• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ravens circling around dead bodies

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Dead zombies, dead players, or both?

Might they only circle when there was loot to be had, or perhaps in lower numbers to indicate when something had happened in that area?
Thoughts, please @jedi_warrior

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
YES!

It'd be a nice environmental pointer to some possible loot, or a trap :)

Dead zombies, dead players, or both?

Might they only circle when there was loot to be had, or perhaps in lower numbers to indicate when something had happened in that area?
Thoughts, please @jedi_warrior
I'd guess probably both, to both questions :p

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
OK, so circling both, I agree @Num47 , but the same number for players or zombies? Might they decrease in number after time, or perhaps just a set number until a timer runs down, or loot despawns?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
A trap/ambush? I like the idea, but for me, a marker to indicate loot and an opportunity to meet other players in a friendly standoff to trade goods and perhaps team up would be a better reason. It's just the way I play the game on the official servers.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
A trap/ambush? I like the idea, but for me, a marker to indicate loot and an opportunity to meet other players in a friendly standoff to trade goods and perhaps team up would be a better reason. It's just the way I play the game on the official servers.
Yep, just gotta bring alot of ammo :p Never go unprepared.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I was joking about the trap... or was I... nah I was.. or was I... yea I was but only a bit, I'd rather not give people those ideas hehe
Because I should be saving them for myself :)

OK, so circling both, I agree @Num47 , but the same number for players or zombies? Might they decrease in number after time, or perhaps just a set number until a timer runs down, or loot despawns?
I'd imagine them to disperse once the zed body is gone and that's pretty quick tbh so maybe just for player would be better but I'm sure if they do it, they'll give it some real thought and do it right.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm waiting for those thoughts @Num47 , but liking what you've put forward so far.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I was joking about the trap... or was I... nah I was.. or was I... yea I was but only a bit, I'd rather not give people those ideas hehe
Because I should be saving them for myself :)

I'd imagine them to disperse once the zed body is gone and that's pretty quick tbh so maybe just for player would be better but I'm sure if they do it, they'll give it some real thought and do it right.
Increasing zombie body decay time allows for more discovery time, potentially after the body has been looted. This would also allow for an interesting deceased deceased zombie trap mechanic or way for players to meet one another. If a player was smart they could use it as an environmental compass of sorts to meet up with other players as compasses are not all that easy to find. The question is how long? Because if a near full server started having multiple zeds dropped that could start to impact fps performance, in saying that wouldn't know what sort of hardware the official servers are running on nor the hardware requirements not to mention bandwidth.

@Clinton Hey man can you fill us in here? Whats current minimum requirements for a 30 slot server?

Last edited:

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
Currently 5-10GB of RAM and "a lot" of CPU. 5GB of RAM just to start the server and then it goes up from there.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@Clinton , can my I7K still 'kick it'? It's got the memory, the storage but it's 5 years old …. I daren't run it much faster than 3.3 Ghtz, will that be enough? I'll need to update all 6 fans and the water cooling before I can 'turn it up' more.

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
@Clinton , can my I7K still 'kick it'? It's got the memory, the storage but it's 5 years old …. I daren't run it much faster than 3.3 Ghtz, will that be enough? I'll need to update all 6 fans and the water cooling before I can 'turn it up' more.
That should work just fine.