• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Realistic servers

Thread starter #1

henrikcomn

Backer
with this I mean servers were no loot will respawn.
I am not sure if the game is designed to handle such a setting, but it would be cool, if after a while there won't be any more loot and you had to survive by farming, and making your own things.
This would also add so much to the atmosphere for group and clans, and create some awesome moments when one group is trying to steal another groups food or ammunition.

Graham

The One You Should Avoid In Multiplayer Games
Backer
It would only work if the server reset periodically, but that in itself wouldn't work, because after a while a new player who joins one of those servers will have no chance at survival, as they would not be able to find any tools to farm with, or any weapons to hunt or protect themselves with.

Thread starter #3

henrikcomn

Backer
It would only work if the server reset periodically, but that in itself wouldn't work, because after a while a new player who joins one of those servers will have no chance at survival, as they would not be able to find any tools to farm with, or any weapons to hunt or protect themselves with.
Thats true - But on the other hand, that will encourage people to stick together and team up. Like in The Walking Dead tv-show :)

Edit: People joining these servers would be aware that there wont be much loot, if it somehow is showed for how many days the server have been running. I guess respawning loot only once a month or something like that (Much less often than a regular server) would also work

Moderator #4

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
People always drop loot too, how many times have you dropped a gun in order to take a better one in dayz and then wish you never dropped it?

:p there will always be loot, just very scarce, I love the idea though!

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
Perhaps when you 1st spawn in you are equipped with unique items which can be traded or damaged in a gun battle or fight to prevent spawn killers?

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
This type of server sounds pretty interesting, the amount of available loot would increase whenever they add more islands but loot taking a long time to respawn sounds interesting as long as all the loot didn't dry up in the first few hours the server starts. Also a idea for small increases in random or specific loot would be washed up wreckge/containers. People have suggested wanting washed up ships large and small they could also have shiping containers that randomly wash up on diffrent parts of the map. The game takes place at the begining of the apocalypse so there could still be ships with fresh cargo traveling.

It would also be cool to see a ghost ship in the form of a ship on autopilot with a undead crew that enters the map as a event, it could then crash ashore one of the islands as a active loot drop like the airdrops from Rust. It might take a lot of resources and frames to have a cargo ship actively crash but it would be cool to see.

@BABYBLACKHOLE that sounds like a interesting idea but I wonder what it could be, I have been trying to think of something that might be rare as a loot drop but still something fragile that you could spawn with. Some people have posted ideas involving phones and I posted a item that can create a wifi signal over a large area called the BRCK, so what do you think about people spawning with phones/smartphones. If you spawned with a smart phone you could use it in plenty of diffrent ways and if you could charge it you could keep memo's or check a map and maybe even take pictures.

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
@BlackWater A phone is a great idea, perhaps some sort of luxuries like soap, toothpaste or guitar etc. to help with mental well-being, maybe just an old fashioned paper map of unexplored/underground area's? It could be something critical like a component needed to start a generator or car, fuel, basically any sort of item not in abundance and needed by the survivors.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Those all sound like good ideas, maybe it could be random to show diversity in people. A guitar would be would be a good item to help with your mental state and wouldn't dissapear after a few uses like soap or toothpaste. Since you can repair car's with a bunch of diffrent parts so they might be too frequent to have as a spawn item even if the item spawn rate is low on these servers. I really like the idea of something to repair a generator, not a small portable one but a rare part that could fix a large generator that could power a large building or a bridge. It could be a really large fuse that could only fit into large generators, that would be fragile enough to get damaged during pvp. Something like this http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/large-glass-fuse-hand-545852.jpg

Still trying to think of some more things that could be used, that while fragile would be valueable enough to team up for.

Moderator #9

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I remember that, that thread and the one for RC vehicles are the reason for the BRCK thread I created. Having a BRCK would let you generate a Wifi signal in the most rugged enviroment. They are used in areas with poor infrastructre or one that has been hit by a disaster. I think it would actually let us use the internet in our situation, so you might be able to download maps and survival apps to your phone. Check it out if you want http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/brck.2783/

Moderator #11

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
I remember that, that thread and the one for RC vehicles are the reason for the BRCK thread I created. Having a BRCK would let you generate a Wifi signal in the most rugged enviroment. They are used in areas with poor infrastructre or one that has been hit by a disaster. I think it would actually let us use the internet in our situation, so you might be able to download maps and survival apps to your phone. Check it out if you want http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/brck.2783/
Will do, seen the thread before just had a quick glance if i'm honest :p I'll let you know what I think :)

Jeffernaut

Backer
That exact post was the reason why I went back to my "Toy store" post and put a ton of things you could find to be useful. :)