• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Realistic Wounds To Human Players (And healing) & Adrenaline

Thread starter #1
I was thinking (as I posted my introduction) about realistic wounds. I read about 4 or so pages back to make sure I wasn't reposting, but I was thinking about wounds to players. I've seen some games that do have some sort of realistic damage to players, such as being shot in the leg, you'd collapse (Depending on the caliber), and your leg would be useless, or shot in the arm and you suddenly develop Parkinson's or shot in the neck, hitting the spine, not dying instantly but being paralyzed, bleeding out. Maybe there'd be a bleed out depending on where you got shot, and infection system where if you don't clean a wound with actual medical items (or improvised medical items such as dipping cloth in boiling water to sanitize it as much boiling water can. (Not sure if there's already an infection system already planned or talked about. Oh, and for those who aren't following, I'm talking about an actual infection, such as staph.), that'd add a constant threat of death even after the threat of immediate death has passed. This idea is to help assist against KoS and such, as fear of bleeding to death, or dying of a major infection is ever so present.

Scenario, say you're peaking inside a building after a few hours of trying to find supplies. Anything, a gun, some food, water, etc.. You already have a gun, but it's in poor shape, and may jam, or even break completely, and you only have half of a magazine left. Suddenly, a man steps down from the second floor, and spots you, aiming his rifle at you, yelling at you to don't move. Panicking like most people would, you send a shot toward him, missing his head by mere inches, and he sends a five round burst, two rounds striking you in the right arm and right leg (Coincidence, hue). You realize you're bleeding heavily on your right leg, having maybe struck the femoral artery. You immediately feel dizzy, having lost a large amount of blood in the small time frame. Knowing you'll die as you have no real medical supplies, you use the last bit of your strength to step back into the window, and unload your gun, three of your bullets finding their target... neck, lower stomach, and knee... he collapses, his spine severed. You follow his actions unconsciously, falling as well... your mind overwhelmingly fogged, deprived of oxygenated blood...
Aaaand Scene.

To sum up the above paragraph, being shot in certain areas should be less damaging, or more damage, than being shot in others. Say, being shot in the foot will severely limit your mobility, but you won't bleed out from it (Unless it's a large caliber weapon that takes off your foot.), while being shot in the femoral, or jugular, or heart, you'll bleed out much, much faster.

Now, on to the adrenaline idea. You ain't gonna' be in the middle of a firefight, or battling a horde of zombies, and being all calm. At least I wouldn't. My adrenaline would be pumping bucket loads. I'd say that shooting your weapon causes an adrenaline jump, especially if you hit a living (or undead) being, and your aim starts to shake. Maybe there'd be levels of adrenaline, from slight jump, to holy fuck shit is hitting the fan. Of course the shake wouldn't be EXTREME, but it'd be noticeable. This'd effect aim mainly. The adrenaline DUMP after the event would effect stamina, (Possibly hydration and hunger, as I've witnessed people puke a couple of times after a major adrenaline dump). Stamina being effected as you'd be tired afterwards of course.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
Idk how much experience you have with adrenalin and combat, but for me and the others I served with, the shaking usually started after a situation. Not during.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I have never attempted to aim a weapon when in immense pain, but even when you have a lot of adrenaline in a firefight, you can steady yourself to take a shot. I don't think it'd have any big effects but after a major fight, that's when you'd notice. Maybe you'd realize how exhausted you are, or you'd just realize that you got lightly injured. And afterwards is probably when the Mental State would come in as well, if you took a life.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Talking about wounds, what I don't want to see is instant heal packs. Another thing I really hate is players jumping up and down to avoid getting shot in the head. shooting someone anywhere that's not fatal should still slow them down

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Yeah its stupid that people can get shot, be nearly dead, hide in a building for 5 seconds and come back full on hp. I hope it isnt in but honestly I don't think it will be, luckily.

warpig12234

Backer
I'd like to see a game that needs you to take care of your wound, like not just slap a rag on it. you would need to sow it closed or something like that as well as using the rag while also having injections of antibiotics to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I love that idea, Im sure it's been suggested numerous times but I really do like it. If anyone's played the second season of Telltale's twd. The main character gets bitten by a dog and you need to clean the wound, sow it shut, and then bandage it. This would be awesome.