• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Progress Update and Technical Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Bohemia interactive is a huge studio
. literally when dayz dropped nothing worked at all. you ran around till you starved to death or beat to death
And not to mention it was a direct asset import from Arma and dayz mod. Two years later they bragged about a new zombie, a fucking spider/monkey zombie directly imported from the mod, which was so broken it actually caused people to stop playing. 3 years later they had their first vehicle, VS army truck, i wondered for 2 seconds "why army truck" oh yeah fucking arma import.
And now apparently dayz is going BETA, and they dont even have stamina implemented yet. Pls do not use Bohemia or Dayz as comparisons for STN. At least use someone positive like The Fun Pimps and 7d2d

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
STN will be completely different from other zombie survival games.
It's one of the reasons the community here in the forums continue to support it.
We know that the game the Dev.s want us to have will be very different from anything else we've seen in this genre so far.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
And not to mention it was a direct asset import from Arma and dayz mod. Two years later they bragged about a new zombie, a fucking spider/monkey zombie directly imported from the mod, which was so broken it actually caused people to stop playing. 3 years later they had their first vehicle, VS army truck, i wondered for 2 seconds "why army truck" oh yeah fucking arma import.
And now apparently dayz is going BETA, and they dont even have stamina implemented yet. Pls do not use Bohemia or Dayz as comparisons for STN. At least use someone positive like The Fun Pimps and 7d2d
dude i hate when one gets behind you it sounds like a whole horde of them. and now they dont give up for 30 mins chasing you.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
dude i hate when one gets behind you it sounds like a whole horde of them. and now they dont give up for 30 mins chasing you.
Haha, i gave up after one chased me from one town to another, it was so funny as he had much slower animation so had to glide to keep up with me, and this is Beta?????

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
Haha, i gave up after one chased me from one town to another, it was so funny as he had much slower animation so had to glide to keep up with me, and this is Beta?????
just slow down and when he gets ready to swing run fast again then he gives up lol. there going beta and they haven't put half the shit they said they were going to.playerunknowns battleground took most of there player community if STN came out it would most likely take the rest

AerynSuun

USA
Backer
My own personal opinion is it won't be anywhere near years!
[Disclaimer time again - I have no interaction with the team at @a2z(Interactive); except via threes forums. My comments here and opinions are strictly mine]
I haven't followed the DayZ development process myself. But I think it was built by a small team, much smaller than we have here.
This community is all about keeping the dream alive.
If we can all 'get behind' the dev. team, and mentally give them more reason to bring us "the game they want to play", then that's what we should be doing.
I'll end this here, before I go off on too much of a rant about supporting the team (!)
I half way support your saying, do not forget the financial investment made to support or 'get behind' the dev team. They should some obligation to investors.

I supported DayZ years back dev promised so much and it is pretty much at the same alpha state.

RakkSixx

Rendevous with Destiny. Rakkasan.
Backer
I literally forgot about the game again...until I was surfing Steam Greenlight. So when it does go live it will be like a big suprise...again. Yay!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I half way support your saying, do not forget the financial investment made to support or 'get behind' the dev team. They should some obligation to investors.

I supported DayZ years back dev promised so much and it is pretty much at the same alpha state.
Yes, we've all 'ponied up' here.
But here's a question for you...
How much enjoyment have for got from contributing to these forums?
It's all here for you - talk about the game / talk about (almost) anything else in the off topic forums.
To me [self confessed STN fan-boy], that in itself is worth the investment I made.
We've all been on a journey together, that's what's the most important thing.
People from all over this world, coming together to add ideas to the project, to 'work' with the small Dev. team.
The only thing we all agree on is this is a fantastic game idea. And that is just brilliant!

Epicyclic

Backer
I have been following this game patiently since PSIsydicate showcased it back in 2014, I have high hopes for this title, owning 7dtd, Days SA, Miscreated and many hours in survival on Arma 3 (exile, breaking point, epoch) and i still believe this is the one game that will fill all the holes the rest present.

I am as eager as the rest to see this develop, even tough I have not yet backed (that does not matter, I am a future potential customer, like many others), however, I have quietly restrained my patience until now, and it is not because the game is not released, I am still willing to wait no matter what. It's the community becoming toxic with haters and fanboys.

As much as someone questioning JB on "where is the game" is as bad as " get over it and wait" all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire, and creating a toxic community.

You all know who you are, just quit, there is no room for competition or rivalry on the forums. Support the Devs with your ideas and encouragement, when negativity is displayed from both sides, its sees no equalization.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I have been following this game patiently since PSIsydicate showcased it back in 2014, I have high hopes for this title, owning 7dtd, Days SA, Miscreated and many hours in survival on Arma 3 (exile, breaking point, epoch) and i still believe this is the one game that will fill all the holes the rest present.

I am as eager as the rest to see this develop, even tough I have not yet backed (that does not matter, I am a future potential customer, like many others), however, I have quietly restrained my patience until now, and it is not because the game is not released, I am still willing to wait no matter what. It's the community becoming toxic with haters and fanboys.

As much as someone questioning JB on "where is the game" is as bad as " get over it and wait" all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire, and creating a toxic community.

You all know who you are, just quit, there is no room for competition or rivalry on the forums. Support the Devs with your ideas and encouragement, when negativity is displayed from both sides, its sees no equalization.
I whole heartedly agree we should be behind the dev team here.
@Epicyclic , well we all want to play as soon as we can, so some negative comments on the game are a little understandable. But you haven't invested yet? Come on, put your money in!

