• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Rat Powered Generator

Thread starter #1
This idea came to me after watching a fairly odd parents(computer) episode, i was bored as heck that day. I realized that rats love playing in their mouse wheel, they can sure as heck run fast. They could possibly go for like that forever (if you feed them). So i thought of a rat power generator, in which i think its been done before.
The list is simple
1.Rat (alive)
2.Broken generator
3.mouse wheel parts of some sort.
4. Cage (optional)
Then BAM, you got yourself a working generator,operated by a rat. You don't even have to feed it. However if the generator is destroyed, then pretty much the rat is dead and you can not reuse the poor creature. Since rats are in the game, i figured they can be something else than food.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I doubt it would be a significant amount of electricity to amount to anything. It would take forever for a rat/mouse to charge even a flashlight. That's probably why you don't see peoples home electricity being powered by animals. It would be funny but in a realistic sense I would say na da.

Thread starter #3
I doubt it would be a significant amount of electricity to amount to anything. It would take forever for a rat/mouse to charge even a flashlight. That's probably why you don't see peoples home electricity being powered by animals. It would be funny but in a realistic sense I would say na da.
Even a bit of energy can help someone!

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
This and it doesn't really sound like it's worth something implementing considering we already have generators in the game now. On top of that, I'm sure that any rats that you would end up finding would more than likely be dead anyways, and it would just cost more of your resources to feed them than it would to power a normal generator. Creative idea, nonetheless! :p