1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUICK UPDATE #2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello all,

AHHH!!!!!! :) Okay so 24 hours in the bank! 100's of issues reported! We're working on a new patch with a possible lobby fix among other things. We'll run internal tests on patch tonight and roll it out in the morning EST at some point. Thanks much for the continued support! You can see what will be fixed in the patch on our Changelog or just below.

[​IMG]

2. Danielinnv

Danielinnv Well-Known Member Backer

Aug 14, 2016
    good job

Dillon Boz and OhDemGames like this.
  3. LUDER

LUDER Mighty God of Zimbabwe Community Mod Backer

Jul 23, 2015
    Amazing job, keep up the good work!

OhDemGames likes this.
  4. Freakishwizard

Freakishwizard Member Backer

Sep 19, 2017
    @JB Ive done tons of testing on the loot. So Ive figured out if the loot is bugged in a area or not by checking on a furnace near by if you open a furnace at a new area before sleeping and re logging you'll notice that when you open its inventory that its just blank you cant add any wood or anything but if you sleep in a near by bed and re log you can interact and when you can interact with it then loot will most definitely be in the nearby containers around where you slept. when the white text at the bottom right is up is when i can find loot. Hope this helps.

Dillon Boz likes this.
  5. Thegreathoudini

Thegreathoudini New Member Backer

Dec 8, 2017
    Amazing game keep it up

OhDemGames likes this.
  6. ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix Survivor Backer

Feb 4, 2015
    pls give us some kind of defence against zombies, an axe or a bat. I understand zombies are at a very rough stage, but cant do much exploring.

7. sudo

sudo New Member Backer

Apr 17, 2016
    ^^ This ^^

If zombie behavior and interaction are a focus of this release then it would behoove the devs to give us something to assist in the matter. So far it seems like the majority of people just try to avoid them all together.

Wakiyan4, RTG_Bandit and Jukelicous like this.
  8. Jukelicous

Jukelicous Lord of the Seven Kingdoms Backer

Jun 8, 2017
    I concur with these gents above. A simple weapon would help explore and find more bugs if we had a way to defend ourselves. The zeds are strong, rightfully so, but with the low amount of loot, we need something to bolster our personal safety against them whilst we find more supplies and travel about.

Wakiyan4 and RTG_Bandit like this.
  9. Corvinusx

Corvinusx New Member Backer

Dec 8, 2017
    You guys are doing great. I have played and like the game. And will be here for the long haul.

10. Terminator

Terminator Member Backer

Mar 27, 2015
    Please focus on the loot too, kinda pointless just running around.

Wakiyan4 likes this.
  11. Bearnch

Bearnch Grizzly Survivor Backer

Nov 7, 2014
    A couple of things that I've noticed since playing around:
    1. Yes, we do probably need weapons to me more common so we can actually survive long enough to test things :p

2. What I assume is that the day/night cycle has been sped up dramatically so we can test the game in both times without having to wait a long time? Will the cycles remain this fast until we've gotten the basics sorted?

3. Now this is probably my main issue at the moment; the map. Yes, there are 400+ structures that will be able to be fortified but how many of those structure assets are actually valid housing? From what I've seen we have small clusters of buildings and then a LOT of empty space in between towns that doesn't have a lot of trees or anything, just flat ground with grass.

But back to the structure assets, the ones in particular are the small brick (I think) houses that are one story and have around three rooms in that seem to make up the majority of buildings in towns. These are small enough as it is but with the added debris and rubbish props inside the living space is even further reduced, What I'm saying is that there's no incentive to live in one of these cluttered, small structures when there are the much more viable two storied, country farmhouse type buildings that have lots of room for traps, fortifications and general living.

12. DeathJester76

DeathJester76 New Member Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Thanks for the update JB!

13. Terminator

Terminator Member Backer

Mar 27, 2015
    Yeah I know, meant that loot should be a priority imo.

14. Jukelicous

Jukelicous Lord of the Seven Kingdoms Backer

Jun 8, 2017
    That's great. I messaged you on Discord concerning the Bed/Loot/Relogging trigger situation, we have done some testing on it and it seems that it is indeed some sort of trigger? Because it does spawn/appear when we relog, with a 90% success rate thus far. Keep up the good work.

JB_ likes this.
  15. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    1. Yeah once things are stable we'll also get pve and zed free servers spun up. This will allow for testing of no-getting killed all the time features
    2 - Yeah lots of in between needs filling in design is by no means finished.
    3- We've talked about a maintenance system for house cleanup which will probably need doing. Houses all need work, the majority of the structures will be updated. We've developed our own prefab system for STN. Every single object you see in game can easily be improved.

Thank you for the creative criticism a load of this will only make the project better!

Wakiyan4, Slaughtery, sh0d0x and 2 others like this.
  16. Freakishwizard

Freakishwizard Member Backer

Sep 19, 2017
    I have survived 7 days and i have a bat and a axe as weapons lol

17. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    It would be nice to have an axe as a starting weapon. I just want to test the tree chopping mechanic!
    But if you could use it against zombies as well, even better.
    The best I've managed so far was two days with one zombie killed.
    But the game is still a work in progress. I see my mission to help that progress along but reporting bugs I find.

ld-airgrafix likes this.
  18. Kommandant Kush

Kommandant Kush Tacticool Operator Backer

Jun 27, 2015
    Low amount of loot? I was under the impression it wasn't supposed to spawn yet :x

19. Chuc

Chuc Member Backer

Jul 19, 2015
    i found everything to make an axe but got killed on the way to find a workbench

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.