Epicyclic

Backer
Dr J, I will put my money in when I feel ready, the early access community has a lot to be wary of. I appreciate that you agree with me, however,it is comments like "But you haven't invested yet? Come on, put your money in!" that are influential in there meaning, I am sure you only mean this positively, however, there are folk that will not appreciate such comments for there own personal reasons, the community needs to stop being ying and yang towards the game release and development, just neutral. Anyway i hope i do not offend (that is not my purpose) In the meantime why don't we all take a chill pill while waiting for STN, and go sailing, I was just enjoying a new game called Sailaway, not in the same genre as STN, a sailing sim. one Dev has worked to deliver a solid early access with this one in 2 years, kudos to this guy, yes it needs polishing and a lot more adding but i do believe he has done a very good job solo.

check it out, only a recommendation, do your research.

AerynSuun

USA
Backer
Yes, we've all 'ponied up' here.
But here's a question for you...
How much enjoyment have for got from contributing to these forums?
It's all here for you - talk about the game / talk about (almost) anything else in the off topic forums.
To me [self confessed STN fan-boy], that in itself is worth the investment I made.
We've all been on a journey together, that's what's the most important thing.
People from all over this world, coming together to add ideas to the project, to 'work' with the small Dev. team.
The only thing we all agree on is this is a fantastic game idea. And that is just brilliant!
Love the original goal that is why I funded the game and I hope to see it come to its fullness. I missed the stress tests because I do not monitor the forums as required, so I hope I do not miss out on the keys and I hope I do not have to monitor the forums often for them.

Do you know if we will be emailed when the steam keys drop?

Found the link

https://community.survivethenights....nd-technical-overview.8063/page-19#post-78952

Nice! Do not have to monitor the forum.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Dr J, I will put my money in when I feel ready, the early access community has a lot to be wary of. I appreciate that you agree with me, however,it is comments like "But you haven't invested yet? Come on, put your money in!" that are influential in there meaning, I am sure you only mean this positively, however, there are folk that will not appreciate such comments for there own personal reasons, the community needs to stop being ying and yang towards the game release and development, just neutral. Anyway i hope i do not offend (that is not my purpose) In the meantime why don't we all take a chill pill while waiting for STN, and go sailing, I was just enjoying a new game called Sailaway, not in the same genre as STN, a sailing sim. one Dev has worked to deliver a solid early access with this one in 2 years, kudos to this guy, yes it needs polishing and a lot more adding but i do believe he has done a very good job solo.

check it out, only a recommendation, do your research.
@Epicyclic - I hear you loud and clear!
Many games have not made it, or under delivered. I am a self confessed STN fan-boy.
I'm right behind the team at @a2z(Interactive); in supporting this game. The journey has been fantastic.
But you know, you're right, perhaps I should be a little more neutral?
I understand you holding off until you can see something that is released and playable, worth your hard earned cash, :)
I'll be having a look at sailaway in more detail shortly, but I still want to 'save' myself for STN!
You say it's just one person who has written it? If that's true, then todays kudos award goes to them!
I found the website - https://www.sailawaysimulator.com/ , and it looks slick as anything!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@AerynSuun , you won't miss the game release (as you've spotted, the Steam keys will be mailed out), but I think you're missing out on the 'bigger picture'... This game is all about our journey with the Dev. team and the forum mods., both here, and on the dedicated Discord channel. My personal opinion is if you can put more in, you'll get more out. Imagine what might happen if a suggestion you post gets included in the game? Boasting rights!

lashton

Backer
Roadmap aka the change-log is not being updated as it would take that time away from working on getting this out to us.

Stuff is happening just not on there... the last few updates have showed us what they have done instead of updating the change-log... so ignore it for the time being.
His twitter says "96 year old pro gamer from Saturn. I attended college with your momz!"

I find that offensive lol

If this the kind of person to be associated with

Last edited:

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
His twitter says "96 year old pro gamer from Saturn. I attended college with your momz!"

Ahahahahaha, what? Don't see how my personal twitter account has anything to do with StN or the Dev team. The way I behave on the forums does however, and if the devs have an issue with how I've acted i'd happily step down from the Mod position, they are well aware of this.

And there is much worse things on Twitter than my profile, and technically, because I am 35(from earth not Saturn, and clearly not 96) and attended college about 16 years ago, there is an actual chance that I went to college with some backers Mums(IF their mum attended the same college as me ofc, which would be a hell of a coincidence :) )

PS - I'm also crap at most games

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Ahahahahaha, what? Don't see how my personal twitter account has anything to do with StN or the Dev team. The way I behave on the forums does however, and if the devs have an issue with how I've acted i'd happily step down from the Mod position, they are well aware of this.

And there is much worse things on Twitter than my profile, and technically, because I am 35(from earth not Saturn, and clearly not 96) and attended college about 16 years ago, there is an actual chance that I went to college with some backers Mums(IF their mum attended the same college as me ofc, which would be a hell of a coincidence :) )

PS - I'm also crap at most games
You monster

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

You quoted me for what reason?

No where did I mention anyone... I was talking about the change-log.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@strategos2411
We need you! Please don't go (!) [KC & The Sunshine Band, anyone?]
People like you who give to this forum and community are one of the reasons I am so involved with the game.
You, the rest of the mods. and the Dev team are what makes this journey so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.