1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUICK UPDATE #3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    Update - No patch tonight, Internals were not strong enough and we're all very past sleep deprived. UK guys and Clinton are heading for some sleep I will be here for a little longer.

We will have the patch up just after Christmas. The loot issue will be better although not fixed. There's an underlying sync issue with loot. The loot is actually there some just aren't seeing it. The workaround of logging at a bed and returning the server triggers the sync. Stability should be much better. A nice patch for the lobby issues also!

Thanks much for the continued support and all the bug reporting! I'll get another update out as soon as the 0.0.5 patch goes live. Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas ;)

2. colours

colours Survival Aficionado Backer

Jul 20, 2017
    Merry Christmas then!

JB_ likes this.
  3. sh0d0x

sh0d0x The day will come when you won't be Backer

Nov 19, 2017
    nice work, im waiting for the patch :)

4. jposey53

jposey53 Member Backer

Jun 7, 2017
    Thanks for all the hard work JB! Merry Christmas!

5. AerynSuun

AerynSuun USA Backer

May 29, 2015
    Thanks for the early present and have a great Christmas!

6. bmt22033

bmt22033 New Member Backer

Jul 3, 2017
    Uh oh...I normally enjoy Mack's "Worth a Buy" series but I hate to see this because he has a pretty decent sized audience and the game doesn't really need the added negative publicity.

Bladeeye likes this.
  7. Terminator

Terminator Member Backer

Mar 27, 2015
    I mean, he did not really say anything wrong...
    And no I am not hating, I hope this game succeeds. I just hope all the criticism does not discourage the devs.

LoneJackal likes this.
  8. Riggs95

Riggs95 New Member Backer

May 2, 2015
    That's the same guy who thinks Escape From Tarkov is Pay to win, I wouldn't listen to him if I were you.

9. Bladeeye

Bladeeye Backer Backer

Mar 27, 2017
    Yeahr

#ironie

10. Stopsign32v

Stopsign32v Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I joined just to post this.

I really really really hope the devs take this game and run with it. Their execution and plan so far seems to be PERFECT.

This is coming from a long time 7 days to die fan and I love that game because of the YEARS I've put into it. But I just wish devs of survival games would understand that the first priority in a survival game should not be zombies! It's a flipping survival game! Make me more worried about freezing to death once night gets here and I'm still outside. Make me more worried about getting sick from dirty water. Make me paranoid about how I'm going to eat! THEN.....THEN.....Make me worry about zombies.

And also lets get real, I'm not going to craft a 6 story building made out of steel and make a mini bike from scratch.

This brings me to why I love this game. It's soooooooooooo good! Finally devs that get it. If I'm put in this situation I'm going to find a house to claim as my own. First thing I will do is secure it with basic locks on the door. And then go from there.

So from the bottom of my heart, JB_ and anyone else involved in this. Please know you are flirting with gold. Seasons, food, water, electricity, fireplaces, tents, yes...You finally get it! Don't focus on zombies, PLEASE. You are finally doing it right and once its done it has the potential to become something that all other survival games are compared to.

-Stop

DemoCar82, Tom, JB_ and 8 others like this.
  11. ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix Survivor Backer

Feb 4, 2015
    "worth a buy" guy did say one thing during 7d2d video, he made years ago, which kind of stuck in my head.
    When the game gets released, lots of money pours in and developers are ecstatic, however as time goes on, regardless of the quality of the game, the money will slow down to one or two sales a month. Its during this time that shows the true colours of developers. Many tend to abandon their game, half finished and move on to something new, which will generate more money. However, few like the fun pimps of 7d2d, are still continuing development. Although patches are far between, they always bring new game changing content. I really hope a2z will follow the similar pattern

Tom, Nathaniel, Dr. J and 2 others like this.
  12. !!APB!! ZXET

!!APB!! ZXET Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 11, 2014
    wonder if he knows they completely redid this game from unity 3 to unity 5

OhDemGames and JB_ like this.
  13. CDurbs

CDurbs New Member Backer

May 20, 2017
    Merry Christmas thank you all for you dedication over the last couple of days

JB_ likes this.
  14. Peon

Peon Member Backer

Dec 4, 2016
    Have a great Christmas guys! Thanks for the update!

JB_ likes this.
  15. Danielinnv

Danielinnv Well-Known Member Backer

Aug 14, 2016
    niiiiiice

16. PirateLemon

PirateLemon Member Backer

Jun 30, 2017
    Thanks. You deserve some sleep man! Merry Christmas and thanks!

Dr. J likes this.
  17. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    Merry Christmas a2z enjoy your family this holiday

18. FarmboyJ

FarmboyJ New Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Have a Happy Christmas Team! It is well deserved!

19. Blo0DxSh0T

Blo0DxSh0T Survivor Backer

Dec 11, 2016
    WHAT!!!! no patch...you guys suck and are just lazy...............hahahahaha just kidding,go get some much deserved rest and come back strong after the holidays. Wanna say one thing tho. Awesome job on the night time ambience. I keep finding my self turning quick 180s wtf was that,and i swear i keep hearing a banjo lol ..are we in deliverence?

Tom and JB_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.