• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

RC Cars/Helicpoters/Ships/Whatever

Thread starter #1

Zero33

Backer
I think it would be cool if you could find RC Cars or Planes or something else which you could use to scout areas or something like that.

I thought it would work that way:

You find an RC Plane. Maybe you have luck and it is full functional with an remote. then you only need an Camera to add to the plane and an Display to add to your remote, and some batterys as well. And this way you could use it to scout the area.

If you don't have that much luck you find the RC plane damaged and without an remote. Then you would have to find Electric parts to repair the plane ( how much dpends on the level of damage. so if it is damaged to much it wouldnt be worth to repair it) and you would need to find a remote you can use.

Then you you would be able to upgrgade the remote with an better transmitter so you would be able to have a bgger distance to your RC plane. And you would be able to upgrade your plane, for example, with duct tape, a small gun and a few electroparts so you could also shoot with it.

I'm sure there are a few other things you could add.

What do you think?

Thread starter #3

Zero33

Backer
good question... maybe there are 2 different ways. One is that you can use some kind of extra transmitter that transmits the pictures from the camre to the display, you would have to find this first. the other one would be that you would have to find an functional smartphone and an functional tablet, which would be very rare, these could also set up an wireless connection.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I'm pretty sure wireless would be down in an zombie apocalypse, and you would also need to find an RC heli that can carry a camera :D RC Helis and cars could be a good distraction for zombies tough.. if you add a alarm clock or something to it.

Thread starter #5

Zero33

Backer
Oh ye, distraction would also be a good task! In general i like the whole modular thing :D

Wireless device to device connection depends on the devices and has nothing to do with the enviroment (okay, at last is has something to do because of distance xD). Remotes would work in an zombie apocalyps as well, they are independed. And cameras can be small. But a weight system would be needed. Sou you would not be able to take a small rc helicpopter and put a cam, a huge gun and maybe some backpacks with bombs and whatever else on it xD

Thread starter #7

Zero33

Backer
Or like Madsl said, you put an alarm clock on it, attract zombies and then troll other players xD Think about it, you could use a Zombie army for an assault on an enemy base! :D

GiggaBaby

Backer
another idea

Kill an animal
put the head or skin on the car

Use it as a distraction that way making the zombies follow it and pull them away from your building or shelter :)

Sempter

Backer
another idea

Kill an animal
put the head or skin on the car

Use it as a distraction that way making the zombies follow it and pull them away from your building or shelter :)
Or put a piece of meat on a string behind it and drive it away :D

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
or do all of that at once creating a super vehicle of death :rolleyes:
just saying :D

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
I don't really think the RC car would be suitable, and I could see it being exploited. I vote yes to everything else.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
So, a zombie apocalypse MMO with RC trolls?

STN suddenly becomes RC Simulator 2015.

I dunno if i would hunt down a hobby shop in a zombie apocalypse..

Although, if some sort of basic quad heli could be crafted out of crazy difficult parts, it could be used as a forward scout resource.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I really like this idea it would be pretty interesting to see the things people could use these for. On the RC drones & using a smartphone to use them I like it but you would need certain rare items like a gopro(the new ones have built in wifi) and something to create a wifi for your side to use the smart phone. I am trying to look up somethings that coulld be used but there are devices large and small that can be used in large areas with no power. I found one large source that might actually be interesting to see as a vehicle, they are called Power Forward Vehicles and they are made by duracell.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/olvhk82pftrmvwqoaytz.jpg

I am sure with enough work I could find a personal device you could use, they are becoming a lot more frequent since so many people are using devices requiring wifi. I don't know a lot about the intricacies of wifi and the internet...I just know I need them for online video games and the internet lol so someone can proably correct me but I think it could work.

You would just needto find a gopro and attachmet(or make one), the drone, a smartphone and a wifi generator. On your end you wouldn't be very mobile depending on how heavy the wifi generator is but it would be a great tool for spying on players or zombies. It would be pretty silent depending on how high you flew it so it wouldn't rile zombies or attract the attenion of players. You would have to be careful because they might follow the drone back to you if they see it from afar and some have a safety feature where they return to the last spot they started if the control signal is lost. It would definitly have to be a rare thing to have but it would be really cool to work toward, if you were good enough you could just fly it from your base to scout. It also would have to have a short radius, but I have heard about upgrades that can increase the distance so they could add those as well but they would be hard to find or make.

Edit: Here are some more pic's of the PowerForward veh's.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/fnlaiipksg7ahhzjhdld.png
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/g1qckeda3fndqcurdhyc.png
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/ky58ihefvizvbsfgilbc.png
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/mq2ueeb6ocujf4huqn9e.png

Edit: I found a small survival wifi generator called the BRCK it's durable and I think it would make a good part for the controler. It's big enough so that it would make the controller pretty heavy so that you couldn't be too mobile. http://www.brck.com/#thebrck

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Craftable unmanned vehicles:
RC Helicopter with attachable camera/distraction device/small explosive.
RC Car with attachable camera/distraction device/small explosive.
RC Boat with attachable camera/distraction device/small explosive.

Just thought that these would be particularly useful.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

NathanD

Freelance Bum
Backer
This is one thing that always pissed me off about "Dawn of the Dead " . They had a whole shopping complex , the guy over in the gun store was starving to death and they could have just flown over a few snickers for the bloke . I know a pointless hate but every time I see it I just think where are their brains ?

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Splinter Cell meets Survive the Nights huh? Not sure if UAV's would have been present on that island before the outbreak. If we are all gunning for realism, we might need to ask ourselves just how likely it is that we find a UAV. Also, and this is important for immersion, where would we plug in the Intelligent Charger for the LiPo Battery? What happens when we run out of fuel for the generators? No power to charge the batteries. The UAV's then become expensive door-stops.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Splinter Cell meets Survive the Nights huh? Not sure if UAV's would have been present on that island before the outbreak. If we are all gunning for realism, we might need to ask ourselves just how likely it is that we find a UAV. Also, and this is important for immersion, where would we plug in the Intelligent Charger for the LiPo Battery? What happens when we run out of fuel for the generators? No power to charge the batteries. The UAV's then become expensive door-stops.
No we are not talking about expensive UAV's we are talking about RC vehicles like the ones you would find in a toy/hobby store. Like a little RC copter and RC cars, what we were talking about was that we could use the RC toys to make UAVs or UGV's.