 5, 2017
    One thing is for sure thoes of us out there waiting patiently for the game to release want it to be a good alpha and a outstanding official release. This can be the case I believe do to the fact that the devs listen to the supportive community and what we think, because in all actuality without us there is no game if you think about it, there would be no community, also no motivation to even produce the game. I believe along with many supportive people on this forum that this game has great potential to be one of the best survival games to be released, like I have said in the past they have a leg up do to the fact that they actually listen to the community unlike many major AAA titles out there. I hope the dev team keeps on listening and develops a great game overall. Hey maybe you could even pass up player unknown's Battleground's on release. :3 ( I would like to see that anyone else?)

Num47, Sneakydude and JB_ like this.
  3. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    Hmm success at the box office can have awesome results, but i am rather skeptical due to negative reviews on every alpha build they make. So this is why we "Backers" better put out some good bugs, reports etc.. before steam release.

I am all in, getting more devs behind the project, but it can hurt too. It means JB, JayT etc... and the other members of the team might not get any sleep for weeks :)

Montauk and Dr. J like this.
  4. Josograhy

Josograhy Member Backer

Mar 25, 2017
    Its been almost a month and no new update??:(

5. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    This is the most exciting part of the journey we all on ... We can all interact with 'our' development team.
    Unlike other games, they are never far away from us, and always willing to talk.
    @fresh1026 - I think even without us the team would still be writing the game ... they have passion!

Sneakydude likes this.
  6. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    They are compiling it to smaller builds right now, last that was there was 50gb. Best info i can give you, plus anything else outstanding. It is just a matter of time now.

Dr. J likes this.
  7. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    ... soon ...

Ghetto Kowboy and Sneakydude like this.
  8. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    You know, i wouldn't want everything handed to us prior to alpha. I want to see it first. Spoilers suck for me, especially for a first time entering the game. Some of you already got into the stress tests, i however haven't seen it.

I like the Ohhh Awe!! factor personally.

9. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    The stress tests were 'exactly that' ... just testing out the game engine and server loading. :)
    Apart from being able to explore a small area of the map near Old Town, there wasn't much that will probably bear any correlation to how we all see the game in it's alpha format.
    As long as we can still chop down trees, I'll be happy!

Ghetto Kowboy likes this.
  10. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    You right but in a way I think we will help a bit don't you think? Like I know when I have some support in the back I get more of a boost and it makes me want to get something done even more.

11. Jean-Francois Densoyers

Jean-Francois Densoyers New Member Backer

Nov 28, 2016
    It begins to be long the exit of the game!
    This fact several months for which we wait and we has no more news

12. FuzioN

FuzioN Well-Known Member Backer

Nov 12, 2014
    I actually do that i frequently watch shroud and summit playing it.

ive just played to much h1z1 to be willing to pay for this early, i want to se a bit of development and balance and ofc optimization before i buy it but if all goes well im prolly buying it next month or so.

13. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    You know what would be cool if there was NPC's to trade with and what they have depends on what other players have traded with them so it will be a in game market. Also I was wondering does anyone have a RP server ready for launch that would awesome because this game seems like the best candidate for it.

14. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    they might not have the self ran server option when they release but i think its something they plan on doing.. i could be wrong tho

Sneakydude likes this.
  15. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    No your not wrong, your correct. It has been mentioned by the Devs that we will not have self ran Dedi servers, but only GSP servers for now. They have a contract and good rates with one company. There will be a number of Offical servers at the start, and Clinton has expressed that.

Clinton likes this.
  16. MiniMiku

MiniMiku Active Member Backer

Jan 10, 2017
    When we get new infos for the Backer alpha start? :/

17. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    "When it's ready"

18. Masondw

Masondw The hype train is real! Backer

Feb 22, 2017
    Jb said he was working on a update for this weekend, so at some point should post how things are going. But they've been super busy working on it!

19. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    honestly more people bother them with the "show me updates" the longer it takes, when the game is ready it will be ready

Ghetto Kowboy likes this.
  20. Drowsytoast

Drowsytoast Member Backer

Jun 4, 2016
    just checking in years later where we at boys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.