• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

QUICK UPDATE #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KushBluntsLA

Backer
I beg to differ.

Like I said my man, I'm not certain how much more they could do to keep us informed, there's a discord, there's the changelog and there's these forums. Short of stuffing JB into a box and mailing him to you so you can have real-time, in-person updates I'm not sure what would satisfy this craving for information you have.
Why the package would probably delayed like 3 years anyways

shanmk3

Backer
i have a question for you guys.. what is the Key to open the map in game.. i want to see where i am to find my friends!

I havent been able to get the map working so what i did was went to goole and saved an image of the map to my desktop, while in game i shift tab and use windows button to get to my computer and pull up the map... been working like a charm for me.. you could even upload the image to paint and mark on the map the location of your house you are fortifying and you can navigate back much easier. Below is the map i use, if you look more thoroughly you should be able to find one that is clear when you zoom in, i just needed a jist of where i was at. Hope this helps.

Attachments

There are servers..if you dont see any, back completly out of the game and re load it from steam..lobby is having some issues along with bugs for loot. Which you can find the answer to those under the Bugs & Issues forum ;)

shanmk3

Backer
@Zippa Thanks this is the way i was playing last night. i just really find that way boring and hope they will fix it soon.

PoopJr

Backer
You mean, for example, something like https://www.survivethenights.net/changelog ?

I don't know how much more transparent the development could be, or how much more could be communicated, given what is already freely available.
What can be more transparent is, more communication. Not looking for the changelog, which let me tell you, isn't the most updated thing either. How hard is it for the DEV team to get on their forums, or get on the steam log and put a quick note saying hey, we are having some issues with this, here is where we stand, this is what we are working on. When you only get a "quick update" every 3 months, it is hard for the community to stay interested in something. If there is an update currently being worked on, share what is being worked on. Tell us what is being done. We invested money to help along with the development of a video game. Keep us updated on that current development, and not be invisible on the forums/steam/reddit or anywhere else updates can be published.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
What can be more transparent is, more communication. Not looking for the changelog, which let me tell you, isn't the most updated thing either. How hard is it for the DEV team to get on their forums, or get on the steam log and put a quick note saying hey, we are having some issues with this, here is where we stand, this is what we are working on. When you only get a "quick update" every 3 months, it is hard for the community to stay interested in something. If there is an update currently being worked on, share what is being worked on. Tell us what is being done. We invested money to help along with the development of a video game. Keep us updated on that current development, and not be invisible on the forums/steam/reddit or anywhere else updates can be published.
It's weird that you feel ill-informed, but you claim to know for certain which methods of communication contain more or less up to date information. These two things would seem, logically, to be at odds with one another. You have these forums, where JB posts pretty much daily, the discord, where as I understand it the devs hang out and play drinking games instead of actually working on the game (read: sarcasm/joke). As I stated to the last person who tried to impress upon me how little information is available, the assertion is just factually inaccurate. You have everything you need, and if you have a specific question you are welcomed to ask it and you will likely get an answer. Baseless moaning is not only unhelpful, it's also disingenuous.

Let's illustrate this for you. I haven't read anything today, but I'll summarize the updates for the week in a nutshell.

JB said on Saturday the 23rd that they had pulled an all nighter following release to try to sort out the loot and sync issues with the server, before letting us know they were going to button down for the holidays and would return to work post-Christmas. On the 26th JB came back around and told us that a patch was imminent for Wednesday the 27th, which would address some of the loot spawning issues, some of the connections issues, and a few other things. On Wednesday the 27th that patch went live and as it did JB said that another patch was due this weekend which would further iron out issues.

I don't even visit the discord, I got all of this from using the reading comprehension skills I acquired in the third grade. So tell me again that there is no information being handed out.

Edit: I always feel the need to clarify that though the tone of my response may seem discourteous, it is not my intention to be rude to you. In point of fact, I have no specific love or "fanboy" attachment to this game, and any well reasoned criticisms are welcome as they can only serve to improve things for all of us. That being said, however, I take specific issue with dishonest, misleading and intellectually vapid commentary, the volume of which has turned up to eleven in the past week. It serves no one to represent an argument poorly, to omit facts to support a given conclusion, or give in to hyperbolic language to buttress an idea. Essentially, if you have a genuine criticism to put forward, you have not put it forward in your post here today.

Last edited:

19nick64

Are the BACKERS all moderator's ?
If so it would be nice for them to chill out just a bit , every time someone mention's something in forums here or steam the poor guys get ridiculed or flamed by them 'i had a thread locked in steam after a backer started to try and ridicule me then some started flaming backer then my thread got locked by a real moderator in steam , because they were flaming each other .
maybe backers should not be so aggressive with there answers, moderators should moderate and have an onsite admin to admin the moderators, people have an opinion maybe let them be opinionated and moderate there thread if it gets a bit much ..

Thread starter Admin #74

JB_

Developer
Developer
Are the BACKERS all moderator's ?
If so it would be nice for them to chill out just a bit , every time someone mention's something in forums here or steam the poor guys get ridiculed or flamed by them 'i had a thread locked in steam after a backer started to try and ridicule me then some started flaming backer then my thread got locked by a real moderator in steam , because they were flaming each other .
maybe backers should not be so aggressive with there answers, moderators should moderate and have an onsite admin to admin the moderators, people have an opinion maybe let them be opinionated and moderate there thread if it gets a bit much ..
I'm actually going to lock this thread today only because the new patch update is out. Most threads are locked because of pointless bickering coming from both sides. We're here, we're fixing and we're not going anywhere. Timelines don't sit right with people that's fine with us, you can criticizes all you want but the back and forth is just silly now and wont be tolerated by US the people that have to deal with it and read it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.