• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Progress Update and Technical Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
Prolly another one of those misunderstandings that happen on here regularly :)

I think more clarification on the missed December date is required. cos it's only April, December is like 8 months away, so I'd like to know how they missed a date 8 months in the future...damned Devs *shakes fist at monitor* ;)
Yea I was just making light of every update since they missed the December release jb has had to explain why. Hell I'd hate to put out an update if I knew that was coming every time.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Are you saying my comment is negative.
Please, as @strategos2411 said, it's a misunderstanding. We are all here in the forums to make this game better. If I have offended you, you have my humble apologies.

It matters not of the day it comes! They may well have seen a release at some stage ... in any job that's true, not just development .. the difference being that most developers have past projects to compare deadlines with, this is their first major project and deadlines will change.

It makes it a best guess scenario, and I'm happy to wait just as long as it comes.

I may be a new member here ... but I've been watching development and waiting to make sure it was a worthy investment .. as early access has stung many people before ! But from reading and observing the devs on this one, it seems genuinely like they want to make a game they would play themselves .. and hopefully profit heavily along the way :D
From my standpoint, this game has been a 'worthy investment'... If we all get a game out of it, so much the better. But the journey together has been the important thing :)

monokoi

Backer
Prolly another one of those misunderstandings that happen on here regularly :)

I think more clarification on the missed December date is required. cos it's only April, December is like 8 months away, so I'd like to know how they missed a date 8 months in the future...damned Devs *shakes fist at monitor* ;)
Coming from a member of staff, I find this inappropriate. So far I've sided with the devs or at least kept quite.
Taking the Mickey out of customers now?

JB_

Developer
Developer
They'll have an update out "soon". I heard the keyboard on their update posting computer failed and it'll be a few weeks before they can get a new one.
So cheeky, update out this weekend. Nothing amazing, we could speculate dates now but seems silly to do that again. I'll try and include some short videos of AI or .gifs at least. Lots of people want to see zeds, they're nothing amazing yet but should be good fun.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Coming from a member of staff, I find this inappropriate. So far I've sided with the devs or at least kept quite.
Can't tell if you're serious? @strategos2411 is clearly being sarcastic in his post. He's also not a member of 'staff' he donates far too much time to these forums.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Nope, he knew/knows where @RickGrimesdd was/is coming from, he's joking about/busting balls for laughs... as like me, he probably knows a few "personalities" that comes with our names and knows who is being serious and when... and when to be serious or not himself... hope so, he is lead mod :rolleyes::p

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Not taking the mick out of customers, just making light of another misunderstanding on the forums, and as JB said, i'm not staff, they couldn't afford me :D so I volunteer my free time to moderate and stuff for the team

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not taking the mick out of customers, just making light of another misunderstanding on the forums, and as JB said, i'm not staff, they couldn't afford me :D so I volunteer my free time to moderate and stuff for the team
Right with you there @strategos2411 , I think we'd both be able to bankrupt this project within a week!
Like you, I'm in for the long term.
We've backed an idea, a dream from the Dev. team.
You're a form mod, I'm just a 'fan boy'.
It's the journey we're taking together with the team that is important to me.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
So cheeky, update out this weekend. Nothing amazing, we could speculate dates now but seems silly to do that again. I'll try and include some short videos of AI or .gifs at least. Lots of people want to see zeds, they're nothing amazing yet but should be good fun.
lol no speculate away

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
lol i am sure he was answering a question i asked if i didnt get butt hurt about it why should anyone else

I've sorted his badge, we're not far off some keys now.

You think JB's would have learn by now ! lmao !

The Restless

Khris-Chronic
Backer
Isn't This Exactly What Dayz Did? Pushed back an alpha for years then released basically nothing?

Not saying that you all are releasing nothing, or are pushing it back for years, but don't promise anymore dates or coming soon if you don't know. It creates false hopes and gets people discouraged. You can't keep hype for a game if you continue to do this.

Still waiting though.
Hopefully not for years

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Isn't This Exactly What Dayz Did? Pushed back an alpha for years then released basically nothing?

Not saying that you all are releasing nothing, or are pushing it back for years, but don't promise anymore dates or coming soon if you don't know. It creates false hopes and gets people discouraged. You can't keep hype for a game if you continue to do this.

Still waiting though.
Hopefully not for years
My own personal opinion is it won't be anywhere near years!
[Disclaimer time again - I have no interaction with the team at @a2z(Interactive); except via threes forums. My comments here and opinions are strictly mine]
I haven't followed the DayZ development process myself. But I think it was built by a small team, much smaller than we have here.
This community is all about keeping the dream alive.
If we can all 'get behind' the dev. team, and mentally give them more reason to bring us "the game they want to play", then that's what we should be doing.
I'll end this here, before I go off on too much of a rant about supporting the team (!)

way420

Survivor
Backer

Still waiting though.
Hopefully not for years

I think of it this way its there first game they could of gave us the game back at the second test but they are alil worried they don't want to launch a game that isn't or dosnt feel ready they want us to llke it right away not cry for refund the first 20 mins in I don't blame them as far as when I do feel its soon :mad: better be I'm getting grey hairs waiting :mad: but give them a chance and we might see sumthin great and jb is just wishin soon to so he can get in and shot sum nay sayers lol

I think of it this way its there first game they could of gave us the game back at the second test but they are alil worried they don't want to launch a game that isn't or dosnt feel ready they want us to llke it right away not cry for refund the first 20 mins in I don't blame them as far as when I do feel its soon :mad: better be I'm getting grey hairs waiting :mad: but give them a chance and we might see sumthin great and jb is just wishin soon to so he can get in and shot sum nay sayers lol
Well the wait is both good and bad.. If people wait too long they will give up on the game. I understand that they want to release a high quality product but they shouldn't wait for too long... Personally the wait doesn't bother me but it bothers a lot of other people..

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
None of us should give up on our dreams, but as @Александр says, we don't want to wait too long for them.
Unlike @way420, I've been almost completely grey for a few years now, but as they say, we should give the team the 'room' they need to bring this game to us.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
My own personal opinion is it won't be anywhere near years!
[Disclaimer time again - I have no interaction with the team at @a2z(Interactive); except via threes forums. My comments here and opinions are strictly mine]
I haven't followed the DayZ development process myself. But I think it was built by a small team, much smaller than we have here.
This community is all about keeping the dream alive.
If we can all 'get behind' the dev. team, and mentally give them more reason to bring us "the game they want to play", then that's what we should be doing.
I'll end this here, before I go off on too much of a rant about supporting the team (!)
Bohemia interactive is a huge studio
. literally when dayz dropped nothing worked at all. you ran around till you starved to death or beat to death

Status
Not open for further replies.