• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ranger station

Thread starter #1

envec

Backer
In a forest area a ranger station would make a good place to bunker down and they usually have tools and first aid kits witch would also prove useful.

Applejaxc

Backer
Like you would see in national parks? I don't see why not. It would be a good place to pick up a hunting rifle, shotgun, or at least a high-calibre revolver for animal attacks.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
This is defintely a good idea for a building and I have some idea's for building type's. I think there should be multiple small ranger tower's scattered across the map and a single large building acting as the main ranger station. Both building's would be liveable and like said before you would beable to find some hunting gun's and you could probably find some survival/rescue tool's that could be used as weapon's. You could also find tranq gun's and dart's, I am sure that the ranger's would much rather tranq an animal then kill it and they do a lot of tagging I believe or they at least help the people that do. It would also be a really good source for survival supplies like bottled water, ration's, map's, compasses, flashlight's, medical kit's, fire starters and a bunch of other thing's.

Something I would really like to see would be a mount point or a already mounted highpowerd binoculer, I think since ranger stations look for signal fire from lost hikers and signs of forest fire's. Something like this

Here are some pic's of the typical Ranger Tower

I also found a building that I would really like to have as the main Ranger Building, it's a building designed for survivalists and doomsday prepper's called the ZFC-1. It's a large log cabin with two stories and a garage, between the garage and the main entrance there is also a closed area for a garden. It also has a generator and two large tower light's and barbed wire around the main roof and a mesh roof above the garden area. The pic's also show gun turrets on the top of the main building but let's just ignore those and the barbed wire. I just like the building for the layout not the silly minigun turret's, and the barbed wire doesn't seem like something you would see on a ranger station. I do like the tower light's though I think they might be used by a ranger station in bad weather condition's. I was thinking that it would be a bit more realistic for the garden area of the Ranger version to be open, but then I though bear's. So I think a closed garden would be pretty valuable for a secluded wilderness station, especially with all the scavengers in the wood's.

To avoid any copyright issue's they could change around the room's all they want inside the cabin and they can even move around the storage area and garage. Instead of in front of the building the garden/storage/garage could be placed behind the cabin. Also instead of bed rooms they could have bunk rooms since with bunkbeds you could fit a fair amount of ranger's comfortably inside. This building would be a high value area but it would also have a lot of zombies within the building and in the vicinity since people might go to the large station if they were close by in a disaster situation.

Davz Not Here

Backer
Something I would really like to see would be a mount point or a already mounted highpowerd binoculer, I think since ranger stations look for signal fire from lost hikers and signs of forest fire's. Something like this

Here are some pic's of the typical Ranger Tower

i was going to suggest the fire tower with the station ..... good call!