• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

PvE and PvP Servers.

Which server would you play on?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Assassins Honor

USAF Veteran
Backer
I'm not comparing this game to H1Z1 or anything but they did something really good with their game so far from what I can see. That would be PvE servers where players can't kill players and PvP servers where Players can kill Players. I feel this will separate the Bandits from the Zombie survivalists and Coop individuals. It would also increase the learning experience for people who have never played a survival game because of the chance of survival is increased. I just think that it would be a good after beta addition that would heighten the cooperation feel of the game.

Thanks!

XanderX

Survival tip #1 don't eat yellow snow
Backer
tbh i like the idea but, for me even if im on a pvp server i still try to be friendly C:

Moderator #3

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I don't mind giving server owners the option for that... However I feel that if you make the game fundamentally different from the others in this genre, by making the environment and zombies far more difficult, along with RPG levelling of some type, you would almost "force" people into interactions and at least trying to work together in groups in order to survive.

I know that a zombie apocalypse is not a realistic scenario, however, in an apocalyptic setting, people would work together.

FinWinkle

Survivor
Backer
New here to the community and the game...I've played WarZ and Aftermath and this looks AWESOME! PVE for me...would be cool if they did something like WoW where you could either be "good" or "bad" and then do PVP that way ;)

I have a feeling this is gonna be my "go-to" game VERY SOON!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Like @DemoCar82 said, an option for sever owners isn't a bad idea but if all goes right there won't even be the concept of PvP/PvE in STN... just the common goal of pure survival, granted there will always be people who "hunt" other humans for what ever reason but getting people out of the mindset that other survival games has put us in (KoS mentality) will be one of the defining things about this... even with the ability to kill others I honestly don't think it would be much of a problem, you will see "wars" between groups but neither lone killers or a group of killers won't last in the long run.

@FinWinkle Welcome to the forum bud...

EDIT: Might as-well post this here as I was looking for a pvp/kos related topic...

What about some form of frontier judicial system?

Last edited:

Ebbi

Zed Head
Backer
... but if all goes right there won't even be the concept of PvP/PvE in STN... just the common goal of pure survival, granted there will always be people who "hunt" other humans for what ever reason...
...and this is exactly why I back STN as passionately as I do. It's such a bore for me to run around and swat zombies like flies and focus mainly on the PvP side of things. Sure, I enjoy having the chance that a player will turn around and stab me in the back for my loot(or vice versa), but I would enjoy it far more if that player(Or I) had to ponder if it's really in their best interests to do that, given the survival aspect is so brutal.

As for a form of Judicial system, there are plenty ways to have it set up and they all have their pros and cons.

Archeage: Public trial, players hand down sentences. (I found this quite a laugh at times)
Tree of life: Do 'bad' things, have a far greater penalty for deaths. (I dislike this. Not enough PvE to warrant such a high penalty, imo.)
War Z: Player rankings based on their deeds in game. (I liked this, simple but effective, not overdone at all)

Those are just 3 examples and they all have aspects I like and dislike.

FinWinkle

Survivor
Backer
I like this sort of thinking...
had to ponder if it's really in their best interests to do that, given the survival aspect is so brutal.
I'm going to date myself a bit here...I started way back in the AOHell days with a game called NeverWinterNights which was an MMO (500max) that policed itself rather well. I liked the fact that there were the good and bad guilds (clans), PVP/Non-PVP zones and the fact that people needed to make those tough decisions and decide how to deal with things! I hope the fact that the developers are factoring in "insanity" if people go on killing sprees etc...

The problem with survival games that I have played seems like that the balance can really swing over to almost 100% PVP, I hope the idea of a persons character going insane keeps things in check.

Keep it balanced! :)

Ebbi

Zed Head
Backer
The problem with survival games that I have played seems like that the balance can really swing over to almost 100% PVP

Keep it balanced! :)
Yeah this exactly and it's also something I have noticed a lot recently with newer "survival" games. You get in there and quickly learn that the game is basically just an fps that requires you to eat and or drink every now and then with the addition of terrible crafting options *coughs-h1z1-coughs*

Yes, the whole insanity thing is another really good example and I loved that in GTAOnline. I think that giving people the choice, but making those choices have consequences is just wonderful. I like to think it adds a little more immersion and its little things like that, that make me really remember a game and want to come back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.