• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

PvE Servers and their Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

James2113

Building Communities One Headshot at a time
Backer
I don't mind there being a server where you can have pvp but I would like to have a server where it is just PVE. I mean infestation survivor stories had a great idea but when you kill someone only because they were having fun hunting down zombies i strongly believe that is kinda lame.

Thread starter #4

James2113

Backer
Don't forget that players who kill other players will be penalized
I agree they did the same in infestation survivor stories. Like making them bandits etc but i always hated that i spawn go down to the local town and then get shot in the head just for searching for things to fight the zombies

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
we all know there are gonna be the people that think its fun or funny to have the mental problems in the game. There will always be people on a game killing people for no reason as long as it is allowed lol

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
I just really hope the server owners can tweak the sanity abit, so if you kill x amout of players, you will kill yourself, and for servers that is mainly pvp, set it so you need to kill x amout of players to kill you self (obviously more!)

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
I hope the sanity drain is not too high because everyone loves a bit of banditry once in a while

Thread starter #9

James2113

Backer
I just really hope the server owners can tweak the sanity abit, so if you kill x amout of players, you will kill yourself, and for servers that is mainly pvp, set it so you need to kill x amout of players to kill you self (obviously more!)
How about not killing any players at all. Dont be that guy or gal. That is why i cant stand Infestation survivor stories

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Well the game would be incredebly boring really fast, just killing zombies isn't exacly fun to do for 20 hours.

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
we all know there are gonna be the people that think its fun or funny to have the mental problems in the game. There will always be people on a game killing people for no reason as long as it is allowed lol
I think they should add some form of increasing long term penalty for player that do this.

Well the game would be incredebly boring really fast, just killing zombies isn't exacly fun to do for 20 hours.
I agree it would get boring with no pvp as an online/multiplayer game, but being killed on sight constantly is sooo frustratiing, Dayzs ruined gear tactic did nothing to slow or stop KOS. STN is also going to have other things to do besides just "Survive". Hunting fishing and games would be fun. I personally am not a person that kills other players for no reason, but there is some excitment to being attacked by other players.

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
if you get bored of killing zombies then this game probably isnt for you then

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
I know it's a good option, but just think about it, you got all these good stuff, a really safe house ot live in, but there is like 20 zombies outside, which you can just snipe down ALONE. Which dosnt create any fear. And if you see a group of 5 sneaking past houses, and you're sitting ontop of your house with a sniper rifle, then you could get loot, let them live, or have some serious action and allot of fun. The zombies in video games has to be dangorous, I like the way The Dead Linger did it, s**t ton of zombies, not to hard to take down if they're alone, but if they're in a horde, then you better run.

Last edited by a moderator:

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Just so i can understand this game is about survival. there is already a game that has player killing players mindlessly this game looks like it has a lot more thought into it
yeah they player killing will probobly stop, but it's a videogame, you don't have feelings in the game, that's why they added the mental system, so you go insane if you kill to many players.

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
i tried playing dayz the other day...i had a ton of equipment..i ran into two guys. They said they were friendly and this and that...first instinct because the rep of that game i wanted to kill them. I didnt...i had some sort of hope that they were actually good people. I allowed them to come near me and guess what...they shot me in the face. If your gonna be a bandit at least dont be a douche and lie...just start shooting and hope your good enough to kill me. I hate when people lie just to get an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.