• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

QUICK UPDATE #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Lots of good points here, and I'm sure the devs will address them all eventually!

I'd say the biggest issues besides server stability and outright gliches would be: LOOT for sure, walking speed is quite slow (same as crouched), days are very short, and zombie reach is really far!

But I'm still happy with it and can't wait to see the full potential of this game:)

Blo0DxSh0T

Survivor
Backer
jeez everybody asking to be given stuff right from the beginning..like wtf have you not played a survival game before? If they gave you everything you needed from the start it would be way to easy....the whole point of a survival game is to SURVIVE by finding what you need..freaking kids today wants everything handed to them cause wah wah wah its to hard without them...Yes loot is low but i still manged to find shit tons of food ,drink all kinds of items and even a melee weapon..You just gotta grind,thats the point of survival

Riggs95

Backer
jeez everybody asking to be given stuff right from the beginning..like wtf have you not played a survival game before? If they gave you everything you needed from the start it would be way to easy....the whole point of a survival game is to SURVIVE by finding what you need..freaking kids today wants everything handed to them cause wah wah wah its to hard without them...Yes loot is low but i still manged to find shit tons of food ,drink all kinds of items and even a melee weapon..You just gotta grind,thats the point of survival
I don't think people are really complaining, they are just giving the Dev's suggestions in order to help them improve the game, from what they've seen so far while playing. Better for the dev's to have feedback than everyone say it's perfect

evildad

Backer
The loot is really too little. I was in Union Point for four days and I did not find anything at all. No food, drink, no objects or tools. After my death I was dan in old town. I found food and found some tools there. So something is probably wrong. Can not imagine that the big city should be empty

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
The loot is really too little. I was in Union Point for four days and I did not find anything at all. No food, drink, no objects or tools. After my death I was dan in old town. I found food and found some tools there. So something is probably wrong. Can not imagine that the big city should be empty
A friend and I played for around three hours, wandering around, looking for loot and basically playing 3d Marco Polo. I found tons of stuff, food, extension cords, circuit breakers, no tools or weapons or anything like that. Overall we had a pretty good time just walking around and trying to navigate to each other using street signs.

The things I can say for sure from my experience so far:

1) The loot distribution is obviously early days.

2) The look, feel and sound of the game is very good. I am impressed with the technical presentation so far.

3) The stealth system is early days, you can literally spam crouch to lose a zombie 5 inches from your face xD

But yea, I knew what I signed up for and as I've encountered bugs I've submitted reports, but I've managed to squeeze some fun out of the experience for what it's worth.

I could have not said it better this kids today want everything from the get go cus its to hard to find stuff.

TerminusV

Backer
I could have not said it better this kids today want everything from the get go cus its to hard to find stuff.
It's not too far-fetched to have a few things in your inventory at the start. I for one always carry a knife with me at all times when I'm out and about. Even a cell phone for the flashlight would be more believable than the wind-up light. No one carries a wind-up light on them save for maybe on a camping trip and every one now usually has a cell phone. It would give you one maybe two days of light before you have to find a flashlight and batteries or learn to make a torch.

It's not too far-fetched to have a few things in your inventory at the start. I for one always carry a knife with me at all times when I'm out and about. Even a cell phone for the flashlight would be more believable than the wind-up light. No one carries a wind-up light on them save for maybe on a camping trip and every one now usually has a cell phone. It would give you one maybe two days of light before you have to find a flashlight and batteries or learn to make a torch.
I really like that idea! A pocket knife and a pocket flashlight that lasts until the battery dies. That's such a good idea!

I don't like the windup flashlight idea.

After your flashlight dies you either have to find batteries (which should be hard to find IMO, almost impossible) or make yourself a torch.

Remember, this should be a hard game to SURVIVE. Not a zombie game that you get hungry in.

Hunger, thirst, and extreme temperatures should be your enemies. Zombies should be hard at times but mostly annoying, except at night. And please for the love of God, no "hoards".

Status
Not open for further replies.