• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Rake & Stake(Spike) Trap

Thread starter #1

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Apologies for my very amateurish attempt.

Basic idea is a garden rake(found or crafted) with an added spike on the handle, activated by a player/zombie stepping on the rake end causing the stake/spike to smash into their head. It could be used multiple times, until broken, but would have to be retrieved from the player/zombie it killed after each use.

Rake Trap Crafted -

1. Stick
  2. Nails/Scrap Metal for rake end.
  3. Stake (Sharpened stick crafted using knife/axe and stick)
  4. Spike ( Crafted using scrap metal and hammer or found)
  5. Duct tape/rope/string to bind

rake-trap1.gif

First time doing anything like this for around 5 years, so hopefully conformed with forum rules etc.

Feel free to hit me with constructive criticism :)

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
As amateur as this is the pure hilarity of it makes me want to go make one right now.

Approved.JPG

Thread starter #9

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Not sure how many people will fall for it but zombies sure
If it were placed discretely in long grass/bushes it could be effective against other players. It would primarily be used for Zombies though, placed at night and removed in the morning.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Love it, so simple easy to make for begining trappers, would love to see it in game, great job man

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
where can i buy it ?
at the local zombie killing store, i give it a 10/10 with my experience, hasn't let me down once

seanybob011

Backer
Apologies for my very amateurish attempt.

Basic idea is a garden rake(found or crafted) with an added spike on the handle, activated by a player/zombie stepping on the rake end causing the stake/spike to smash into their head. It could be used multiple times, until broken, but would have to be retrieved from the player/zombie it killed after each use.

Rake Trap Crafted -

1. Stick
  2. Nails/Scrap Metal for rake end.
  3. Stake (Sharpened stick crafted using knife/axe and stick)
  4. Spike ( Crafted using scrap metal and hammer or found)
  5. Duct tape/rope/string to bind

View attachment 483

First time doing anything like this for around 5 years, so hopefully conformed with forum rules etc.

Feel free to hit me with constructive criticism :)
looks sweet haha nice @strategos2411

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I imagine I'd be like this forgetting where I put them :p

I love this idea... although you'll be hoping a zed steps on it, because their simple to make it wouldn't take long to make a good amount to cover an area or some doorways, hallways etc...

Mabye if you put a longer blade on you can decapitate multiple enemies at once.
can we put a landmine on the end?
I like the idea of multiple variants of a rake trap, like a horizontal blade for decapitating or a "shelled tip"... this would be the closest to an explosive one I would guess... not sure how much (if any) explosive material (maybe the rare grenade (not sure) will be in STN.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I imagine I'd be like this forgetting where I put them :p

I love this idea... although you'll be hoping a zed steps on it, because their simple to make it wouldn't take long to make a good amount to cover an area or some doorways, hallways etc...

I like the idea of multiple variants of a rake trap, like a horizontal blade for decapitating or a "shelled tip"... this would be the closest to an explosive one I would guess... not sure how much (if any) explosive material (maybe the rare grenade (not sure) will be in STN.
Oooh devious and fairly simple, I like it!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Could you also use hoes to make these?... :rolleyes:

I know the placing for the foot is a smaller area but if something stands on that it's a guaranteed hit.