• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Quarry

Thread starter #1

starsport

Backer
A deep depression in the ground with industrial stuff like generators, work lights, and possibly mining materials like dynamite and hard hats. There would also be construction vehicles like excavators and dump trucks as well as roads that go through it and up the sides like this:

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
Would be nice, as it's an island I don't think quarries will make an appearance. Sorry

Tally Ho!
As little sense as not putting a quarry on an island makes... I'm fairly sure the ground is fixed and they cannot actually change the current engine layout without alot of trouble.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I think they could put this in (sure i've seen a post regarding the ability to add underground caves etc, but as a player we can't dig holes ourselves, someone let me know if i'm wrong).

It would kind of make sense to have a small to medium sized quarry, as it is an island, they would either all have wooden houses, or would have had to get all building blocks etc shipped in. (And I know for a fact there is a quarry not far from the town centre of Aberdeen, and also one 5 minutes walk from my parents house, further up the coast).

Edit: (See @Strider comment in this thread - http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/mine-shafts-tunnels.1636/#post-16788 ) I also think the two ideas could merge, small quarry with mine shafts in it.

Last edited:

Miles Aubry

Basically a Dev.
Backer
Personally, if this idea was possible, I think it would be a fantastic addition. Agreeing with strategos, I think a medium sized quarry would be more suitable for the island.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I like the idea of having a mining area for industrial loot and possibly dynamite. I don't remember if it was this game or another but they were talking about being able to build underground and possible digging a hole for small weapon caches. I will go back and look.