• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

QUICK UPDATE #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecMyIT

Backer
Uh oh...I normally enjoy Mack's "Worth a Buy" series but I hate to see this because he has a pretty decent sized audience and the game doesn't really need the added negative publicity.

Why does he say "Devs pulled it off steam" lol, it was never supposed to be listed on steam in the first place these people just need to give the devs a break its 5 man team and this is their first game! maybe if people weren't rushing them to release it. I love the game and I have hopes for the devs in the future for this game

Thread starter Admin #43

JB_

Developer
Developer
what about when the money runs out and no one will buy to help continue development, there is still a few years left of development to get this game ready for full release, and if it does make it to full release all the reviews and videos of the game are going to be of the people trashing it right now. I think they should have kept or bring back the separate logon client to keep testing to the backers only, or they need to get a watermark on the screen to say its pre alpha and not meant to be released, so anyone watching gameplay or reviews will at least see its the pre alpha version. The development and hardware is not free, the server rental is not free, staff arent free, the money will run out and the last thing you want are a load of trash reviews from a pre alpha phase ruining future sales, just look at dayz standalone and miscreated now, the games are eventually fixed but all the negative press and reviews have pretty much destroyed any future sales on full release. I know the dev's replied to you and thanked you which i agree largely, but if one of the devs could answer the question will the studio have enough funds to complete development even if there are no future sales in the game, i.e full stable release with all the features offered on the kickstarter, which in its current state looks like it could be 2 years+?
We have always done well to run a tight ship. We're just fine with funds, we're a tiny team remember. We're all dedicated to run bare bones and have done so full time now for over 3 years. We're a few months off a really decent alpha experience. The next couple of weeks should see us finding and sorting our larger issues then it's a matter of tweaking this little foundation we have. Then we'll start bringing in branch features like fortifications, passive AI, hunting and trapping, vehicles until we're all happy to move to a listed EA release.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
what about when the money runs out and no one will buy to help continue development, there is still a few years left of development to get this game ready for full release, and if it does make it to full release all the reviews and videos of the game are going to be of the people trashing it right now. I think they should have kept or bring back the separate logon client to keep testing to the backers only, or they need to get a watermark on the screen to say its pre alpha and not meant to be released, so anyone watching gameplay or reviews will at least see its the pre alpha version. The development and hardware is not free, the server rental is not free, staff arent free, the money will run out and the last thing you want are a load of trash reviews from a pre alpha phase ruining future sales, just look at dayz standalone and miscreated now, the games are eventually fixed but all the negative press and reviews have pretty much destroyed any future sales on full release. I know the dev's replied to you and thanked you which i agree largely, but if one of the devs could answer the question will the studio have enough funds to complete development even if there are no future sales in the game, i.e full stable release with all the features offered on the kickstarter, which in its current state looks like it could be 2 years+?
JB answered better than I could have, but I'll put my two cents in for what it's worth. This chicken little attitude about the launch is just silly. The people who are yelling to the heavens that the game is doomed now because of perceived problem A or problem B are putting too much emphasis on things that ultimately do little to drive sales, or drive them away. For every ten extremely vocal, uninformed, and frankly rabid steam users who stumble into this experience blind and find themselves appalled for one reason or another, there are five quiet steam users who do research, who do read relevant info, and weigh the value of reviews against what may or may not have motivated their vitriol. If you contend these users do not exist, I direct you to the myriad of EA projects that initially attract the ire of their player bases, only to continue to prosper under the weight of all that negative criticism, because people have a tendency to ignore temper tantrums and diatribes in favor of personal experiences and word of mouth, grassroots marketing.

I could very well be wrong, this could be the one exception in zombie survival EA games, we just can't be certain. All signs, however, point to a bright future if we all just stop listening to the people who just aren't worth listening to.

AerynSuun

USA
Backer
Merry Christmas. Been logging in a learning the ropes. Now I know where to get logs to build a campfire. Very open world looking forward to the hunting. Will we about able to loot the zombies? Make it the Survival zombie game. Thanks!!!!

TruthLayFallen

Some Guy
Backer
We have always done well to run a tight ship. We're just fine with funds, we're a tiny team remember. We're all dedicated to run bare bones and have done so full time now for over 3 years. We're a few months off a really decent alpha experience. The next couple of weeks should see us finding and sorting our larger issues then it's a matter of tweaking this little foundation we have. Then we'll start bringing in branch features like fortifications, passive AI, hunting and trapping, vehicles until we're all happy to move to a listed EA release.
I love you?

