• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Random Spawn Location

Thread starter #1

Colerain

Can we talk about how ridiculous this is? If I only have a short time to play, I log in at some random location.....and then run....for 15-20 minutes....trying to find a bed somewhere. I mean seriously, run my ass off....trying to find a place to save. Perhaps I don't find anywhere after 20-30 minutes.....night falls. I need to log off or get killed. Rinse and repeat....when I log in again I'm randomly spawned somewhere else.....

May we please play a zombie fighting game, rather than "Running through the woods simulator 2018"?

FFS, let's make accessible save points a priority so we can continue the game at our leisure?

Frosty

The map is very helpful in finding out where one is, with sun or POIs. However even using the map means a lot of time is spent running, hiding, waiting etc.

It would be nice if STN had spawn zone's similar to how other games such as Ark does, it would make playing with friends a whole lot easier if this is how one prefers to game, which I happen to. I am not saying make a city a spawn zone either. Just breaking up the map into 4-6-8 whatever spawn zones and having the ability to choose which zone you log in on would reduce the running and running and running feeling.

Due to the nights taking about 25 minutes to complete, it took nearly four hours just for me to get my character in the same general area as the friend I am playing with. Took another night cycle just to actually meet up face to face in that town.

Lack of ability to set up a temporary base or even create some sort of a temp bed to spawn on if die or spawn on if log, makes one do a wash, rinse, repeat on this process.

I have over 1300 hours on 7 Days to Die so it isn't like a zombie game is new to me, but in the 12 hours of playing STN most of that time has been spent running, hiding, waiting.

A 20-25 minute day cycle, 20-25 minute night cycle, random spawn points, only beds to save on option will make what really is an awesome game become dull as dirt very quickly.

I do realize that it is likely that Administrators of Servers will have a way to shorten night cycles and lengthen day cycles, but it would be nice if this was something that is addressed in the Vanilla game.

Key things that should be added to reduce frustration and keep players interested while development continues is:

1. Ability to create some sort of a 'home', temporary bed for logging in on and/or spawning on perhaps.

2. Spawn Zones to choose from on login and/or respawn.

3. Shorter Night cycles or longer day cycles. The 50-50 makes a lot of time spent waiting in some safe location doing little to nothing.

VV0lf

Yes, fortifying should be prime as well as some spawn control. Safety base, or there is no point in ever fortifying. Awesome game so far. I like how the zombies are scary as hell and how they are not gifted with an uber "human radar detector" . I also like how they cannot climb.