1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress Update and Technical Overview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Jayty, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    You know, i wouldn't want everything handed to us prior to alpha. I want to see it first. Spoilers suck for me, especially for a first time entering the game. Some of you already got into the stress tests, i however haven't seen it.

I like the Ohhh Awe!! factor personally.

2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    The stress tests were 'exactly that' ... just testing out the game engine and server loading. :)
    Apart from being able to explore a small area of the map near Old Town, there wasn't much that will probably bear any correlation to how we all see the game in it's alpha format.
    As long as we can still chop down trees, I'll be happy!

Ghetto Kowboy likes this.
  3. fresh1026

fresh1026 Well-Known Member Backer

Jan 5, 2017
    You right but in a way I think we will help a bit don't you think? Like I know when I have some support in the back I get more of a boost and it makes me want to get something done even more.

4. Jean-Francois Densoyers

Jean-Francois Densoyers New Member Backer

Nov 28, 2016
    It begins to be long the exit of the game!
    This fact several months for which we wait and we has no more news

5. FuzioN

FuzioN Well-Known Member Backer

Nov 12, 2014
    I actually do that i frequently watch shroud and summit playing it.

ive just played to much h1z1 to be willing to pay for this early, i want to se a bit of development and balance and ofc optimization before i buy it but if all goes well im prolly buying it next month or so.

6. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    You know what would be cool if there was NPC's to trade with and what they have depends on what other players have traded with them so it will be a in game market. Also I was wondering does anyone have a RP server ready for launch that would awesome because this game seems like the best candidate for it.

7. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    they might not have the self ran server option when they release but i think its something they plan on doing.. i could be wrong tho

Sneakydude likes this.
  8. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    No your not wrong, your correct. It has been mentioned by the Devs that we will not have self ran Dedi servers, but only GSP servers for now. They have a contract and good rates with one company. There will be a number of Offical servers at the start, and Clinton has expressed that.

Clinton likes this.
  9. MiniMiku

MiniMiku Active Member Backer

Jan 10, 2017
    When we get new infos for the Backer alpha start? :/

10. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    "When it's ready"

11. Masondw

Masondw The hype train is real! Backer

Feb 22, 2017
    Jb said he was working on a update for this weekend, so at some point should post how things are going. But they've been super busy working on it!

12. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    honestly more people bother them with the "show me updates" the longer it takes, when the game is ready it will be ready

Ghetto Kowboy likes this.
  13. Drowsytoast

Drowsytoast Member Backer

Jun 4, 2016
    just checking in years later where we at boys?

14. Christian Dave Ponceja

Christian Dave Ponceja Member Backer

Dec 29, 2016
    Chill guys. Have some faith and we will get our update soon

Dr. J likes this.
  15. Peon

Peon Member Backer

Dec 4, 2016
    "We aren't talking months here guys!" Tm

16. Dark Rider 400

Dark Rider 400 Informed Pre-Orderer Backer

Jan 20, 2017
    @JB_ How's that update coming along? :)

17. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    One of the problems this little team of developers have is they can't stay away with interacting with people in the community (!)
    And yes, we are a great community here - best I've seen in any type of forums.
    Perhaps, if we stopped asking when the game would be released, or when we'd get an update on progress, they'd have more time to work on those two things (amongst all the other things they're working on).

Come on everyone, let's just cut the team a little slack. Please?
    We all want to play STN, we all want an update. But do you work round the clock on projects? Are you 'always' there for the people in general? (I'll include our forum mods in this).
    I've seldom logged on here and not seen a member of the dev. team or a mod online.

Num47 and !!APB!! ZXET like this.
  18. SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor Well-Known Member Backer

Jan 1, 2017
    They'll have an update out "soon". I heard the keyboard on their update posting computer failed and it'll be a few weeks before they can get a new one.

JB_, Num47 and Dr. J like this.
  19. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    "Keyboard error, press any key to continue"!

How many times in my long IT career did I see that? Far too many.
    [sorry everyone, I'm rather cluttering this thread and getting off topic - Mods, please feel free to delete my comments]

20. fresh1026

Jan 5, 2017
    Well I don't think he promised a update this weekend he said he would try to do it this weekend so don't go crazy doods. Just hold on to your pants all things will come in do time.

Dr. J likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.