PoopJr

Backer
Here is the issue I'm coming to, I understand the game is pre alpha, and very much incomplete. I accept what the game is right now, and it is fine with me. My issue is the lack of communication, at this early stage of development, there needs to be more community updates, what's being worked on, why it might be taking so long, things like that. I'm not asking for ETAs, because we know the history on those. I think a lot of us would just like a more constant and very transparent communication base coming from the devs of this game. And updates need to be put in more than just discord. It needs to be put on Steam, the forums and any other location that the community reads about the game. This is my insight, and hopefully it is taken into consideration.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
Here is the issue I'm coming to, I understand the game is pre alpha, and very much incomplete. I accept what the game is right now, and it is fine with me. My issue is the lack of communication, at this early stage of development, there needs to be more community updates, what's being worked on, why it might be taking so long, things like that. I'm not asking for ETAs, because we know the history on those. I think a lot of us would just like a more constant and very transparent communication base coming from the devs of this game. And updates need to be put in more than just discord. It needs to be put on Steam, the forums and any other location that the community reads about the game. This is my insight, and hopefully it is taken into consideration.
You mean, for example, something like https://www.survivethenights.net/changelog ?

I don't know how much more transparent the development could be, or how much more could be communicated, given what is already freely available.

You mean, for example, something like https://www.survivethenights.net/changelog ?

I don't know how much more transparent the development could be, or how much more could be communicated, given what is already freely available.
Yeah see like that thing you posted hasn't really been updated in 2 months , It should be more like every other week update all of them bars

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
Yeah see like that thing you posted hasn't really been updated in 2 months , It should be more like every other week update all of them bars
I beg to differ.

Changes - Dec. 23, 2017, 3:09 p.m.
Coming in patch 0.0.5

Fixes:

• Lobby connection logic improved so that players don't keep getting kicked. (Requires lots of testing)
  • Container loot situation improved. Loot will be more common and weapons and ammo will spawn more.
  • Container loot stagnation will be reduced by improved looping and clear up of old stuff.
  • Escaping from main menu now closes inner menus and removes their focus. Fixes scenarios where menu items can be interacted with while no longer in the menu.
  • Fix for being able to glitch through walls by spamming the crouch button.
  • Fix for teleporting under the terrain when the server is lagging.
  • Various server and client optimizations.
  • Sensitivty slider now instantly updates the sensitivity. Before this fix you had to press escape twice to update it.
  • Stones removed from campfire crafting recipe. There will be an updated way of gathering stones in a future patch.
  • Firewood craft times reduced for balancing.
  • Fixed oversized flashlight drop.
Known issues (High priority):

• No physical loot spawning. We're trying to balance and fix the issues with the container spawning. By design the containers were meant to spawn less weapons/ammo since they were meant to be physical drops. Containers will start spawning ammo and weapons in 0.0.5 until physical spawning is enabled again.
  • Ammo goes out of sync sometimes in weapon.
  • Lobby is experiencing technical issues, it will be going on and offline which means you sometimes can't join a server or you might get kicked.
  • Doors sometimes don't initialize correctly which makes them appear closed when they're actually open on the server. Since they are open on the server, zombies appear to walk through the doors.
  • Zombies are sometimes invisible on some clients.
  • Low amounts of loot.
Like I said my man, I'm not certain how much more they could do to keep us informed, there's a discord, there's the changelog and there's these forums. Short of stuffing JB into a box and mailing him to you so you can have real-time, in-person updates I'm not sure what would satisfy this craving for information you have.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
What do you beg to differ about 1 was in Nov the rest in Oct
I posted a quote showing you the most current changes, which were made on the 23rd of December. That changelog is updated every time they are plugging away at the game. Everything you need to know about what they are working on is there for your consumption if you'd only take a moment to stop and look at it.

Edit: Legit bro at the risk of sounding like a dick, you feeling uninformed on the goings on appears to be a problem specific to you, as you ignored the relevant section of the changelog page, and then proceeded to ignore the relevant changelog info that I quoted for you. No one is going to hold your hand and walk you through this, you have to use your brain once in a while. Sorry if that offends, but it needs to be said if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.