• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Protection and armour!

Thread starter #1

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
Let's make this the list of all wanted pieces of protection against zombies or human assailants!! Post your suggestion below!

Covers (arms, shoulders, thighs, shins) - Bracers made out of either cotton, leather or kevlar.
- Cotton Bracers can be found very easily and provide little protection with low durability.
- Leather Bracers can only be crafted from hides you've collected while hunting. They provide moderate protection and have moderate durability.
- Kevlar Bracers would be very rare to find, but provide a lot of protection and can withstand a lot of punishment.
Bracers would, depending on quality, decrease the chance of getting bitten on a particular limb by a small margin or by a drastic amount. A single set of Bracers would protect left and right limb, but one sent of Bracers can only go on one part of the limb. E.g. If you find a single set of cotton Bracers, you can only place them on both - your left and arm thigh, shin etc.

More tba!

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
I like the idea of fabricated armor. like aluminium sideing and gutters being used for armor

TheClassiness

That'd be pretty cool, hopefully the added protection could be balanced out with slower walkspeed or something like that. As much as I like to be protected, if you can't fight someone with armour you should be able to run away.

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
as far as armor there are very simple solutions. DUCT TAPE + PHONE BOOK =

Fallen Angel

Backer
I'd love to be able to craft and modify armors that way. Deciding of which material clothing/armor should be would be very important and most materials have special properties. And you could introduce more layers where clothing and armor is put on like in Kingdom comes or what the game is called again :) But on the other side you have always watch the weight of your belongings and if you are still able to swim across a river, climb above a wall and such kind.

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
I like this, even just improvised armor using sport gear would be awesome.
lol - you know there's going to be roving player groups who call themselves 'Ceaser's Legion'! We'll have to make the NCR Rangers just to keep 'em in check!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I like the idea of adding things to make improvised armor, I wrote a faction for Survarium(Fingers Crossed it gets Picked) that used improvised hunting armor. I looked at a lot of things and you would be surprised at the things that you can buy, amazon and probably other stores sell kevlar in different forms. I have seen kevlar baclava's, kevlar backpacks, kevlar forearm and elbow sleeves(Think of a article of clothing and its been made with kevlar) with the right store you can turn yourself into a kevlar ninja. They could probably add really rare sheet's of kevlar that could be used to create a piece of kevlar clothing or you might be able to break down existing kevlar items for the material.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/912PHSr4JnL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31-mZCJEwVL._SX342_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91N3KZJNNCL._SY450_.jpg

I really like the idea of DIY armor/armor addons I am a big fan of Mad Max and really almost every post apoc movie so I really hope the creation of armor is fairly in-depth, something I saw in Z Nation that might help against zombie bites were shoe soles. A young sniper in the show named 10K uses shoulder/upper arm guards made from the rubber soles of sneakers, I thought they were pretty interesting when I first saw them and in STN they could be placed on additional places.
http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/t_full/v1409731896/nat-zang-as-10k-on-z-nation.jpg