• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Rainwater Collector

Thread starter #1

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
Idea: A construct to collect rainwater into a bottle.

Items Needed:
  • Long sticks
  • Tarp
  • Water bottle

Tools Needed:
  • Hammer
Description: Sometimes you might not be able to get water out in the forest except from the nearby lake, but who wants to drink straight out from the lake? Placing a rainwater collector outside the house makes rain something to look after! The idea is based on this http://orcz.com/H1Z1:_Dew_Collector from H1Z1, I only momentarily saw it in their stream once but I really liked the idea.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i like the idea i dont believe ive seen it yet on a thread but im sure someone will be around to correct me if ive missed it, but not sure how random the weather will be so i dont know how effective it will be but still great idea id love to see it in action
Idea: A construct to collect rainwater into a bottle.

Items Needed:
  • Long sticks
  • Tarp
  • Water bottle

Tools Needed:
  • Hammer
Description: Sometimes you might not be able to get water out in the forest except from the nearby lake, but who wants to drink straight out from the lake? Placing a rainwater collector outside the house makes rain something to look after! The idea is based on this http://orcz.com/H1Z1:_Dew_Collector from H1Z1, I only momentarily saw it in their stream once but I really liked the idea.

Batroel

Backer
i like the idea i dont believe ive seen it yet on a thread but im sure someone will be around to correct me if ive missed it, but not sure how random the weather will be so i dont know how effective it will be but still great idea id love to see it in action

well u can keep those bottles inside your house, and if it rains, put them outside

BigRed

Backer
Good idea - a solar sill would also work

Or if you have a base then all you would need is a barrel (cleaned out), something to use as a filter and a length of flexible pipe. You simply make a hole in the down pipe of a gutter (where the water drains out of the gutter and down the house), insert the smaller flexi-pipe through the hole after cutting the pipe so that has an open section at the top to catch water inside the downpipe and then placing the filter (old pair of tights/stockings would work best).
Water comes off roof when it rains, into gutter, into downpipe, through the flexi-pipe and into the barrel.

You would probably need to filter the water to through either boiling it and letting it cool or making a filter

Batroel

Backer

Or if you have a base then all you would need is a barrel (cleaned out), something to use as a filter and a length of flexible pipe. You simply make a hole in the down pipe of a gutter (where the water drains out of the gutter and down the house), insert the smaller flexi-pipe through the hole after cutting the pipe so that has an open section at the top to catch water inside the downpipe and then placing the filter (old pair of tights/stockings would work best).
Water comes off roof when it rains, into gutter, into downpipe, through the flexi-pipe and into the barrel.

You would probably need to filter the water to through either boiling it and letting it cool or making a filter

+1 !!

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer

BigRed

Backer
Haven't got me backer badge yet so I can't get in that area :(

But yep - the watter butte is a good idea for a water source. Got one at home for use on watering the garden

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
:p I thought this was that thread but then I remembered the backer thread was much more detailed. The idea itself is solid though.

Thread starter #13

Hostail

Zombie Lover
Backer
I didn't know about the backer sub forums, I only searched through this sub-forum for something similiar but didn't find any.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Its alright i dont think they will go locking everyones thread cause its been suggested in the backers area cause not everyone has access to there

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Its alright i dont think they will go locking everyones thread cause its been suggested in the backers area cause not everyone has access to there
Exactly. I was just trying to affirm him that I could find it :p

twitchy040

Backer

Fun and useful fact urinating in the hole than building the still also works in case you are not near any plants ie desert

Smacks

Backer
I like the idea as long as it doesn't get all water world on us. There should be not pissing into a Mr. coffee to get drinking water. Absolutely not.

Ocelot

Backer
Some of the idea's are amazing. Something to have to keep an eye on and just collection rain water, as strange as this will sound, sound's mega fun.