• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

QUICK UPDATE #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinWinkle

Survivor
Backer
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Great job STN Team! :) I owe JB a pork roll egg and cheese... You have a place to park next summer ;) I'm 2 blocks from the beach in Point Pleasant.

Bearnch

Grizzly Survivor
Backer
In my opinion, a game that could be a great reference as far as gameplay details and zombie behaviour goes would be No More Room In Hell.
The zombies can grab players which deals large amounts of damage until they're pushed off or killed.
Players can become infected, with each zombie hit having a small chance to infect and zombie grabs have a higher chance to infect (bite).
If players become infected and they dont want their teammates to have to fight their corpse (player zombies are fast and deadly) then they can turn their gun on themselves and hit LMB to pull the trigger, killing themselves and ensuring they dont turn.

Infection can be pushed back with pills (holds it back a few minutes) and can be cured with a rare syringe.

*all above information is in reference to No More Room In Hell.

Some interesting mechanics that could be referenced and implemented into STN.

Merry Christmas!
You guys get some sleep, get reacquainted with your family before they forget who you are, and don't even THINK about working on the game until the present are all unwrapped. Not thinking about a problem allows your subconscious to work on it "behind the scenes" and sometimes come up with a fresh way of looking at it. It also helps to come back with "fresh eyes" after not thinking about it for a while.

Guardian80

Backer
Well done guys!! It a good working progress, Now please get yourselves some r&r! And enjoy Christmas!
And also to everyone on here JAVE a great Christmas also!!!

Bearnch

Grizzly Survivor
Backer
I'm not meaning to start anything in saying this but I hadn't questioned this before. When the moderators tested before the rest of us got in, you used a custom launcher outside of steam for that, yes?
My question is: Why can't we do the same for backers and keep the game off steam and away from the general public as originally planned?
This seems to be the game's greatest obstacle at this time with youtubers and streamers beating the shit out of the game because they expected a full game release for some reason.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
I'm not meaning to start anything in saying this but I hadn't questioned this before. When the moderators tested before the rest of us got in, you used a custom launcher outside of steam for that, yes?
My question is: Why can't we do the same for backers and keep the game off steam and away from the general public as originally planned?
This seems to be the game's greatest obstacle at this time with youtubers and streamers beating the shit out of the game because they expected a full game release for some reason.
I don't see the negative attention as an obstacle. The devs are going to be working on the game just as hard whether they receive blind praise or blind criticism, it makes no difference. You could argue that bad publicity will hurt sales, but the primary goal of this release isn't sales anyway, so all the negative attention is just loud and annoying, but moot.

Mica

Backer
Merry X-Mas to you Dev / Mod / Backer Team !!
You all are just human and need some free days for relaxe and family! Have a great time and come back with full energy, and good loot ;)
See you soon.

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
resources are very heavy. Plus i believe they wanted to get steam active as soon as possible for EA.

Thread starter Admin #36

JB_

Developer
Developer
I don't see the negative attention as an obstacle. The devs are going to be working on the game just as hard whether they receive blind praise or blind criticism, it makes no difference. You could argue that bad publicity will hurt sales, but the primary goal of this release isn't sales anyway, so all the negative attention is just loud and annoying, but moot.
This, so much this!! Thank you!

Last edited:

warlock74hd

Backer
well done guys just enjoy christmas with your family's get some rest im sure we can all wait till new year for a update ps loving the game

HLGaming

Backer
Gotta say i cannot wait until electricity is released. i'm setup in a house with food, pots, and pans waiting to make my Christmas dinner on my new electric stove lol. Keep up the good work guys, and Merry Christmas!!!

AFRAILOLDLADY

Backer
what about when the money runs out and no one will buy to help continue development, there is still a few years left of development to get this game ready for full release, and if it does make it to full release all the reviews and videos of the game are going to be of the people trashing it right now. I think they should have kept or bring back the separate logon client to keep testing to the backers only, or they need to get a watermark on the screen to say its pre alpha and not meant to be released, so anyone watching gameplay or reviews will at least see its the pre alpha version. The development and hardware is not free, the server rental is not free, staff arent free, the money will run out and the last thing you want are a load of trash reviews from a pre alpha phase ruining future sales, just look at dayz standalone and miscreated now, the games are eventually fixed but all the negative press and reviews have pretty much destroyed any future sales on full release. I know the dev's replied to you and thanked you which i agree largely, but if one of the devs could answer the question will the studio have enough funds to complete development even if there are no future sales in the game, i.e full stable release with all the features offered on the kickstarter, which in its current state looks like it could be 2 years+?

Status
Not open for further replies.